BFTT Cardiff

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTT Cardiff

by LUX » 06 May 2018 21:29

Blimey, you must have been in nappies Dick. My spreadsheet says I’m older than you ( same age and primary school as Barney btw) and my first game was in 1969.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 06 May 2018 21:32

RG7Fan
Barney Job done today. Let's give Clement the time to sort the squad out over the summer.

Am finding the love fest for Bolton very embarrassing :oops: Parky's record as a manager is woeful. Karacan is dreadfully injury prone.
And Alfie is 31, and far too old to even contemplate bringing back to RFC. Get over your Bolton dreamboat and look forward to what is happening at RFC.

Clement was brought into the club to stop the rot, and to avoid relegation. He succeeded.

It's been a tough season. Injuries were beyond belief. I couldn't care less about Jem or Parky or Alfie or Bolton. It is about US.

Re-group. Give Clement a few bob. Clear out a few players. And let's come back in August with a better mindset.

This ...

What is it about some fans who think that previous great players (especially from our own club - Parky, Murty, etc.) will make great managers? Stam was a great player and look how that worked out ...

Yeah, and Clement never even played pro footy, so we'll see.

(Hey, could this finally be confirmation that any of us could have a go? :P )

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 May 2018 21:32

blueroyals I hope somebody behind the scenes has got everything planned between now and August. Pre-season last year was a shambles for all to see; no friendlies, panicked transfers, pitch not ready, even the kit wasn't ready until the week before the season...

Very much this

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 06 May 2018 21:36

LUX Blimey, you must have been in nappies Dick. My spreadsheet says I’m older than you ( same age and primary school as Barney btw) and my first game was in 1969.

Oh Luxers, you're not a pervy, stalking spreadsheeter, too? You know Excel is bad for one's health.

I was running the Town End as a five year (actually, that's a lie, my old man used to lift me over the barrier of B block for the first couple of seasons) and then another sometime Nobber joined me in the Town End.

Yes, we were right behind the flightline of Tommy Youlden's thunderbolt free kick against Rochdale.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 06 May 2018 21:53

Just back
Terrible, nervy game, but probably a 0-0 that I wont forget in a hurry, for the right reasons.

Most of you probably watched on the telly so no need to talk about performances. ( although I thought Elphick played well)

Atmosphere very good, Cardiff pubs top notch as usual.

One of the better days out this season.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 06 May 2018 22:09

Royality creeps In Terrible, nervy game, but probably a 0-0 that I wont forget in a hurry, for the right reasons.

Considering some of the defending we've witnessed in the previous 91 championship games (plus cup games). I was relaxed. We defended with composure. Partnering JVB and Bacuna as a defensive midfield pairing has been long overdue. With Gunter playing as LB, I fully expected Bacuna to be playing wing back. Elphick despite his lack of match fitness. Provided that missing link of organisation/ giving players a rollicking we've so badly missed.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 06 May 2018 22:27

Lower West
Royality creeps In Terrible, nervy game, but probably a 0-0 that I wont forget in a hurry, for the right reasons.

Considering some of the defending we've witnessed in the previous 91 championship games (plus cup games). I was relaxed. We defended with composure. Partnering JVB and Bacuna as a defensive midfield pairing has been long overdue. With Gunter playing as LB, I fully expected Bacuna to be playing wing back. Elphick despite his lack of match fitness. Provided that missing link of organisation/ giving players a rollicking we've so badly missed.

Have a feeling Clement likes Joey. Horses for courses, and doubt he's an every game starter twice a week. But he did a job today. As things stand, we need D-mids. Not sure he will be back next season, but if he is, I wouldn't be totally shocked.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 06 May 2018 22:31

blueroyals I hope somebody behind the scenes has got everything planned between now and August. Pre-season last year was a shambles for all to see; no friendlies, panicked transfers, pitch not ready, even the kit wasn't ready until the week before the season...

Agree with that. We finished 3rd and we appeared to have less resources than other clubs when that really isn't the case. They have a couple of weeks longer this time round so let's hope pull their fingers out sooner

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 May 2018 23:32

Zip Parky has got a perfectly decent track record as a manager.

Yeah, baffled by the criticism of his managerial record.

42% win rate with Colchester, including a promotion from League One
Foolish and brief move to Hull when he should have stuck with Colchester
39% win rate at Charlton - relegated from the Championship but made the League One Play Offs the next season - that's pretty decent
37% win rate at Bradford - kept them in the League, won the League Two Play Offs, held them steady in League One and then made the League One Play Offs
38% win rate with Bolton, runners up in League One, kept them in the Championship against expectations despite having no money

He's got experience in the tough lower leagues, has a good record fighting relegation and getting into the Play Offs, which he's won once. The kind of career a young manager ought to have. And he's starting to show he can cut it in the Championship too. Really could be a decent candidate for our next manager after Clement, but hopefully not for another couple of years.

