CONFIMRED - George Evans to Derby

153 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: RUMOUR - George Evans to Sunderland

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jul 2018 12:00

Who Moved The Goalposts?
Hound Confimred on the official. Bye George.

Well that's a nailed-on scorer for Friday then.

He won't be playing for them on Friday.

Old Man Andrews

Re: RUMOUR - George Evans to Sunderland

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jul 2018 12:01

Glad he has finally been sold. Lightweight and a complete non-entity in games.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: CONFIMRED - George Evans to Derby

by NewCorkSeth » 31 Jul 2018 13:51

Derby fans on twitter seem strangely excited by this. Do they know who he is?
I like Evans but he was about as anonymous a footballer you can have.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jul 2018 13:56

think they are just over excited coz of Lampard being there, and a couple of decent loans in.

He'll have to improve immensely to be a decent Champ player. Thought Sunderland was much more his level

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 31 Jul 2018 13:58

Hound think they are just over excited coz of Lampard being there, and a couple of decent loans in.

He'll have to improve immensely to be a decent Champ player. Thought Sunderland was much more his level

Absolutely.

oxf*rd Lampard - he's completely unproven as a manager. Evans is proven as unable to handle the Championship.

Mid table at best

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 31 Jul 2018 16:00

Evans struggled last season (like most), and was hampered by injuries, but decent during playoff season. Has pedigree and reckon there's a player in there. Change of scenery can help. Lampard knows midfield obviously, and knows Evans from their days together at Citeh. Wouldn't be that surprised if he improves at Derby. Young player, still only 23, they get him for peanuts, not a bad punt. If he doesn't pan out, no big deal. If he doesn't come on as they'd like, can likely still sell on for similar. Not much downside to this for them.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Jul 2018 16:35

Never got a real opportunity due to injuries. Suffered also because of the ridiculous number of midfielders brought into the club unnecessarily.

Good luck to him, hope he does well. Most disappointing thing is the seemingly paltry fee.

Let’s hope he doesn’t play on Friday

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 31 Jul 2018 18:36

From the Derby website:

Evans explained what Lampard is expecting of him in a Rams shirt: "He wants me to bring energy" he said.

Oh dear. Oh very dear.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jul 2018 18:44

Muskrat From the Derby website:

Evans explained what Lampard is expecting of him in a Rams shirt: "He wants me to bring energy" he said.

Oh dear. Oh very dear.

That's a lot of money to pay to get him to carry the lucazade and energy bars.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 31 Jul 2018 19:30

This is the same club that has Joe Ledley and Tom Huddlestone right? And they've bought George Evans?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 31 Jul 2018 19:35

Snowflake Royal

Oh dear. Oh very dear.

That's a lot of money to pay to get him to carry the lucazade and energy bars.

For me that has Andy Hughes written all over it ...

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 31 Jul 2018 19:53

I think he'll do well there, decent
range of passing and with a bit of movement ahead of ahead of him he should have a good season.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 31 Jul 2018 19:53

I think he'll do well there, decent
range of passing and with a bit of movement ahead of ahead of him he should have a good season.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 31 Jul 2018 19:56

Say it three times in a row and it might come true :D

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 31 Jul 2018 21:11

Derby have beaten both Wolves and Southampton in pre season. Apparently playing high tempo pressing game. Hence Huddlestone hasn’t played much

We’ll need to by pass their high press by playing long balls on Friday to our new 5’7” striker

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 31 Jul 2018 21:40

Denver Royal Evans struggled last season (like most), and was hampered by injuries, but decent during playoff season. Has pedigree and reckon there's a player in there. Change of scenery can help. Lampard knows midfield obviously, and knows Evans from their days together at Citeh. Wouldn't be that surprised if he improves at Derby. Young player, still only 23, they get him for peanuts, not a bad punt. If he doesn't pan out, no big deal. If he doesn't come on as they'd like, can likely still sell on for similar. Not much downside to this for them.

Fully agree. His critics on here appear to have poor and/or selective memories.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 31 Jul 2018 23:39

RoyalBlue
Denver Royal Evans struggled last season (like most), and was hampered by injuries, but decent during playoff season. Has pedigree and reckon there's a player in there. Change of scenery can help. Lampard knows midfield obviously, and knows Evans from their days together at Citeh. Wouldn't be that surprised if he improves at Derby. Young player, still only 23, they get him for peanuts, not a bad punt. If he doesn't pan out, no big deal. If he doesn't come on as they'd like, can likely still sell on for similar. Not much downside to this for them.

Fully agree. His critics on here appear to have poor and/or selective memories.

Also agree. Think he still has loads of potential but his confidence went, perhaps not surprisingly in last seasons team. Sorry to see him go

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 01 Aug 2018 05:40

As I work in Manchester I know a fair number of City fans and they were disappointed that they had sold him when we bought him as some thought he could develop in to a home grown captain in time and had real promise.

I then naively thought that he would be a Harper or Sidwell type player who we would be building our team around for the next five or six years, but he never developed in to that type of commanding midfielder for whatever reason and injuries and no consistent run in the team probably didn't help. As others have said, there probably is a top player in there somewhere but we haven't really seen the evidence and I am a bit meh about him going.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 01 Aug 2018 13:15

Mr Optimist As I work in Manchester I know a fair number of City fans and they were disappointed that they had sold him when we bought him as some thought he could develop in to a home grown captain in time and had real promise.

I then naively thought that he would be a Harper or Sidwell type player who we would be building our team around for the next five or six years, but he never developed in to that type of commanding midfielder for whatever reason and injuries and no consistent run in the team probably didn't help. As others have said, there probably is a top player in there somewhere but we haven't really seen the evidence and I am a bit meh about him going.

Maybe because he wasn't given a chance by STAM. Remember the Blackburn Game where he played well and scored and Stam dropped
him for the next game. At the end of the day you have to question how a player like that cant get in the Reading Side regularly but is good enough for DERBY!!!!!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 01 Aug 2018 13:42

Oh dear. Oh very dear.
Maybe he was expecting him to bring a few thousand bottles of Caraboa with him as part of the deal?

153 posts