BFTT Cardiff

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTT Cardiff

by Barney » 06 May 2018 18:42

Job done today. Let's give Clement the time to sort the squad out over the summer.

Am finding the love fest for Bolton very embarrassing :oops: Parky's record as a manager is woeful. Karacan is dreadfully injury prone.
And Alfie is 31, and far too old to even contemplate bringing back to RFC. Get over your Bolton dreamboat and look forward to what is happening at RFC.

Clement was brought into the club to stop the rot, and to avoid relegation. He succeeded.

It's been a tough season. Injuries were beyond belief. I couldn't care less about Jem or Parky or Alfie or Bolton. It is about US.

Re-group. Give Clement a few bob. Clear out a few players. And let's come back in August with a better mindset.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 May 2018 18:47

Couldn't give a fcuk about Bolton. Classic case of living beyond their means in the Premiership and blowing up big time when they fell off the gravy train.

Burton on the other hand are a club who punch above their weight by being well run and well managed. Barnsley too to a lesser extent. I know which I'd rather see in the Championship next season.

Anyway, draw a line under this season then regroup and rebuild for August.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 06 May 2018 19:00

One of the worst games of football I have ever seen BUT results went our way and we got what we went to Cardiff for ,as did they, so we live to fight another day.
Can't see Cardiff and whoever goes up through the play-offs doing any good next season but West Brom and Stoke both look like sides (like Cardiff) who look made for a promotion bid from the Championship.

The next few weeks will be interesting to see who goes and who comes in and hopefully Clement will be backed financially just as much as Stam was.
The only players that I would be disappointed to see leave are Moore, Barrow , Swift and Richards-like a lot of other posters I don't really like most of our current squad and would prefer most of them to leave but our club just loves giving long term contracts to anybody so I suspect that a lot of the old lags will still be here.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 May 2018 19:21

Barney Job done today. Let's give Clement the time to sort the squad out over the summer.

Am finding the love fest for Bolton very embarrassing :oops: Parky's record as a manager is woeful. Karacan is dreadfully injury prone.
And Alfie is 31, and far too old to even contemplate bringing back to RFC. Get over your Bolton dreamboat and look forward to what is happening at RFC.

Clement was brought into the club to stop the rot, and to avoid relegation. He succeeded.

It's been a tough season. Injuries were beyond belief. I couldn't care less about Jem or Parky or Alfie or Bolton. It is about US.

Re-group. Give Clement a few bob. Clear out a few players. And let's come back in August with a better mindset.

Jesus chill out. It's not about his record as a manager and neither is it about whether or not 2 former players could come back and be good. It's nice to see them succeed against expectations.

Biscuitman62

by Biscuitman62 » 06 May 2018 19:24

alfie9 Didn't even care about our result today, I was more happy for Alfie and Parky and THAT COMEBACK :D

Joking obvs ?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 06 May 2018 19:24

Great battling performance, team set out to do what is needed under Clement's leadership and deserved that point.

Some of the comments on here are utter bollocks.

Reading fans infuriate the hell out of me.

Anyway - job done, absolutely turgid season, look forward to the re-build and be interested to see what Clement can get out of these players.

Onwards and upwards.

Well done Clement and thank you Mannone for "that" penalty save.

Deadlock
Hob Nob Regular
Location: There's nothing of value there and the people make very poor slaves.

by Deadlock » 06 May 2018 19:29

Snowflake Royal
MoorgateRoyal I'm so confused.

You're seeing the top of the pitch side hoarding as the sideline.

That's so disappointing. Would have been hilarious if he had taken it from the wrong place.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 06 May 2018 19:34

NewCorkSeth
Barney Job done today. Let's give Clement the time to sort the squad out over the summer.

Jesus chill out. It's not about his record as a manager and neither is it about whether or not 2 former players could come back and be good. It's nice to see them succeed against expectations.

Rubbish. Thankfully , other sensible posters (From where to Despair as an example) agree with me. This thread is NOTHING to do with Bolton. Get over Parky, Jem, Alfie.
Who cares whether Bolton succeeded against expectations !!! Who the frigging hell cares how Bolton did.
Maybe you didn't go to the 1995 play off final.