Oh and on the game against Cardiff, pleased we showed some fight again after the terrible capitulation against Ipswich. Still looked a poor side. Season done, looking to the future now.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 May 2018 00:33

leon and jnr leon II watched this and we (the team) weren’t threatened at all really.

I thought the defence held out well. Cardiff were a bit shit. Banging up long balls. Very one dimensional. Very Warnock tbh they’ll struggle next season.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 07 May 2018 03:45

genome Couldn't help but lol when both teams stopped playing at the end, and it just looked like the football we played under Stam

Utter bollox

Nothing will ever be as bad as that again.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 May 2018 07:38

leon leon and jnr leon II watched this and we (the team) weren’t threatened at all really.

I thought the defence held out well. Cardiff were a bit shit. Banging up long balls. Very one dimensional. Very Warnock tbh they’ll struggle next season.

Totally agree. Cardiff have got by with just a real grit and team togetherness. Other than a few flashes Reading dished up a decent defensive performance. Really hope Clement can now make his mark on the team, prove himself and not just be known as a modern day Martin Allen.

Fulham are fuming. Apparently they performed yesterday like engineering themselves ready for the play offs. They genuinely thought we were getting nothing from our game. It’s going to sting them a bit.

Dai Brainbocs
Hob Nob Regular

by Dai Brainbocs » 07 May 2018 08:54

Watched on TV only, but truly dreadful game. Cardiff must be the least well-equipped to stay up of any team promoted in a very long time. They need a whole new squad, unless Vincent Tan's plan is to trouser one season's TV money plus two lots of parachute payments and clear off.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 07 May 2018 09:07

That was brilliant. Not the game or necessarily our intent to win the game (although tactically we were spot on) but just the occasion. Both sides looked very nervy, we were as strong in defence away from home as I have seen in a very long time. It isn't often that both sets of fans leave a stadium happy.

Pleased to see Cardiff get promotion, I don't like Fulham in the slightest and hope they get done in the playoffs.

Now the season is over, we have a bit of rebuilding to do. Lets get pre-season arranged early, bring in a few midfielders, a couple of forwards, a full back and a centre back and hopefully have a better season. That was too close for comfort and some serious questions need to be asked in why we were a game away from the drop. If we had not beaten Barnsley at home, or had QPR scored that penalty and Barnsley held on vs Bristol City then we would have gone down.

The squad will at least have a decent break to reflect on what's been an abysmal season.
Last edited by Royal_jimmy on 07 May 2018 09:09, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 May 2018 09:08

paultheroyal
leon leon and jnr leon II watched this and we (the team) weren’t threatened at all really.

Totally agree. Cardiff have got by with just a real grit and team togetherness. Other than a few flashes Reading dished up a decent defensive performance. Really hope Clement can now make his mark on the team, prove himself and not just be known as a modern day Martin Allen.

Fulham are fuming. Apparently they performed yesterday like engineering themselves ready for the play offs. They genuinely thought we were getting nothing from our game. It’s going to sting them a bit.

That's the dumbest plan I think they could have gone for. I know everyone thought we would lose but counting on other results like that when automatic promotion is up for grabs?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 May 2018 09:17

Royal_jimmy If we had not beaten Barnsley at home, or had QPR scored that penalty and Barnsley held on vs Bristol City then we would have gone down.

:shock: And if my auntie had bollocks...........

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 May 2018 09:27

Why is junior Leon II not posting on here?
Last edited by Zip on 07 May 2018 10:25, edited 1 time in total.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 May 2018 09:41

paultheroyal
Well done Clement and thank you Mannone for "that" penalty save.

Given the results since, that penalty save wasn't needed - though arguably, without we may not have got the win against Preston either.

Big off season for us, and a very short one. Season starts in less than 3 months , 4th August and this year the transfer window (for permanent incoming transfers) closes on the 9th August - this could be key. We can still ship out players abroad but no English transfers from then.

With a world cup going on until the 15th July - going to be a short/busy period of transfer dealing.

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 07 May 2018 09:58

Stranded
paultheroyal
Well done Clement and thank you Mannone for "that" penalty save.

Given the results since, that penalty save wasn't needed - though arguably, without we may not have got the win against Preston either.

Big off season for us, and a very short one. Season starts in less than 3 months , 4th August and this year the transfer window (for permanent incoming transfers) closes on the 9th August - this could be key. We can still ship out players abroad but no English transfers from then.

With a world cup going on until the 15th July - going to be a short/busy period of transfer dealing.

I agree

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 07 May 2018 12:57

That was the best result for me, we didn’t lose and Fulham didn’t go up. Well done Cardiff on promotion, was envious walking to the game of the atmosphere and feeling around the fans. The first pitch invasion was cringe but the second time it was nice to see there was a mutual respect for many as they applauded us and vice versa with only a few being bellends.

As for the game, totally boring. I don’t think it helped that I was never in any doubt that we would be safe. Thank fcuk it’s over and thank fcuk this season is over. Huge work needs to be done in the summer.