CONFIMRED - Marc McNulty

137 posts
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: CONFIMRED - Marc McNulty

by Royal Rother » 07 Jul 2018 14:22

The little I saw of him last season I thought he looked like a stronger physical specimen than Curo and Alf.

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 07 Jul 2018 18:12

low risk decent finisher but abit meh

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 08 Jul 2018 10:27

linkenholtroyal
Hound From a quick scan through the Cov site, seems he likes a big partner up front to play off

They seem pretty gutted which is obvs a good sign

Think we still need a Hugill type to come in on loan or perm, then would be pretty happy for the season to start

Noel hunt style player, someone to break up play and hold the ball up. Tbf it’s why Alfie and long did so well.

I think that Nhunt was very underrated. I remember him doing fairly well in the prem up top by himself. well, as well as could be expected lol

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 09 Jul 2018 15:45

Mike Hunt
linkenholtroyal
Hound From a quick scan through the Cov site, seems he likes a big partner up front to play off

They seem pretty gutted which is obvs a good sign

Think we still need a Hugill type to come in on loan or perm, then would be pretty happy for the season to start

Noel hunt style player, someone to break up play and hold the ball up. Tbf it’s why Alfie and long did so well.

I think that Nhunt was very underrated. I remember him doing fairly well in the prem up top by himself. well, as well as could be expected lol

You're probably a bit biased though being his brother. :lol:

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 09 Jul 2018 16:58

Tilehurstsouthbank
Mike Hunt
linkenholtroyal Noel hunt style player, someone to break up play and hold the ball up. Tbf it’s why Alfie and long did so well.

:D :D

It will be interesting to see how Clement will use his attacking options.
With McNulty being small (ish) will it be a return to the Nogan/Lovell type of partnership where there was no specific target man but plenty of mobility.?
I suspect that if we did get Baldock that would be the case.
I can't see McNulty as being a lone striker and at the moment we don't really have a big target man to play big man/little man up front-Bod isn't strong enough and Yann is just too old and slow.

Elmparkoid

by Elmparkoid » 09 Jul 2018 20:51

So, we've bought the apprentice, when do we get to see the Artisan?

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 10 Jul 2018 00:47

Elmparkoid So, we've bought the apprentice, when do we get to see the Artisan?

As soon as Prince Yann is off the wage bill it seems.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 10 Jul 2018 01:05

If we managed to get someone like Assombolonga to come here and play alongside McNulty I'd be quite excited. As it is, this guy has got his work cut out.

We know the club have got something planned; I just hope it's a proven championship goalscorer like Yann was.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jul 2018 07:09

Oxford have confirmed they are trying to get Smith in on loan and sounds like he will go somewhere

With Yann out the picture, we must have someone else lined up. A knackered Bod, Meite and McNulty is not a forward line to start the season with

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Jul 2018 08:12

Hound Oxford have confirmed they are trying to get Smith in on loan and sounds like he will go somewhere

With Yann out the picture, we must have someone else lined up. A knackered Bod, Meite and McNulty is not a forward line to start the season with

Stunned we aren't after a Hugill loan deal, shouldn't be dragging our feet over it. QPR heavily linked with him so if they are able to pull it off in their financial state then there is no reason we couldn't. I don't think the money is there for a big marquee striker on a perm so lets go down the loan route.

Hitchytwo

by Hitchytwo » 10 Jul 2018 08:20

Old Man Andrews
Hound Oxford have confirmed they are trying to get Smith in on loan and sounds like he will go somewhere

Stunned we aren't after a Hugill loan deal, shouldn't be dragging our feet over it. QPR heavily linked with him so if they are able to pull it off in their financial state then there is no reason we couldn't. I don't think the money is there for a big marquee striker on a perm so lets go down the loan route.

Completely Agree, I still have no clue why Hugill was even bought by West Ham in the first place. Panic buy maybe? Definitely what we are going to need to get mid-table at least this season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jul 2018 09:05

agreed on Hugill. Should be top of our shopping list. Loan with view to Perm. Be very surprised if we aren't after him

TheSpread

by TheSpread » 19 Jul 2018 10:42

Royal Rother The little I saw of him last season I thought he looked like a stronger physical specimen than Curo and Alf.

He certainly needs to shift a few pounds.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 19 Jul 2018 21:14

Classic Kes.

Edging ever closer into the territory which means sayonara.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Jul 2018 21:32

does anybody really care enough?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Jul 2018 11:30

Victor Meldrew
Tilehurstsouthbank
Mike Hunt

With McNulty being small (ish) will it be a return to the Nogan/Lovell type of partnership where there was no specific target man but plenty of mobility.?
I can't see McNulty as being a lone striker and at the moment we don't really have a big target man to play big man/little man up front-Bod isn't strong enough and Yann is just too old and slow.

well bearing in mind our wingers can't really cross the ball we might as well play it on the ground.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Jul 2018 13:55

leon
Victor Meldrew
Tilehurstsouthbank You're probably a bit biased though being his brother. :lol:

well bearing in mind our wingers can't really cross the ball we might as well play it on the ground.

Excellent point.

137 posts