BFTT Cardiff

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

BFTT Cardiff

by Westwood52 » 06 May 2018 14:56

What a farce at the end.
We again offered very little, and nothing on target against a very limited team . We did show some fight , but totally lacking in any quality.
However we get a 2nd chance , and today that's all that matters.
When you think about it, we have gone a whole season with next to no convincing performances.
IMHO:
Mannone 4: A couple of flaps, and poor kicks-but for all Cardiff's superiority, had little to do.

Gunter 7: MOM-probably his best game of the season;however got caught out once.
Ilori 5: Bit of a wus again, in the tackle.
Moore 6: Nothing special, couple of good clearances-but this is clearly his level.
Elphick 5: Jurys out on him. Doubt he is worth a contract-which is disappointing. Two very poor moments.
Joey 4: Sometimes very poor-he really is a Pub player at best.
Edwards 4: Non existent-just not a footballer.
Barrow 3: Bright start, then totally disappeared.
Bod 2: Morrison had him on toast, and that's saying something.
Aluko 1: An apology of a player-dismal season. Stealing a living.
Bacuna 3: Disappointing-hes better than this.

Kelly: Couple of nice passes;but little impact.
Kermit: Same old problem-no longer has the gas at this level.
McShane: Some important contributions.

Ref: Average at best-few basic mistakes; but he is a Prem Ref so better than we usually have to put up with.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTT Cardiff

by Zip » 06 May 2018 15:01

I was listening to the game on the radio so had no idea who was playing wellI have been critical of Gunter but fair play to him for showing true professionalism against the team he supports.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 06 May 2018 15:05

Back from the TV. Really poor game for a side that needed to win to go up Cardiff were piss poor. Credit to the lads for showing a bit of spirit and fight defensively. But a lot of work needed to make us more competitive next season.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 06 May 2018 15:14

Watched on Sky, it's hard to argue against a point at Cardiff and at least we showed a bit of fight, so well done there.

Now it's good riddance to this dreadful season and hopefully good riddance to the vast majority of the squad.

Hopefully a huge clear our this summer and the chance for Clement to build his own team rather than work with this load of crap. I appreciate that may be easier said than done with resources and players contracts .

Apart from getting relegated it can't be any worse next season than this shockingly bad season, without doubt the worst season in the history of the Mad Stad.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 May 2018 15:25

We went to a team second on the league needing a point and we got one.

This ratings don’t reflect the effort put in at all. We got what we came for and did well. Though Gunter, Moore, Elphick Bacuna and Edwards all deserve a lot of credit particularly. Bod did pretty well as well

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 06 May 2018 15:35

Back from the telly as well - we contained Cardiff well and for all their possession they didn't really ever look that threatening.

A decent showing on the final day and thankfully we can now get this season out of the way and look forward to next year.

My one concern is that we'll struggle to get rid of the dead weight, as a lot of them are on long contracts and based on this season I can't see us being deluged with offers.

Gunter man of the match for taking that throw-in on the shadow line, about 10 yards in from the touch-line. I also enjoyed watching Joey cheer when the pitch invader was taken out.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 May 2018 15:39

MoorgateRoyal Back from the telly as well - we contained Cardiff well and for all their possession they didn't really ever look that threatening.

A decent showing on the final day and thankfully we can now get this season out of the way and look forward to next year.

My one concern is that we'll struggle to get rid of the dead weight, as a lot of them are on long contracts and based on this season I can't see us being deluged with offers.

Gunter man of the match for taking that throw-in on the shadow line, about 10 yards in from the touch-line. I also enjoyed watching Joey cheer when the pitch invader was taken out.

It wasn't on the shadow line. The shadow just happened to be on the line.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 May 2018 15:44

Couldn't help but lol when both teams stopped playing at the end, and it just looked like the football we played under Stam

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 May 2018 15:47

genome Couldn't help but lol when both teams stopped playing at the end, and it just looked like the football we played under Stam

It did strike a startling resemblance.

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 06 May 2018 15:48

NewCorkSeth
MoorgateRoyal Back from the telly as well - we contained Cardiff well and for all their possession they didn't really ever look that threatening.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 May 2018 15:50

MoorgateRoyal
NewCorkSeth

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 06 May 2018 15:53

I'm so confused.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 May 2018 15:56

MoorgateRoyal I'm so confused.

