Liam Moore Hypocrite or Hero?

133 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Liam Moore Hypocrite or Hero?

by Hound » 16 Aug 2018 21:28

Did think that, but wouldn’t be surprised if it was linked to our league position. Ie if we come bottom half he can leave for the 10m that was offered

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 17 Aug 2018 11:44

Hound Did think that, but wouldn’t be surprised if it was linked to our league position. Ie if we come bottom half he can leave for the 10m that was offered

I don't think even RFC would be stupid enough to write a performance disincentive into a player's contract.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Aug 2018 11:49

The Reverend
Hound Did think that, but wouldn’t be surprised if it was linked to our league position. Ie if we come bottom half he can leave for the 10m that was offered

I don't think even RFC would be stupid enough to write a performance disincentive into a player's contract.

Two words.... Ron and Gourlay.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Aug 2018 11:57

The Reverend

ISnt that what happened with Marcus Maddison? Get promoted or you can leave for 2.5m?

Was just throwing out an idea - suspect there is something like that in there, but less basic than finish top half. Just can't see him being happy to agree to a deal which just says we'll pay you a bit more money (but still far less than you'd had earned at Brighton)

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 17 Aug 2018 12:43

Old Man Andrews
The Reverend

Two words.... Ron and Gourlay.

That's 3

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Aug 2018 12:53

how about if the new contract has no release clause in it until 1st June 2019 ?
we've given Moore a pay rise, he's committed to stay for the season. If the world goes crazy and we get promoted he'll stay and play for us in the Prem, if we don't get promoted we'll take £10 million for him, but he's incentivised to play well so he can earn that move.
There has to be something for both sides in a new contract and a deal like that looks good for both parties.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 31 Aug 2018 18:48

New contract :shock: :shock:

Reckon a release clause was put in. Whether that clause is 15 million or lower (or higher) will be interesting.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Aug 2018 20:01

It’s difficult not to be a little cynical on this. I expect a release clause and a hefty wage rise are included in there, and good luck to Moore for getting them in if they are, but it’s not necessarily a good thing for the club

Hope he can just concentrate now on getting together a solid partnership with Ilori and start getting some clean sheets. They have potential to be a very decent pairing if they can stay fit and focussed

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 31 Aug 2018 20:04

Hound It’s difficult not to be a little cynical on this. I expect a release clause and a hefty wage rise are included in there, and good luck to Moore for getting them in if they are, but it’s not necessarily a good thing for the club

Hope he can just concentrate now on getting together a solid partnership with Ilori and start getting some clean sheets. They have potential to be a very decent pairing if they can stay fit and focussed

I agree with everything you've said here. My exact sentiments on everything.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2018 20:46

NewCorkSeth
Hound It’s difficult not to be a little cynical on this. I expect a release clause and a hefty wage rise are included in there, and good luck to Moore for getting them in if they are, but it’s not necessarily a good thing for the club

I agree with everything you've said here. My exact sentiments on everything.

Yep

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 31 Aug 2018 21:07

I saw this earlier and thought it was one of those times that someone retweets an old tweet as a joke.

I checked the date and saw it was today. Confusing.

Wtf is it about. A long term deal... I thought he'd be gone in January and at a push the end of the season.

biff

by biff » 31 Aug 2018 23:53

Big fan of him, but the whole "looking forward to being part of the long term plan" sh1te sticks in the craw a little bit. Just keep your head down and play until you inevitably get your big money move.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Sep 2018 00:32

So the obvious release clause must have been agreed by the club and his agent,
I don`t think he was thrilled that we rejected a alleged 10m bid so I would guess it`s somewhere around the 12m mark.
And I suspect a certain south coast club have all the details locked away.

133 posts