Forest (A) match thread

126 posts
tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Forest (A) match thread

by tmesis » 11 Aug 2018 18:35

bobby1413 I'd be far more worried if people were saying our performance was just like last year, but it does sound like the team are offering more.

The question is what comes first, some sort of gelling from the team, seeing improved performances leading to improved results, or a slump in confidence due to trying hard but not getting any reward.

I think it will be the former, but worry about the latter.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 11 Aug 2018 18:42

Ascotexgunner
BR0B0T 0 and 2

CLEMENT OUT

....hard to believe that the third game of the season is now so big now.

defo make or break!!!

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 11 Aug 2018 18:49

tmesis
bobby1413 I'd be far more worried if people were saying our performance was just like last year, but it does sound like the team are offering more.

The question is what comes first, some sort of gelling from the team, seeing improved performances leading to improved results, or a slump in confidence due to trying hard but not getting any reward.

I think it will be the former, but worry about the latter.

Yep, I'm not a particularly greedy fan. I'm happy with survival this season, with the goal being to build some sort of foundation.

Mind you I've said that over multiple seasons now and we just change managers and the whole process seems to repeat

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 11 Aug 2018 18:51

bobby1413 I just can't imagine him taking this team anywhere - especially not promotion or play offs

This squad isn't good enough. Going to take time to improve it. Safely in mid table would an improvement.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 11 Aug 2018 18:51

genome We’ve had a tough start against two promotion contenders

If we start losing games against the weaker sides then I will be concerned.

Well, bottom is bottom, no matter who we've played. And tbh, we don't really know how good Derby or Forest will be at this point. Forest have played 3 games and hadn't won before today, Derby's lone win in 3 was against us, and they are getting spanked at home today. Both teams could end up mid table for all we know.

On the other hand, if they both turn out to be great, then now was a good time to play them (Derby had young manager in his first game, Forest have 9 new players). Not real sure who the 'weaker' teams are either, but if we lose next Sat against Bolton (who are undefeated, and are 7th) I think I'll officially be...starting to be...concerned. :wink:
Last edited by Denver Royal on 11 Aug 2018 19:16, edited 1 time in total.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 11 Aug 2018 18:51

Lower West
bobby1413 I just can't imagine him taking this team anywhere - especially not promotion or play offs

This squad isn't good enough. Going to take time to improve it. Safely in mid table would an improvement.

I'd settle for that for sure

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 11 Aug 2018 18:54

bobby1413 Mind you I've said that over multiple seasons now and we just change managers and the whole process seems to repeat

£7m wasted on Aluko. Better to have a long term plan. Than think that money is automatically going to buy success. Changing managers frequently isn't the solution either.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 11 Aug 2018 18:55

something like 2 wins in 10 for Clement...which is a bit cack!

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 11 Aug 2018 18:55

Lower West Changing managers frequently isn't the solution either.

Agree 100% and always said that when people start wanting a manager sacked after 3 losses

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 11 Aug 2018 18:55

Lower West

I think the thing that could have improved it went to Swansea.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 11 Aug 2018 18:56

BR0B0T something like 2 wins in 10 for Clement...which is a bit cack!

Yea, but I do think it's unfair to count last year.

He took over as we ended the season in an abysmal dangerous position and we did stay up.

He's had a summer, I'm judging him from Last Friday onwards

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 11 Aug 2018 18:56

Gunny Fishcake The irony that the day after the transfer window is we clearly need a few more players, but who's going to want to join our slow boat to nowhere ?

A player on the fringes of a good side who wants to show what they can do, who wants to play vs. ride the bench.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 11 Aug 2018 18:58

Lower West
bobby1413 Mind you I've said that over multiple seasons now and we just change managers and the whole process seems to repeat

£7m wasted on Aluko. Better to have a long term plan. Than think that money is automatically going to buy success. Changing managers frequently isn't the solution either.

What the fcuk is a long-term plan in a competitive environment?

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 11 Aug 2018 19:01

Lower West This squad isn't good enough. Going to take time to improve it. Safely in mid table would an improvement. 7m wasted on Aluko. Better to have a long term plan. Changing managers frequently isn't the solution either.

Not thinking about a playoff final this year then, LW?

Mind you, in Clements' 10 games we've scored 4 goals (+ a pen), so can't really blame you. :wink:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 11 Aug 2018 19:13

Looking at us being bottom is incredibly premature, it's got to be pretty uncommon for a team to find themselves bottom of the league after losing their opening games by a single goal surely.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Aug 2018 19:17

tidus_mi2 Looking at us being bottom is incredibly premature, it's got to be pretty uncommon for a team to find themselves bottom of the league after losing their opening games by a single goal surely.

Don`t shout it too loud. according to social media we are down already.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 11 Aug 2018 19:26

windermereROYAL
tidus_mi2 Looking at us being bottom is incredibly premature, it's got to be pretty uncommon for a team to find themselves bottom of the league after losing their opening games by a single goal surely.

We have an Aldershot fan at work over the Summer who likes this hypothetical situation where we go down and they go up then we'd only be a division apart. Apparently they still sing anti-Reading songs at Aldershot.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 11 Aug 2018 19:54

tidus_mi2
windermereROYAL

We have an Aldershot fan at work over the Summer who likes this hypothetical situation where we go down and they go up then we'd only be a division apart. Apparently they still sing anti-Reading songs at Aldershot.

Please tell him or her to take a look at the National League table. Aldershot BOTTOM. NO GOALS in three games. They will never, in the future, be just a division apart from us in their wildest dreams. They are heading for the gutter of the National League South. And as for singing anti-Reading songs....I'm surprised that 900 or so could even make much noise. Pathetic tiny little non-entity of a club. Their ground is called the Rec for a season.
Back onto today. Annoying to lose by the odd goal to two 'big' clubs.....makes Saturday v Bolton very interesting. Come on !!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Aug 2018 20:06

On to next week. I see Bolton had 31% possession at home today and conceded 16 shots (5) this follows on from 28% last week and 20 shots (3) .
Got to be quietly confident with those stats. having said that they haven't been beaten yet.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Aug 2018 20:21

Barney
tidus_mi2
windermereROYAL

Please tell him or her to take a look at the National League table. Aldershot BOTTOM. NO GOALS in three games. They will never, in the future, be just a division apart from us in their wildest dreams. They are heading for the gutter of the National League South. And as for singing anti-Reading songs....I'm surprised that 900 or so could even make much noise. Pathetic tiny little non-entity of a club. Their ground is called the Rec for a season.
Back onto today. Annoying to lose by the odd goal to two 'big' clubs.....makes Saturday v Bolton very interesting. Come on !!
was going to make a post (but obviously didn’t) about how much ‘shots crowds have fallen away in recent seasons, their ‘pheonix days’ had double the amount of support.

126 posts