MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (a) sponsored by others slipping up, hopefully

228 posts
Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (a) sponsored by others slipping up, hopefully

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 06 May 2018 21:18

Snowball
Dick Habbin's hairdo "A ludicrous way to the end the season with a game of Reading keep ball in their own penalty box."

No, no it's not. It's quite apt. Finish like we started.

It was CARDIFF's fault that the end was silly. Their forwards need
to run forward and challenge Mannone. He broke no rules.

I think that's a massive "Whooosh" on several bases, Snowers.

The quote is direct from Tim, Nice But Dim (who did make some attempt to suggest that Cardiff should pressure the ball.)

My comment is relevant insofar as suggesting we have been fannying around at the back all season - even when we had the opportunity to go forward or, indeed, in times of desperation *had* to get it forward and, because of Voldemort, possession was everything.

Therefore, given no great urgency by all concerned, we resorted to what got us into the pickle of a wasted season.

Still, only the world cup to look forward to now before the whole jamboree kicks off again in August. It's the hope that kills us.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 May 2018 21:19

Snowflake Royal All Cardiff have to do is pressure him. Total mockery of a game.

Hello. and welcome to the world where me dont want to lose the game under any circumstances . we did what we had to do, and piss off
what everyone thinks.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 May 2018 23:40

windermereROYAL
Snowflake Royal All Cardiff have to do is pressure him. Total mockery of a game.

Hello. and welcome to the world where me dont want to lose the game under any circumstances . we did what we had to do, and piss off
what everyone thinks.

Obviously, and I'm not really blaming us - I'd say I'm clearly blaming Cardiff. But it's a pretty poor example of football, a goalkeeper standing outside his box, with the ball at his feet doing nothing for about 2 minutes whilst 21 players on the pitch stand still watching him. You could see the referee wanted to do something about it, but couldn't, because it really was a bit of a disgrace - mainly on the part of Cardiff's striker.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 May 2018 01:18

Jesus Christ live a little, ffs.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 07 May 2018 09:19

Double d v2 Anybody developed a way to wipe a football season from memory?

Yep, follow it with a good season

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 07 May 2018 09:23

Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL

what everyone thinks.

Obviously, and I'm not really blaming us - I'd say I'm clearly blaming Cardiff. But it's a pretty poor example of football, a goalkeeper standing outside his box, with the ball at his feet doing nothing for about 2 minutes whilst 21 players on the pitch stand still watching him. You could see the referee wanted to do something about it, but couldn't, because it really was a bit of a disgrace - mainly on the part of Cardiff's striker.

It shouldn't be hard to have a football law
saying we must try to play football.

Arguably "not playing" is ungentlemanly conduct.

There have been games where 0-0 meant a great result for both sides
and they have just played tippy-happy for 90+ minutes. Basically conspiracy to defraud.

Imagine if the ref blew for time-wasting, awarded a free-kick on the edge of the box

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 07 May 2018 10:00

leon Jesus Christ live a little, ffs.

:lol:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 May 2018 09:06

Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL

what everyone thinks.

I really doubt there was a single Cardiff fan doing anything but celebrating at that point, and I would have thought (although this is HNA?) that not a single Reading fan would care either about what was happening on the pitch.

It's not like both teams hadn't been trying to get the results needed but by that stage it was jobs done, lets get to the pub, see you in August.

228 posts