Injury & Suspension Watch : 2018/2019

521 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Injury & Suspension Watch : 2018/2019

by NewCorkSeth » 25 Nov 2018 10:38

Anyone fancy doing a summary of injuries?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Nov 2018 10:32

Obita is out until the new year - the way it's going I think this is going to end up being more or less the whole season out which'll be ad ggod as 2 years out.

Bodvarsson is probably going to be out until more or less xmas

Eza has started running again but it's still not clear how much longer he will be unavailable.

Bladock, it is said, will be out for 3 games so, presumably, might make Sheffield United but should definitely be back at Rotherham. No clue what his injury is.

Dave Edwards is expected back training this week.

As far as I am aware everyone else is fit or has just rejoined training (and starting to get run outs with the U23s), although Mr Barrow is ill (should be back for Stoke) and Mr Meite is playing with a slight ankle problem.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Nov 2018 16:05

I hope Obita doesn't do a Karacan on us and leave after his lengthy injury spell.

Thanks for the compiled update.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 26 Nov 2018 18:24

NewCorkSeth I hope Obita doesn't do a Karacan on us and leave after his lengthy injury spell.

Thanks for the compiled update.

Karacan left because the club left him hanging for ages about renewing his contract. Galatasaray would never have signed him if they'd had to pay for him, if the club had sorted him out earlier in the season, he'd have signed and stayed. There's a tilehurstend podcast interview with him knocking about somewhere, which is well worth a listen.

Hope Obita gets a decent chance to show what he can do second half of this season.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Nov 2018 09:27

Sutekh Obita is out until the new year - the way it's going I think this is going to end up being more or less the whole season out which'll be ad ggod as 2 years out.

Bodvarsson is probably going to be out until more or less xmas

Eza has started running again but it's still not clear how much longer he will be unavailable.

Bladock, it is said, will be out for 3 games so, presumably, might make Sheffield United but should definitely be back at Rotherham. No clue what his injury is.

Dave Edwards is expected back training this week.

As far as I am aware everyone else is fit or has just rejoined training (and starting to get run outs with the U23s), although Mr Barrow is ill (should be back for Stoke) and Mr Meite is playing with a slight ankle problem.

Forgot to include Paul McShane who has aggravated his ankle problem. No clue as to when he might be back.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Nov 2018 13:41

So it's not all bad news then.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Dec 2018 16:49

Yiadom, Bacuna booked

Moore injured according to BBC Berks

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Dec 2018 18:44

Moore has a calf injury picked up in the first half at Leeds

Kelly is Ill

O’Shea has a hamstring problem suffered at some point in the Leeds warm ups

Don’t think any are expected to mean more than a week or two out but then with Reading’s record who knows

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Dec 2018 22:00

Think was suggested both Bod and Eza are a couple of weeks away still. So maybe Rovrum or if not maybe Boro

Would be nice to have the extra options for the Xmas period

Baldock and Meite presumably should be about 100% for next week

Obita definitely won’t be back this calendar year

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Dec 2018 19:20

Loader booked

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Dec 2018 18:12

Not strictly injury or suspension watch, but we may not see Ezatolahi until February now, he's been included in Iran's provisional squad for the Asian Cup, which takes place from January until February

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Dec 2018 19:05

URZZZZ Not strictly injury or suspension watch, but we may not see Ezatolahi until February now, he's been included in Iran's provisional squad for the Asian Cup, which takes place from January until February

This isn’t helpful. He will doubtless get injured whilst on international duty.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Dec 2018 10:41

Oh um. :evil:

Reading could be without Iranian midfielder Saeid Ezatolahi for a further month due to the Asian Cup.
The 22-year-old, who is on a season-long loan switch to Royals from Russian club FC Rostov, has been named in a provisional 35-man squad for the competition.
National team boss Carlos Queiroz will cut that list down to 23 players on Saturday, December 15, ahead of a training camp in Doha, Qatar.
Ezatolahi, who is one of nine midfielders on the provisional list, is currently sidelined for club and country due to a quad injury he picked up while on international duty back in October.
He has played just four times for Reading since joining at the end of August, but caught the eye with some impressive performances in the midfield.
The Iranian is set to be back at full fitness at the end of this month but his involvement in the Asian Cup could prolong his return to Royals.