You're seeing the top of the pitch side hoarding as the sideline.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 06 May 2018 16:23

Thank you Birmingham.

Job Done.

Season over.

Hopefully Clement will sign Elphick, or at least bring a couple more players of his ilk into the squad. There is a foundation of a team. Just needs more offensive capability.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 May 2018 16:50

MoorgateRoyal I'm so confused.

Sorry I worded that awfully. The shadow obscured the line. Gunter took the throw from the correct place.

JIM

by JIM » 06 May 2018 17:20

Amid all the pundits,on the downfall of READING, The best comment was READING ARE SAFE. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

alfie9

by alfie9 » 06 May 2018 17:25

Didn't even care about our result today, I was more happy for Alfie and Parky and THAT COMEBACK :D

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 06 May 2018 18:02

Westwood52 What a farce at the end.
We again offered very little, and nothing on target against a very limited team . We did show some fight , but totally lacking in any quality.
However we get a 2nd chance , and today that's all that matters.
When you think about it, we have gone a whole season with next to no convincing performances.
IMHO:
Mannone 4: A couple of flaps, and poor kicks-but for all Cardiff's superiority, had little to do.

Gunter 7: MOM-probably his best game of the season;however got caught out once.
Ilori 5: Bit of a wus again, in the tackle.
Moore 6: Nothing special, couple of good clearances-but this is clearly his level.
Elphick 5: Jurys out on him. Doubt he is worth a contract-which is disappointing. Two very poor moments.
Joey 4: Sometimes very poor-he really is a Pub player at best.
Edwards 4: Non existent-just not a footballer.
Barrow 3: Bright start, then totally disappeared.
Bod 2: Morrison had him on toast, and that's saying something.
Aluko 1: An apology of a player-dismal season. Stealing a living.
Bacuna 3: Disappointing-hes better than this.

Kelly: Couple of nice passes;but little impact.
Kermit: Same old problem-no longer has the gas at this level.
McShane: Some important contributions.

Ref: Average at best-few basic mistakes; but he is a Prem Ref so better than we usually have to put up with.

Ratings a bit harsh. Hard to base much on this game the way it played out because of results elsewhere, but at least we showed up and fought. Effort and determination was there. We played smarter, too.

Ilori - Agree, lightweight for a CB in Champ. Not sure that can/should be his position in this league long term
Elphick - Has he shown enough? Wanted more games to evaluate. Ok today, but couple of glaring mistakes
Moore - Agree, not sure he's a PL player. Did well today, though. Will he stay?
Gunter - Looked well up for this. Needed to put last week behind him, and did. Decent game overall
Joey - Made mistakes, but did ok, got stuck in, prolly justified his selection for this game
McShane - Looked lively, got involved quickly, made an impact. Did well, considering long layoff
Barrow - A couple of early moments, but hasn't been the same player under Clement
Aluko - Showed some effort. New boss has a side project over the Summer...
Kelly - See Barrow
Bacuna - Needed to make up for absence, did ok, put himself about. Arrived at club with questions, some still exist
Bod - Meh. Not scored once under new boss. Subbed off in every game under new gaffer. Does Clement rate him?
Yann - Off the pace, but adds presence and experience. Opponents respect him, made himself a nuisance

Clement - Set us up well. Had plan to combat their aerial threat. We had few, if any, shots on goal again, though. Much work ahead. Next season big for him and club. Has seen this lot for 2 months now, won't be coming in blind.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 06 May 2018 18:27

I'm sure everyone thought we'd get totally hammered today so a point against a side promoted is a good result

I have to say that Cardiff were equally shit and can't see them surpassing Derby's points score.

Thanks to Derby for making us safe.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 06 May 2018 18:37

I wonder who will be Cardiff’s Manager next season.

Warnock said before he joined Cardiff that he knew he could do a job for anyone in the Championship, he loves that league but if he won promotion he really wasn’t interested in managing in the PL. He doesn’t enjoy it, it’s just not for him.

We shall see.