Luke Southwood

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
BathRomans

Luke Southwood

by BathRomans » 30 Apr 2018 19:21

Hello all,

A passing Bath City fan who has had the pleasure of watching your young Goalkeeper Luke Southwood this season.

Although yes 4 leagues below your current level Luke has been superb, the best keeper I’ve seen in non league by a mile. Despite a 10th place finish he kept the joint number of clean sheets (joint with the league winners).

He saved multiple penalties and also his one on one record is incredible. He is definitely one for the future and I genuinely think he could be ready for your first team now.

We also have a song for him, which I hope you guys will be belting round the Madejski next season.

It’s to the song Knock on Wood (https://youtu.be/XKuJUxGntRI)

The verse and chorus are below;

His reactions, are like leightening.
Clean sheet record is frightening
WE’VE GOT LUKE SOUTHWOOD
LUKE SOUTHWOOD BABY
(Repeat)

Good luck next season, Luke will be missed.

You stripes

3points
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Luke Southwood

by 3points » 30 Apr 2018 20:04

thanks for your input. Given our Number 2 and Number 3 keepers are both out of contract this summer, then he might have a chance of becoming our No 2 next season behind Mannone (assuming we stay up)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Apr 2018 20:07

Cheers, good news and glad you benefited. We seem to have a pretty good record with home grown keepers... Hamer, McCarthy, Ashdown, to an extent Federici... maybe try one of our others next season. :)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Apr 2018 20:27

Thanks, good to know. Saw he won all the pots awards there

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Apr 2018 20:32

Good to hear. With Jaakola and Bond unlikely to be around next season he has a chance to step up

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 30 Apr 2018 20:40

I like it! Luke Southwood, baby!

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 30 Apr 2018 20:48

Zip Good to hear. With Jaakola and Bond unlikely to be around next season he has a chance to step up

Jaakkola, bond, Ward and Southwood all out of contract I believe. Not sure about Legg.

Pretty sure Southwood only extended one season after his trials with Palace etc last summer.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Apr 2018 20:55

maffff
Zip Good to hear. With Jaakola and Bond unlikely to be around next season he has a chance to step up

Jaakkola, bond, Ward and Southwood all out of contract I believe. Not sure about Legg.

Pretty sure Southwood only extended one season after his trials with Palace etc last summer.

I think Southwood had technically left the club and then decided to stay. Didn’t realise it was for only one season though. That’s a shame as we may lose him.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Apr 2018 20:58

maffff

It would have been particularly stupid of us to offer a 1 year contract and ship him out on loan but all the evidence I can find backs it up (including Football Manager whether you consider that a source or not) so I guess we did. Great planning all round guys.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 30 Apr 2018 22:20

NewCorkSeth
maffff

It would have been particularly stupid of us to offer a 1 year contract and ship him out on loan but all the evidence I can find backs it up (including Football Manager whether you consider that a source or not) so I guess we did. Great planning all round guys.

It's what I heard at the time, we could have extended during the season though - I don't have any insight anymore.

Alternatively, we could have a clause to extend. No idea.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 30 Apr 2018 22:23

Zip
maffff

I think Southwood had technically left the club and then decided to stay. Didn’t realise it was for only one season though. That’s a shame as we may lose him.

That's right, he had left. When he came back the offer of a loan to Bath was pretty much immediately on the table so you'd hope there's some foresight beyond that..

Although he left, the extension may have been similar to Fosu etc... so if he declined it and went elsewhere we'd be due a fee. But decided to shay.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 May 2018 07:07

He’s been at the club a while hasn’t he - local lad?

Really think you’d be able to get him to stay if we gave him that #2 keeper spot

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 02 May 2018 19:59

Hound He’s been at the club a while hasn’t he - local lad?

Really think you’d be able to get him to stay if we gave him that #2 keeper spot

You'd hope we keep him and Ward to battle for the bench. Two very good young keepers.

Legg isn't bad, but you think in addition to Jaakkola and Bond there's a good chance he might leave.

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1