Strikers.

User avatar
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6573
Joined: 09 Nov 2016 00:25

Re: Strikers.

by BR0B0T » 04 Jun 2018 11:30

He went to my old school as well!

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3180
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Strikers.

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Jun 2018 12:25

Hound wrote:I'd be ok with Baldock coming in tbh. Experienced striker, always been pretty good when I've seen him

Agreed. Can't see us getting better without gambling on someone unproven.

User avatar
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2486
Joined: 21 Jan 2010 00:47
Location: Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio

Re: Strikers.

by John Smith » 04 Jun 2018 12:38

Snowflake Royal wrote:
Hound wrote:I'd be ok with Baldock coming in tbh. Experienced striker, always been pretty good when I've seen him

Agreed. Can't see us getting better without gambling on someone unproven.

It really does say something about our predicament when fans are not just satisfied, but nigh-on excited with the prospect of signing SAM BALDOCK!

Wake up you lot.

Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5933
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: Strikers.

by Hound » 04 Jun 2018 12:43

'Be Ok with' does not equal 'excited' JS

User avatar
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 10808
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 12:42
Location: Propping up the bar in the Nags

Re: Strikers.

by Stranded » 04 Jun 2018 13:18

John Smith wrote:
Snowflake Royal wrote:
Hound wrote:I'd be ok with Baldock coming in tbh. Experienced striker, always been pretty good when I've seen him

Agreed. Can't see us getting better without gambling on someone unproven.

It really does say something about our predicament when fans are not just satisfied, but nigh-on excited with the prospect of signing SAM BALDOCK!

Wake up you lot.


What is wrong with Baldock? Not an earth-shatteringly exciting move but has a very decent record at this level.

We've had plenty of "exciting" transfers of late that have ended up being shit, so maybe this is just the signing we need at the moment.


holsgrove breaks a leg
Member
Posts: 637
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 18:43

Re: Strikers.

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 04 Jun 2018 13:25

Would certainly fit in with our injury list X11

Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5933
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: Strikers.

by Hound » 04 Jun 2018 14:45

Brighton fans seem to think quite a lot of him

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6878
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Strikers.

by Sutekh » 04 Jun 2018 17:38

Most people think the primary job of a striker is to score goals and while SB has been prolific for Bristol City in Division 3/League One he has not been quite so successful at Division 2/Championship level and therefore a distinct lack of whelm is being generated by those who haven't seen him play regularly.

Seems to be thought of well at Brighton during their promotion season so that's some thing to be reasonably upbeat about ?

Definitely beats another French/Dutch unknown surely

User avatar
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5666
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: Strikers.

by CountryRoyal » 04 Jun 2018 23:50

Sutekh wrote:Most people think the primary job of a striker is to score goals


Because it is.


Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6021
Joined: 12 Apr 2005 19:22
Location: South Coast

Re: Strikers.

by Victor Meldrew » 05 Jun 2018 15:38

I know he wasn't a roaring success when here on loan (neither was the subsequently great Glenn Little when on loan) but I wonder if Lewis Grabban is worth another punt.
He has scored goals regularly at this level, last season for both Sunderland and Villa and earlier for Bournemouth, and I think would be a step-up on Bod and Yann.
I believe he is still registered as a Bournemouth player but is not wanted nor needed there so, unless I have missed something over these past couple of weeks and he has already moved on to 'Boro or somewhere,he could be the answer.

Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5933
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: Strikers.

by Hound » 05 Jun 2018 15:41

Yeah would be an ok shout but I suspect one of the bigger teams will snap him up

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6878
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Strikers.

by Sutekh » 05 Jun 2018 17:02

Grabban would be good. Actually might have a manager now that would play him as a striker rather than sticking him in midfield and making him look pony.

User avatar
Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1598
Joined: 07 Jan 2012 17:23
Location: Ascot

Re: Strikers.

by Ascotexgunner » 05 Jun 2018 20:17

Hound wrote:Brighton fans seem to think quite a lot of him


Fulham fans thought a lot of Aluko. It's a trap I tell ya!


Zip
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1140
Joined: 30 Dec 2017 17:39

Re: Strikers.

by Zip » 05 Jun 2018 20:27

Baldock’s scoring record at Championship level is bang average. He isn’t any better than what we already have. I would have hoped for better because if this is our only signing up front I can see us struggling for goals again next season.

Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5933
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: Strikers.

by Hound » 06 Jun 2018 12:02

reckon we'll be asking West Ham about a loan for Jordan Hugill. Sounded like he was keen to come here last year and he isn't going to play at WHU

Zip
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1140
Joined: 30 Dec 2017 17:39

Re: Strikers.

by Zip » 06 Jun 2018 18:11

Hound wrote:reckon we'll be asking West Ham about a loan for Jordan Hugill. Sounded like he was keen to come here last year and he isn't going to play at WHU


Yep would be a good move for us,

Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5933
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: Strikers.

by Hound » 07 Jun 2018 08:45

I think he'd be perfect personally. Big thug up front, proven in the division. Put him in, get rid of some dross and I'd be happy to start the season

User avatar
Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 19643
Joined: 06 Jul 2015 00:19
Location: JAPAN! fcuk you all.

Re: Strikers.

by Maneki Neko » 07 Jun 2018 09:01

Zip wrote:Baldock’s scoring record at Championship level is bang average. He isn’t any better than what we already have. I would have hoped for better because if this is our only signing up front I can see us struggling for goals again next season.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

id take bang average all day long at the minute tbf
that is a massive upgrade

Zip
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1140
Joined: 30 Dec 2017 17:39

Re: Strikers.

by Zip » 07 Jun 2018 19:41

Maneki Neko wrote:
Zip wrote:Baldock’s scoring record at Championship level is bang average. He isn’t any better than what we already have. I would have hoped for better because if this is our only signing up front I can see us struggling for goals again next season.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

id take bang average all day long at the minute tbf
that is a massive upgrade


Did I ever mention never ever go on holiday in Croatia. It’s a hole. Dubrovnik is a dump and Split is shit. 8)

User avatar
Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4924
Joined: 16 Jul 2011 19:11

Re: Strikers.

by Simon's Church » 08 Jun 2018 09:39

In Baldocks best ever championship season he scored 11 in 31 games for a team who finished second and scored 74 goals.
Last season bodvarsson scored 7 in 27 for a team who stayed up on the last day and scored 48 in total.

Not sure he's a massive upgrade :roll:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CountryRoyal, Google Adsense [Bot], Hound and 58 guests

It is currently 21 Jul 2018 07:04