It is about what WE did.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 May 2018 19:41

Barney
NewCorkSeth

Rubbish. Thankfully , other sensible posters (From where to Despair as an example) agree with me. This thread is NOTHING to do with Bolton. Get over Parky, Jem, Alfie.
Who cares whether Bolton succeeded against expectations !!! Who the frigging hell cares how Bolton did.

It is about what WE did.

I do.
I do.
I did.
What we did, didn't matter in the slightest.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 May 2018 19:41

Barney
NewCorkSeth

It is about what WE did.

You're a barrel of laughs aren't you. Yes this thread is not to discuss them but you decided to go into more depth talking about them than anyone else on this thread. Take a big step back and you might see how idiotic you're being getting worked up over nothing.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 06 May 2018 19:50

NewCorkSeth
Barney
NewCorkSeth Jesus chill out. It's not about his record as a manager and neither is it about whether or not 2 former players could come back and be good. It's nice to see them succeed against expectations.

It is about what WE did.

You're a barrel of laughs aren't you. Yes this thread is not to discuss them but you decided to go into more depth talking about them than anyone else on this thread. Take a big step back and you might see how idiotic you're being getting worked up over nothing.

Don't wind me up. Trust me. Season ticket holder for FAR MORE YEARS than you. My initial post was about getting the job done and not having a slush job over Bolton. Don't call me idiotic. I'm being serious now. Don't call me idiotic.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 May 2018 19:54

Barney
NewCorkSeth
Barney

It is about what WE did.

Don't wind me up. Trust me. Season ticket holder for FAR MORE YEARS than you. My initial post was about getting the job done and not having a slush job over Bolton. Don't call me idiotic. I'm being serious now. Don't call me idiotic.

Well you got one thing right. I'm 26 and have never held a season ticket as I have never lived in or near Reading.

Did you watch the Bolton game? It looked really good. I've only seen the highlights. Did you know Phil Parkinson (their manager) used to play for us! Who knew?

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 06 May 2018 20:09

NewCorkSeth
Barney
NewCorkSeth You're a barrel of laughs aren't you. Yes this thread is not to discuss them but you decided to go into more depth talking about them than anyone else on this thread. Take a big step back and you might see how idiotic you're being getting worked up over nothing.

Well you got one thing right. I'm 26 and have never held a season ticket as I have never lived in or near Reading.

Did you watch the Bolton game? It looked really good. I've only seen the highlights. Did you know Phil Parkinson (their manager) used to play for us! Who knew?

Never knew that. Having been a season ticket holder for close to 40 years I must have missed Parky playing for us :o Can't recall seeing you at the 1995 play off final either. Please enjoy your pathetic lovefest for Bolton. Do you know what third tier football means ? Ah no....26....you wouldn't would you. Go play with your lego and post again when you appreciate what staying in the second tier really means,

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 May 2018 20:21

Barney
NewCorkSeth
Barney

Never knew that. Having been a season ticket holder for close to 40 years I must have missed Parky playing for us :o Can't recall seeing you at the 1995 play off final either. Please enjoy your pathetic lovefest for Bolton. Do you know what third tier football means ? Ah no....26....you wouldn't would you. Go play with your lego and post again when you appreciate what staying in the second tier really means,

What a coincidence, I don't recall seeing you there either! What seat were you in?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 06 May 2018 20:43

Jeez.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 06 May 2018 20:55

Nice that we got the point we needed and that we looked competent. I quite enjoyed watching it delayed without knowing the score.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 06 May 2018 21:13

This ...

What is it about some fans who think that previous great players (especially from our own club - Parky, Murty, etc.) will make great managers? Stam was a great player and look how that worked out ...

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 06 May 2018 21:21

I hope somebody behind the scenes has got everything planned between now and August. Pre-season last year was a shambles for all to see; no friendlies, panicked transfers, pitch not ready, even the kit wasn't ready until the week before the season...

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 May 2018 21:25

Parky has got a perfectly decent track record as a manager.
Last edited by Zip on 06 May 2018 21:40, edited 1 time in total.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 06 May 2018 21:26

Oooufff. I think Barney's having a bit of mare.

FTR, nice to see Parky, ALF and Galatasaray's finest turn it around in the last few minutes.... but it is all about the shower of shite that have played in the Hoops all season.

First game at EP in 1967 - and that *must* make me a better fan than you cockwombles.