The competition, which is being held in the United Arab Emirates, takes place between Saturday, January 5 and Friday, February 1.
Reading have four games in that time, along with two either side and a possible FA Cup replay as well.
It means Ezatolahi could miss up to seven games for his club, depending on how far Iran progress in the competition.
Quieroz's Iran are among the favourites to win the Asian Cup.
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 13 Dec 2018 11:26, edited 1 time in total.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Dec 2018 11:06

windermereROYAL Oh um. :evil:

Reading couls be without Iranian midfielder Saeid Ezatolahi for a further month due to the Asian Cup.
The 22-year-old, who is on a season-long loan switch to Royals from Russian club FC Rostov, has been named in a provisional 35-man squad for the competition.
National team boss Carlos Queiroz will cut that list down to 23 players on Saturday, December 15, ahead of a training camp in Doha, Qatar.
Ezatolahi, who is one of nine midfielders on the provisional list, is currently sidelined for club and country due to a quad injury he picked up while on international duty back in October.
He has played just four times for Reading since joining at the end of August, but caught the eye with some impressive performances in the midfield.
The Iranian is set to be back at full fitness at the end of this month but his involvement in the Asian Cup could prolong his return to Royals.

The competition, which is being held in the United Arab Emirates, takes place between Saturday, January 5 and Friday, February 1.
Reading have four games in that time, along with two either side and a possible FA Cup replay as well.
It means Ezatolahi could miss up to seven games for his club, depending on how far Iran progress in the competition.
Quieroz's Iran are among the favourites to win the Asian Cup.

but hold on, I thought he was our saviour?

jar95

by jar95 » 13 Dec 2018 11:51

Callum Harriott confirming hes injury free and fit this morning on Twitter. Would be surprised if he we see him play in the first team again. Also met Obita a few weeks ago and asked when he's expected back. His reply 'I'm working really hard and trying to get fit' didnt seem to positive that it would be any time soon

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Dec 2018 14:30

jar95 Callum Harriott confirming hes injury free and fit this morning on Twitter. Would be surprised if he we see him play in the first team again. Also met Obita a few weeks ago and asked when he's expected back. His reply 'I'm working really hard and trying to get fit' didnt seem to positive that it would be any time soon

Hope we do see Harriott again. Looked to be a good player but obviously still learning. Certainly got to be a better option on the left than a predominately right winger or another midfielder like Swift.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Dec 2018 14:36

Sutekh
jar95 Callum Harriott confirming hes injury free and fit this morning on Twitter. Would be surprised if he we see him play in the first team again. Also met Obita a few weeks ago and asked when he's expected back. His reply 'I'm working really hard and trying to get fit' didnt seem to positive that it would be any time soon

Hope we do see Harriott again. Looked to be a good player but obviously still learning. Certainly got to be a better option on the left than a predominately right winger or another midfielder like Swift.

I would also like to see him back, looked good in the times I saw him play.

Has been out for so long, which isn't his fault so deserves another shot. I don't agree with people saying he is a waster, its unfortunate he has gotten a few bad injuries while on duty with us.

jar95

by jar95 » 13 Dec 2018 16:19

Hendo
Sutekh

I would also like to see him back, looked good in the times I saw him play.

Has been out for so long, which isn't his fault so deserves another shot. I don't agree with people saying he is a waster, its unfortunate he has gotten a few bad injuries while on duty with us.

This wasnt me saying I dont want either of them back, just dont think we will see CH and getting more suspicious about JO injury.. Would love to have them both back

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 13 Dec 2018 16:34

Back end of last season I was at the training ground and Harriott was working in his own doing endless fitness drills. When he finished he came over and said hello. He came across as a really nice guy. He was really frustrated at being out for so long and spoke well abouthow much it meant to him just to get back on the pitch again.
I think he could be a real surprise package if he is back to 100% fitness, he feels he’s been robbed of a crucial chunk of his career.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 13 Dec 2018 16:40

Nameless Back end of last season I was at the training ground and Harriott was working in his own doing endless fitness drills. When he finished he came over and said hello. He came across as a really nice guy. He was really frustrated at being out for so long and spoke well abouthow much it meant to him just to get back on the pitch again.
I think he could be a real surprise package if he is back to 100% fitness, he feels he’s been robbed of a crucial chunk of his career.

I feel sorry for him, but I'd also like to see him shipped out to AFC Wimbledon asap

521 posts