The Positive Thread - Only Positivity Allowed

russyb

The Positive Thread - Only Positivity Allowed

by russyb » 31 Jul 2018 14:27

"The practice of being or tendency to be positive or optimistic in attitude"

I'm fed up with the vibe on the other threads, the moaning the downright mind boggling attitude and woe is me and we are doomed ethos that is spreading,so this is the positive thread, only positive comments, and insightful wisdom. No moaning now, no dour dreary rubbish.

I will start.

Reasons to be cheerful .... The football season is starting this Friday! we are playing at Home, Yes, whats not to like about that!

We drew with 3 very good teams , despite people saying that pre-season was a bust. We now have potentially 2 decent centre forwards that hopefully will bring the goals to add to those good performances.

The Midfield looks better, Myler allowing the space for Liam Kelly to be able to express and pass the ball round (i saw this on Saturday even if other people failed to notice it)

We might be losing Moore, but we should be getting defensive cover in on loan very soon, i heard a prem player

The new Kit is bloody nice

Come one people lets be happy , lets oxford up Derby's plan and enjoy the season. Join the positive vibe section right here and add your thoughts.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Positive Thread - Only Positivity Allowed

by linkenholtroyal » 31 Jul 2018 14:33

has someone been a bit heavy on the prozac this morning?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jul 2018 14:36

russyb "The practice of being or tendency to be positive or optimistic in attitude"

I'm fed up with the vibe on the other threads, the moaning the downright mind boggling attitude and woe is me and we are doomed ethos that is spreading,so this is the positive thread, only positive comments, and insightful wisdom. No moaning now, no dour dreary rubbish.

I will start.

Reasons to be cheerful .... The football season is starting this Friday! we are playing at Home, Yes, whats not to like about that!

We drew with 3 very good teams , despite people saying that pre-season was a bust. We now have potentially 2 decent centre forwards that hopefully will bring the goals to add to those good performances.

The Midfield looks better, Myler allowing the space for Liam Kelly to be able to express and pass the ball round (i saw this on Saturday even if other people failed to notice it)

We might be losing Moore, but we should be getting defensive cover in on loan very soon, i heard a prem player

Come one people lets be happy , lets oxford up Derby's plan and enjoy the season. Join the positive vibe section right here and add your thoughts.

Motion to change the title of the thread to "Bellends only"?

russyb

by russyb » 31 Jul 2018 14:36

linkenholtroyal has someone been a bit heavy on the prozac this morning?

Yeah probably :-) better than the depressants.

Hook Royal

by Hook Royal » 31 Jul 2018 14:37

Is anyone positive that we're going to be relegated? :)

russyb

by russyb » 31 Jul 2018 14:38

Old Man Andrews
russyb "The practice of being or tendency to be positive or optimistic in attitude"

I will start.

Motion to change the title of the thread to "Bellends only"?

and your positive input is? you do enough moaning on the other threads, come up with something decent for once.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jul 2018 14:47

Well done for rivalling the " Smallest strikeforce" thread for worst topic of conversation of all time. Both on the same day too. Magnificent.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 31 Jul 2018 14:53

I'll give it some positivity. I've booked my tickets for Forest away. It'll be my first trip to the City Ground since Scott Murray drilled in the winner quite a few years ago. I'm going all in all positive this year. I'm going to be supporting the Royals on the road more than ever this year even though we are sh&ate.

I'm also going to be heading up to Preston next month and will try and make it up to Villa this month as well.

We could pull off a few surprises this year. We do still have a fairly decent squad. If Clement can just find a winning formula, get the squad to gel and motivate them to put everything on the line then a top 4 finish is not out of the question. There is enough ability in the dressing room. I am confident in Clement. He seems to have more common sense then Stam. I think one Clement finds the winning formula he will stick with it and build and nurture it.

He has my full support.

russyb

by russyb » 31 Jul 2018 15:07

Top Flight I'll give it some positivity. I've booked my tickets for Forest away. It'll be my first trip to the City Ground since Scott Murray drilled in the winner quite a few years ago. I'm going all in all positive this year. I'm going to be supporting the Royals on the road more than ever this year even though we are sh&ate.

I'm also going to be heading up to Preston next month and will try and make it up to Villa this month as well.

We could pull off a few surprises this year. We do still have a fairly decent squad. If Clement can just find a winning formula, get the squad to gel and motivate them to put everything on the line then a top 4 finish is not out of the question. There is enough ability in the dressing room. I am confident in Clement. He seems to have more common sense then Stam. I think one Clement finds the winning formula he will stick with it and build and nurture it.

He has my full support.

Good on you Top flight, there is a lot to like going forward, too much focus on the negatives, i love going up to Nottingham as well, plus rock city up there is great.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 31 Jul 2018 15:10

I am positive.

I always struggle to really get into the football season when it's 30 degrees with long evenings, just doesn't feel right to me until we get into the Autumn.

New(ish) manager, two new strikers, last season obviously sapped us all of our enthusiasm but that's all behind us, new season ahead, plenty of surprises lay ahead in the league as always and looking forward to it.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 31 Jul 2018 15:26

You typed Oxford rather than swearing and letting the automatic censor do it's job

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 Jul 2018 15:51

We haven’t been relegated yet.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 31 Jul 2018 16:08

The 'In/Out' thread hasn't started yet.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Jul 2018 16:18

Most importantly let’s ensure the home crowd performances are positive. Let’s have a host of player chants/songs to use and let’s make a positive sort of cheery noise (remember that) whenever Reading have the ball. Urge them forward and applaud/encourage every forward pass the team make WITHOUT the audible “urgh” when it fails from time to time. The more times the players hear that positivity the more forward passes there’ll be as they’ll be more encouraged to take that risk to release a forward run. Might take a few games to get going but it’s well worth a try.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 Jul 2018 16:39

All jokes aside I think I can muster up a couple. Might be clutching at straws.

We’re more likely to exceed our expectations than we are to fall short of them? Maybe? (If we think we’re going down).

Moore was at the heart of a terrible defence so he’s clearly not that good?

Derby won’t have 4,000 fans watching them dick us?

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 31 Jul 2018 17:17

I too am feeling positive about this season, we aint going up and we wont get to the play offs but i really think we will sit happily in the middle of the table which will be a job well done in this extremely tough looking championship league.
I think we have some really good players and Clement has put some experience and leadership into the team and i really do believe that all this team is lacking is that little bit of confidence which allows you to play with freedom and to express yourself without that weight of negativity hanging around your shoulders.
Just look at our 106 record breaking team, they came out every game and tore teams to shreds, that's what confidence can do to a team, i'm not saying our present team will become amazing overnight but maybe the thought of Barrow, Aluko, Meite etc all with the belief they can beat anyone, ripping up the wing and supplying crosses for Sparky and Big Sam!! we can but dream lol. :shock:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jul 2018 17:24

Fresh start.
Clement has brought in options to give us a chance to change it up with substitutions and make a difference.
Yiadom at RB
We've spent cautiously and sparingly to a clear plan.
Another year another Academy breakthrough or two likely
There's a positive initiative to improve the atmosphere
There are definite candidates for worse teams than us.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 31 Jul 2018 17:28

Positivity thread, Is our Nige back?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 Jul 2018 18:20

Snowflake Royal Fresh start.
Clement has brought in options to give us a chance to change it up with substitutions and make a difference.
Yiadom at RB

Will you be south standing it Ian?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jul 2018 18:29

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal Fresh start.
Yiadom at RB

Will you be south standing it Ian?

Really busy at work (and have no reception there) so haven't got round to calling the club to move. Still meaning to if not too late.