CONFIRMED: Novakovich to stay on loan nxt season, this time at Fotuna Sittard

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: CONFIRMED: Novakovich to stay on loan nxt season, this time at Fotuna Sittard

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jun 2018 20:23

CountryRoyal Wish everyone would stop spunking themselves over Nova without really seeing him. Most of his goals were tap ins and penalties in a horrifically mediocre league.

After seeing lots of mediocre signings be a shit waste of money,and given our dearth of options and poor recent history in signing strikers it'd be nice to see one of our own at least get the chance to succeed.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: CONFIRMED: Novakovich to stay on loan nxt season, this time at Fotuna Sittard

by Zip » 20 Jun 2018 20:31

CountryRoyal Wish everyone would stop spunking themselves over Nova without really seeing him. Most of his goals were tap ins and penalties in a horrifically mediocre league.

No one is spunking themselves over Novakovich but some of us want to see him given a chance.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jun 2018 21:09

They really weren’t

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Jun 2018 21:54

Oooof a lot of bites on that one.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 20 Jun 2018 22:15

Four penalties out of 22, the rest decent efforts or poachers goals. I don't see anyone on here slagging off Harry Kane's two goals against Tunisia :|

https://youtu.be/SA23E-IC0zc

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Jun 2018 22:20

YEEESSS!!!!!

WE ARE GOING UP WE ARE GOING UP!!!!!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jun 2018 22:22

CountryRoyal Oooof a lot of bites on that one.

Nice way out of a rubbish comment :wink:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Jun 2018 15:04

Hound
CountryRoyal Oooof a lot of bites on that one.

Nice way out of a rubbish comment :wink:

:oops: :lol:

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 26 Jun 2018 09:36

I think Clement knows what he’s doing here. Obviously unsure on how good he is, if he has a good season in eredivsie we can recall him or sell him on for profit. If he has two bad seasons then he’s made the right call. If he’s rubbish both seasons then he’s probably not good enough

I understand the frustrations of him not having a pre season but I’m inclined to believe that a professional coach who’s coached the likes of Bale and Ronaldo in the past would know better than me

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 26 Jun 2018 23:33

Pleased with the extention. I’m thinking Nova may have wanted this loan, and that he may not have extended otherwise.

First off, not sure he’s quite as good (yet) as some think he is.

Also, Clement isn’t exactly known for playing youngsters. I suspect anyone thinking/hoping he will, are maybe destined for disappointment.

When he was appointed, about the last thing I expected was a sudden youth movement. We’ll see, but I think it could happen where players like Yann, O’Shea, McShane, etc, might play more than some expect (or want).

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 27 Jun 2018 01:28

The thing about Clement not being known for bringing through youth players, he's had two management jobs, it's not exactly a huge sample to go with. Are Derby and Swansea known for producing good youth players?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 27 Jun 2018 05:25

tidus_mi2 The thing about Clement not being known for bringing through youth players, he's had two management jobs, it's not exactly a huge sample to go with. Are Derby and Swansea known for producing good youth players?

That’s actually a really good point. Take those two clubs, one has an old expensive squad (with no standout youth players to note ?) the other a premier club club fighting to stay in the league.

Difficult to incorporate youth in those situations.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jun 2018 08:55

it is a fair point. And at Derby he was basically trying to get promo at all costs. Not like his replacement at Swansea or Derby suddenly came in and put in a load of kids who should have been playing before

Without checking, I'm guessing he still played the likes of Hughes at Derby, and didnt drop them for some old clogger

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 28 Jun 2018 01:41

CountryRoyal
tidus_mi2 The thing about Clement not being known for bringing through youth players, he's had two management jobs, it's not exactly a huge sample to go with. Are Derby and Swansea known for producing good youth players?

That’s actually a really good point. Take those two clubs, one has an old expensive squad (with no standout youth players to note ?) the other a premier club club fighting to stay in the league.

Difficult to incorporate youth in those situations.

I hear ya, valid points. None of that really disproves what I said though? He isn’t well known, thus far, for playing kids. Doesn't mean he can't/won't. But not his rep yet. Jury still out.

Mitigating circumstances, yes.Two teams is small sample size, but its all we have to go on. (Didn't stop us hiring him, and not surprising some projections may vary?). Does he have to manage ten teams before one can form an opinion? How does what previous managers did at a club handicap him? He could change a culture. He, or any manager, doesn't have to inherit FA Youth Cup winners. If the incumbent kids aren't good enough, that's part of why you were hired, to make them better? And, quickly. Not too many managers enjoy 5-10 year tenures these days. Clement hasn't.

Swansea/Derby aren’t the biggest/wealthiest clubs in the land. I don't have the numbers, but in answer to your question (assuming it wasn’t rhetorical), if their rate of bringing through kids over the years is somehow a lot less than everyone else, I’d be surprised. Why would it be? Who brings kids thru these days, Man Citeh?

Swansea were battling relegation from PL, and Derby were battling for promotion ‘at all costs’. Yeah, ok. Maybe he was hamstrung. Will he have those difficulties/excuses at Reading? (Cue the 'depends if we are in relegation trouble' :wink: )

Anyway, was more directed at some who say we are a family club, we should remember that, we need to get back to it, we'd be better for it, and we'd get 'the fans' back on side if we did. They leveled that at Stam, and I’m wondering if they may be disappointed under Clement, too.

If you project Clement differently with regard to youth, that’s fine. (Maybe I should have asked that?). And, you may be right. Mid-table mediocrity (which I'm hearing is the goal), assuming we achieve that, might help facilitate it. As I said, we shall see in due course...

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 03 Jul 2018 09:11

Denver Royal He isn’t well known, thus far, for playing kids. Doesn't mean he can't/won't.

He might not have a reputation for playing kids, but he doesn't have a reputation for not playing the kids either, so it really is a pointless conversation.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 06 Jun 2019 05:34

Left out of the US Gold cup squad.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 06 Jun 2019 16:55

Hound nope this is new. Not sure about this one - note he has extended his contract with us.

I'd rather have seen him given a chance here, but I suppose if he produces like he did last year at a level up, he is going to be hot property

ffs

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jun 2019 17:33

Maneki Neko
Hound nope this is new. Not sure about this one - note he has extended his contract with us.

I'd rather have seen him given a chance here, but I suppose if he produces like he did last year at a level up, he is going to be hot property

ffs

??

Digging up a quote from last year Brendy?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 07 Jun 2019 08:50

Muskrat

Four penalties out of 22, the rest decent efforts or poachers goals. I don't see anyone on here slagging off Harry Kane's two goals against Tunisia :|

Entertaining video, for one moment there I had to do a double take at the blue/white hooped team he was playing against.

Based on that video alone, If Danny Loader is ready for first team action then Andrija Novakovick has to be too.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Jun 2019 09:00

Forbury Lion
Muskrat

Entertaining video, for one moment there I had to do a double take at the blue/white hooped team he was playing against.

Based on that video alone, If Danny Loader is ready for first team action then Andrija Novakovick has to be too.

He’s several years older, played a fair few more games at a senior level, is a full international and if he isn’t ready now he never will be !