seahawk10 wrote:Ignorant American post.
Here is why I think our season will be a push for the playoffs and not a relegation battle:
1. We have been after quality strikers for quite a while now. We signed two of them.
2. Paul Clement seems to know what he wants and is building a team to fit his scheme.
3. Some young players will step up.
4. Some under-performers will play to the level they are capable of achieving.
5. The strikers will score double-digit goals each.
6. The other players brought in will exceed expectations.
7. We cleared out a lot of deadwood or players past it.
7. Liam Kelly will be our player of the season and provide the spark and creativity we need.
8. Sam Walker will wind up as our #1 keeper and will earn us points on his own some games.
This will be a surprisingly good season.
JR wrote:It’s the keyboard warriors who don’t have the means or desire to go to games in person that are largely going to be dragging threads down with negativity.
CountryRoyal wrote:JR wrote:It’s the keyboard warriors who don’t have the means or desire to go to games in person that are largely going to be dragging threads down with negativity.
I think you’ll find the negativity is caused by watching Reading regularly. Avoiding that is a sure fire way to enjoy your weekend.
So.... open to all nobbers then?Old Man Andrews wrote:Motion to change the title of the thread to "Bellends only"?
Stranded wrote:I'm actually now excited about this season, I have absolutely no idea how we will go - if this squad performs as it could we could shock a few and be around the play-offs again. If they don't then who knows.
It is this not knowing that makes being a football fan so enjoyable, by the end of the first game, we will either be positive (win), content (draw) or suicidal (lose).
Snowflake Royal wrote:Positives post Derby:
1 Meyler looks to improve us
2 Yiadom looks to improve us
3 Richards continues to not look out of his depth
4 We were tighter defensively
5 We didn't piss about with it at the back
6 We looked more dangerous on the break
7 We created chances
8 Bodvarsson scored despite having minimal pre-season
9 Meite offers an alternative to Bod
10 Baldock gives us the option for attacking changes
11 McNulty gives us the option for attacking changes
12 McShane was fine, not at all the disaster predicted
13 Ilori was good
14 We didn't 'deserve' to lose
15 If Moore doesn't go, he improves the Derby side. But if Moore does go, chances are we can afford to bring in two decent players, which improves on the Derby side.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 56 guests