Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Sam Baldock

by Denver Royal » 30 Jul 2018 04:12

windermereROYAL
Denver Royal
Zip
Yep would be happy with Madine and Maddison but it ain’t happening.

Yeah, as I say, it wouldn’t have to be Madine, but someone like that. Just feel as a team, at this time, esp up front, we need to get bigger and more physical, given the div we’re in/who we play against.

Tbf, I don’t hear too many others banging on about that in here, so it may just be me. And so for that reason (and for others), it explains why I’m sitting here, while others are pulling down a hefty wedge at the club to call the shots. And so, welcome to our front line, 5’7 Sam Baldock:)

I`ll raise you Billy Sharpe Adam Le fonder and a Matej Vydra.

Yep, absolutely, Windy. I hear ya. Here's hoping he's all of that, and a whole lot more. I don't dislike the bloke, I really don't. Just wondering about the fit, for us, at this time. That's all :wink:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Jul 2018 10:00

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Jul 2018 10:06

genome Just the 26-pager over on NSC

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthrea ... to-Reading

This blew my mind:

"I'll be sad to see Baldock go to Reading. He could do so much better than them. It's a shame for his sake that a team like, say, Bristol City aren't in for him."

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 30 Jul 2018 10:20

genome

This blew my mind:

"I'll be sad to see Baldock go to Reading. He could do so much better than them. It's a shame for his sake that a team like, say, Bristol City aren't in for him."

Well objectively speaking we're not exactly a great prospect at the moment all biases aside ...

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Jul 2018 10:31

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Jul 2018 10:35

Royalwaster
genome

This blew my mind:

Well objectively speaking we're not exactly a great prospect at the moment all biases aside ...

Quite, but of all the teams in Championship that are a better prospect than us, he chose Bristol City? :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jul 2018 10:56

Denver Royal
windermereROYAL
Denver Royal
Yeah, as I say, it wouldn’t have to be Madine, but someone like that. Just feel as a team, at this time, esp up front, we need to get bigger and more physical, given the div we’re in/who we play against.

Tbf, I don’t hear too many others banging on about that in here, so it may just be me. And so for that reason (and for others), it explains why I’m sitting here, while others are pulling down a hefty wedge at the club to call the shots. And so, welcome to our front line, 5’7 Sam Baldock:)

I`ll raise you Billy Sharpe Adam Le fonder and a Matej Vydra.

Yep, absolutely, Windy. I hear ya. Here's hoping he's all of that, and a whole lot more. I don't dislike the bloke, I really don't. Just wondering about the fit, for us, at this time. That's all :wink:

Meite is pretty massive tbf Denver. He is undoubtedly a 'presence'. Both him and Bod, who is better in the air than you suggest imo, are providing the target man role

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 30 Jul 2018 10:57

genome
Royalwaster
genome
This blew my mind:

Quite, but of all the teams in Championship that are a better prospect than us, he chose Bristol City? :lol:

Of course Brighton fans hate us as much as we hate them, so anyone is better than us.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Jul 2018 11:04

Royalwaster
genome
Royalwaster

Of course Brighton fans hate us as much as we hate them, so anyone is better than us.

No no, Brighton fans don't hate us, they think we're irrelevant. They think we're so irrelevant they can't stop going on about just how irrelevant they think we are.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Jul 2018 11:22

genome
Royalwaster
genome
This blew my mind:

Odd one but I guess they have been reletively likeable for the past 2 seasons?
When you support a team as massive as Brighton I guess you have to choose some hipster club in the championship.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 Jul 2018 11:48

They only have like 4 posts per page so it’s just another tinpot tactic to delude themselves that they’re anything other than a small, beige and uninteresting club.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jul 2018 11:54

NewCorkSeth
genome
Royalwaster

When you support a team as massive as Brighton I guess you have to choose some hipster club in the championship.

Bristol likeable?

With all their smug gifs etc, no thank you

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Jul 2018 12:00

CountryRoyal

They only have like 4 posts per page so it’s just another tinpot tactic to delude themselves that they’re anything other than a small, beige and uninteresting club.

It's kinda funny that they throw those insults at us when, over the last 20 years or so, we're basically the same club.

Club in trouble saved by local millionaire
Spent some time in League One before going up to the Championship
Brand new stadium
Promoted to the Premier League

The only real difference is they have a far larger catchment area for fans than we do, which I think has bred the idea in them that they are a bigger club than they actually are. If they can establish themselves as a Premier League team in the future, this will change (because we couldn't do that), but for now they still have less seasons in the Premier League (2) than Reading (3), and less league titles to boot.
Last edited by genome on 30 Jul 2018 12:02, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jul 2018 12:01

Hound
NewCorkSeth
genome

Bristol likeable?

Their manager is one of the least likeable people on the planet. He is AIDS in football manager form.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Jul 2018 12:03

Old Man Andrews
Hound
NewCorkSeth Odd one but I guess they have been reletively likeable for the past 2 seasons?

Bristol likeable?

Their manager is one of the least likeable people on the planet. He is AIDS in football manager form.

I cannot convey to you in words just how punchable Lee Johnson's face is.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jul 2018 12:04

genome
CountryRoyal

It's kinda funny that they throw those insults at us when, over the last 20 years or so, we're basically the same club.

Brand new stadium

The only real difference is they have a far larger catchment area for fans than we do, which I think has bred the idea in them that they are a bigger club than they actually are. If they can establish themselves as a Premier League team in the future, this will change (because we couldn't do that), but for now they still have less seasons in the Premier League (2) than Reading (3), and less league titles to boot.

Is their catchment that much bigger? Would have thought the entirety of Berkshire must run it pretty close.

I don't mind them tbh. But their attempts to start rivalries with clubs miles away like Palace is a bit lame. Like us again I suppose.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jul 2018 12:04

genome
Old Man Andrews
Hound
Bristol likeable?

yeah he is an utter cock

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jul 2018 12:09

genome
Old Man Andrews
Hound
Bristol likeable?

Did you see that horribly contrived footage of him on the training pitch that came out recently? I wanted to end it all.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Jul 2018 12:10

Hound
genome
CountryRoyal

Brand new stadium

Is their catchment that much bigger? Would have thought the entirety of Berkshire must run it pretty close.

Of course - Berkshire has to compete with the whole of London. Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham hoover up quite a lot of potential fans.

Brighton don't really have another club near them to worry about - hence why their rivals are from Croydon.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jul 2018 12:10

Hound
genome
Old Man Andrews

yeah he is an utter cock

Problem is if anything happens with Clement and Bristol City start like they finished last season he could easily end up here. Depressing.

195 posts