Injury & Suspension Watch : 2018/2019

521 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Injury & Suspension Watch : 2018/2019

by CountryRoyal » 14 Dec 2018 19:09

Injuries aside I’ve never understood the hate towards him. He always looked exciting and promising in the little he played. Definitely deserves another shot. Who remembers that amazing run and shot which hit the crossbar (which I think he got his initial injury from :lol: )

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Dec 2018 20:41

CountryRoyal Injuries aside I’ve never understood the hate towards him. He always looked exciting and promising in the little he played. Definitely deserves another shot. Who remembers that amazing run and shot which hit the crossbar (which I think he got his initial injury from :lol: )

+1, could certainly add something to the team. Don’t remember that, but I do remember his goal v Norwich on Boxing Day though which was top draw.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Dec 2018 11:56

Harriott's a perfectly useful player, but shouldn't be ahead of McCleary or Barrow and it's not clear to me that he's a better option than Baldock, Loader, or Sims. No strong feeling either way - we wouldn't miss him if he went, but he could probably also do a good job if we threw him in.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 Dec 2018 12:38

John Smith
Nameless Back end of last season I was at the training ground and Harriott was working in his own doing endless fitness drills. When he finished he came over and said hello. He came across as a really nice guy. He was really frustrated at being out for so long and spoke well abouthow much it meant to him just to get back on the pitch again.
I think he could be a real surprise package if he is back to 100% fitness, he feels he’s been robbed of a crucial chunk of his career.

I feel sorry for him, but I'd also like to see him shipped out to AFC Wimbledon asap

Would enable us to play with wing backs. One of the few left footed players in the squad.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Dec 2018 13:07

SCIAG Harriott's a perfectly useful player, but shouldn't be ahead of McCleary or Barrow and it's not clear to me that he's a better option than Baldock, Loader, or Sims. No strong feeling either way - we wouldn't miss him if he went, but he could probably also do a good job if we threw him in.

If he's not better than Sims, then he's certainly not a perfectly useful player! Sims is ahead of Martin and Mutch now in terms of worst loan signing we've made in a while, whilst he hasn't played much, he hasn't done anything when given a chance, even against Hull I thought he was the only player of the 11 who looked out of it. Would be very surprised to see Sims in the 11 today and probably even the 18, blew his chance massively last week and will probably go in January

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Dec 2018 13:16

URZZZZ
SCIAG Harriott's a perfectly useful player, but shouldn't be ahead of McCleary or Barrow and it's not clear to me that he's a better option than Baldock, Loader, or Sims. No strong feeling either way - we wouldn't miss him if he went, but he could probably also do a good job if we threw him in.

If he's not better than Sims, then he's certainly not a perfectly useful player! Sims is ahead of Martin and Mutch now in terms of worst loan signing we've made in a while, whilst he hasn't played much, he hasn't done anything when given a chance, even against Hull I thought he was the only player of the 11 who looked out of it. Would be very surprised to see Sims in the 11 today and probably even the 18, blew his chance massively last week and will probably go in January

Very harsh on Sims. For starters he has won us two penalties. I also thought he did OK last week - showed skill and plenty of energy. Worked really hard to close players down, fought hard to win the ball back if he lost it and tracked back to help out in defence. He certainly worked harder than some of the others and IMO McCleary should've been taken off before him. Yes, the final ball/shot was often lacking but perhaps not surprising, given how little game time he has had. Yet another signing from Clement who then was then left out in the cold!

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 15 Dec 2018 14:38

URZZZZ

Sims starting again today :D

Ilori now injured. All 4 regular centre backs now injured. Good opportunity for McIntyre though. Hope he does well

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Dec 2018 14:48

Lower West Would enable us to play with wing backs. One of the few left footed players in the squad.

Harriott's good at doing his share of defensive work and I thought he'd make a useful wing-back, but he didn't seem up to it when we tried him in the role. Yiadom, Gunter, Richards, and Obita (if he ever comes back) all have experience on the wing or at wing-back and Blackett is good going forward, so I'd rather stick with them.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Dec 2018 15:40

RoyalBlue
URZZZZ

Very harsh on Sims. For starters he has won us two penalties. I also thought he did OK last week - showed skill and plenty of energy. Worked really hard to close players down, fought hard to win the ball back if he lost it and tracked back to help out in defence. He certainly worked harder than some of the others and IMO McCleary should've been taken off before him. Yes, the final ball/shot was often lacking but perhaps not surprising, given how little game time he has had. Yet another signing from Clement who then was then left out in the cold!

And add an assist to the stats.

Not impressed if the yellow today was for a real dive though.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Dec 2018 15:47

URZZZZ

Oops.

You can't compare a young player trying to break through to two past it mercenaries.

Why does everyone have to be a saviour or shit?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Dec 2018 17:49

Ilori has a muscle injury, not thought to be serious (so probably only 6 months then).

Meite is very close to a return.

Sims booked at Rotherham.

yuomi

by yuomi » 17 Dec 2018 12:23

McIntyre is apparently a doubt for Boro. Not training due to concussion.

It. Never. Ends.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Dec 2018 13:01

I`m a bit puzzled about Moore`s injury, the timing seems to be convenient coming up to the transfer window. wondering if we are going to offload him to Brighton.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 17 Dec 2018 13:05

Same for Ilori perhaps? Maybe there's some interest in him as well.

I assume Andresson will be available from 1 January as well?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Dec 2018 14:37

3points
I assume Andresson will be injured from 1 January as well?

Corrected for you.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Dec 2018 17:36

yuomi McIntyre is apparently a doubt for Boro. Not training due to concussion.

It. Never. Ends.

Tbf, if there is the slightest hint of concussion, he should be nowhere near a football pitch.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Dec 2018 17:44

3points Same for Ilori perhaps? Maybe there's some interest in him as well.

There's no way a team in the middle of a relegation battle drops far and away their best defender the best part of a month before a transfer window opens to ensure fitness for a sale. There's even less chance the same team does that for both their normal first choice centre backs.

One of the craziest conspiracy theories I've seen.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 17 Dec 2018 21:08

Snowflake Royal
3points Same for Ilori perhaps? Maybe there's some interest in him as well.

There's no way a team in the middle of a relegation battle drops far and away their best defender the best part of a month before a transfer window opens to ensure fitness for a sale. There's even less chance the same team does that for both their normal first choice centre backs.

One of the craziest conspiracy theories I've seen.

No my initial hypothesis. Just carrying it on and extrap9lating to Ilori as well as Moore

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Dec 2018 21:11

yuomi McIntyre is apparently a doubt for Boro. Not training due to concussion.

It. Never. Ends.

So just the five centre half’s out injured then. This is beyond belief.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Dec 2018 18:10

Rinomhota and Blackett booked after that.

Gunter has a minor Nigel and should be in contention for Millwall

Meite back running and should be in contention for Millwall or QPR
Last edited by Sutekh on 22 Dec 2018 18:14, edited 1 time in total.

521 posts