BFTT Cardiff

Double d v2

Re: BFTT Cardiff

by Double d v2 » 08 May 2018 04:53

alfie9 Didn't even care about our result today, I was more happy for Alfie and Parky and THAT COMEBACK :D

Why the Bolton love in? Hate them as a club. Would have rather Burton stayed up

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 08 May 2018 05:17

Barney
NewCorkSeth
Barney
Don't wind me up. Trust me. Season ticket holder for FAR MORE YEARS than you. My initial post was about getting the job done and not having a slush job over Bolton. Don't call me idiotic. I'm being serious now. Don't call me idiotic.

Well you got one thing right. I'm 26 and have never held a season ticket as I have never lived in or near Reading.

Did you watch the Bolton game? It looked really good. I've only seen the highlights. Did you know Phil Parkinson (their manager) used to play for us! Who knew?

Never knew that. Having been a season ticket holder for close to 40 years I must have missed Parky playing for us :o Can't recall seeing you at the 1995 play off final either. Please enjoy your pathetic lovefest for Bolton. Do you know what third tier football means ? Ah no....26....you wouldn't would you. Go play with your lego and post again when you appreciate what staying in the second tier really means,

Get off your high horse barney and stop being so self entitled. I hate it when fans say all that bollocks you said.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 08 May 2018 09:28

We were mediocre at best.

However, it was first, an improvement and second, enough.

Vague sense that the defensive job in the midfield was enough but no one further up the pitch were doing anything but heavy running against a pretty solid backline.

Job done, I guess.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 08 May 2018 09:36

stealthpapes We were mediocre at best.

However, it was first, an improvement and second, enough.

Vague sense that the defensive job in the midfield was enough but no one further up the pitch were doing anything but heavy running against a pretty solid backline.

Job done, I guess.

We were set up to play defensively but very noticeable that on the rare occasion we had good possession to potentially counter attack, there was little movement and few out balls to do so. We move on.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 08 May 2018 12:31

I've only been to two games this season - if Sunday's match is representative then I'm not going back either. Absolutely dire game, Reading struggled to put three passes together for the first hour (literally) and constantly gave the ball back.

Ilori is scared of life. Van den Berg is worse than me. Aluko is total gash, does all his work in the wrong areas of the pitch.

That squad needs ripping to shreds and starting again. Credit to anyone who's sat through this season and not launched their ST onto the pitch at any point.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 08 May 2018 12:47

Good afternoon all, and hope you are enjoying the sun.

Back from Leeds v QPR on Sunday, and watched our match on Sky+.

Couple of immediate points - Cardiff aren't very good are they? I reckon they'll be back down after a single season. Mannone didn't have a shot in anger to save IIRC. Cardiff did have 3 shots on target, but they were all powder-puff and not really worth calling shots.

We are woeful. As an attacking force we simply have no ideas. The Sky commentators/summarisers were pretty scathing of us and rightly so.

Ilori is simply not a full back, He was getting beaten at every turn and was lucky not have given away a pen when Hoilett got past him. My heart was in my mouth every time an oppo bore down on him. Whilst not wishing an injury on anyone, I was glad when he went off and we immediately looked a bit more compact.

van den Red Card was also fortunate not to have conceded a penalty - his arm definitely went towards the ball in our area from a shot from Cardiff.

It was good to see McShane back for a few final minutes, and he was barking orders and organising as soon as he got on. So much more of an effective captain than Gunter. If we can keep Moore and sign Elphick and McShane stays injury free, the CB positions seem solid enough for next season. Our problem is midfield and strikers - we simply do not have any worthy of the name.

Final word on the Leeds QPR game. For a last game of the seasons with noting riding on it it was excellent. Don;t know if there is any needle between the 2 teams but they were at each other for the full 90 minutes. Viera and Roofe are excellent and Leeds may well struggle to keep them next season. And the fans put us to shame. A nothing game at the end of the season, over 30k and sung and chanted for virtually the whole game. Whilst there are plenty of knuckle draggers in their ranks, they simply cannot be faulted for their passion for their club.

So another season bites the dust, PC is going to be a VERY busy man if he hopes to turn this shower round! Hope everyone has a great summer, and I'll be back with a few meaningless stats when I start to get bored with the sun, fizz and the cricket!

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 08 May 2018 13:03

Zip Parky has got a perfectly decent track record as a manager.

But not because he was / is a 'Reading Legend' (which is the point I was making).

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 08 May 2018 17:01

Totally and utterly baffled to see any form of defence for Joey van den Berg. What the hell was he doing running round like a madman and giving away penalties?! He has got to go.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 May 2018 17:37

He was pretty terrible but managed to just about be in the right place most of the time

Would happily see
Him not play for the club again, but hopefully leaving on a slightly positive note

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 May 2018 19:55

John Smith Totally and utterly baffled to see any form of defence for Joey van den Berg. What the hell was he doing running round like a madman and giving away penalties?! He has got to go.

I remember him also making some damn good tackles and interceptions

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 08 May 2018 21:51

strap Ilori is simply not a full back,

We played a back 3 with Aluko as a right wing back. :roll:

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 09 May 2018 04:54

Got round to watching the game last night.

Job done. Nothing more, nothing less. We needed a point, we got a point. Don't think we can read anything in to the game aside from the fact it was pretty obvious there were some players out there who know the bell has tolled for them at Reading and as such did precisely nothing more than what was required.

Last 5 mins was lol as clearly both teams had agreed to settle for a draw and whoever said it reminded them of Stam's reign was exactly right.

I will make a note for the joke of a referee, long time since I have seen such a homer, felt sorry for JvDB a few times as the decisions really did make it look like he was being reckless.