BFTG Birmingham

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG Birmingham

by Denver Royal » 16 Aug 2018 02:41

Denver Royal
Getthebeerens Great to see Tyler Blackett starting to play with confidence again, I know he can frustrate people but on his day he can be a top player for us. Given time hopefully Paul Clement and his coaches can get more consistency from him.

Yep, agreed. To coin a phrase...‘There’s a player in there somewhere!’ :)

Talent/ability, looks the part physically. Yet in games, does he know how to play and what to do? Given his background he’s had coaching/direction. Is he focused, prepared to pay the price in Champ, how good does he really want to be? As you say, a confidence player, maybe Clement can help.

What do you think his best position currently is, or will be? Do ya think he has a future here?

Welcome to HNA?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Aug 2018 08:06

Denver Royal .

The most concise and to the point thing you have ever said.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 16 Aug 2018 08:39

Rea Ding
Coppells Lost Coat
Pandoras Box
Ermmm, no. Those people who had no interest in being there, didn’t watch the football and talked non football related shite non stop at a loud volume to the distraction of those that wanted to watch the football were frowned upon. No one else.

Christ how easily distracted are you?
I get more annoyed at people talking shite pretending knowing how to mange the team.

It can be very distracting if people are talking about random non-football related things for the full match. I much prefer hearing people's weird and wonderful opinions on how to manage the game

Suppose if the ground is quiet it could be annoying but I dont really tune in to other people conversations. However some one doing a running commentary directed at who ever is in ear shot, of which pass the player should be doing / who is open / what ball to play, through out the entire game is the most irritating thing to endure during a game.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Aug 2018 09:01

Coppells Lost Coat
Rea Ding
Coppells Lost Coat
Christ how easily distracted are you?
I get more annoyed at people talking shite pretending knowing how to mange the team.

It can be very distracting if people are talking about random non-football related things for the full match. I much prefer hearing people's weird and wonderful opinions on how to manage the game

Suppose if the ground is quiet it could be annoying but I dont really tune in to other people conversations. However some one doing a running commentary directed at who ever is in ear shot, of which pass the player should be doing / who is open / what ball to play, through out the entire game is the most irritating thing to endure during a game.

I can understand the annoyance on less of a distraction level but more of respect thing. It’s your team, your club, your game, your passion. You spend hundreds of pounds and hours watching it and I guess someone there who doesn’t really care or give a shit is a bit annoying/disrespectful. It’s blatant ignorance which is always frustrating even if it’s not necessarily their fault.

That’s how I see it anyway.

I do fully understand that it’s part and parcel and a necessary and inevitable consequence of trying to build the fan base. I think the only real way of truly doing that though is by a prolonged stint in the premier league.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Aug 2018 09:55

Tbh in a game like that with thousands of empty seats, you should just move if there is someone annoying there

Obvs not so easy when you have some gimps sitting next to you with STs like I did last year.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Aug 2018 10:20

Hound Tbh in a game like that with thousands of empty seats, you should just move if there is someone annoying there

Obvs not so easy when you have some gimps sitting next to you with STs like I did last year.

Yeah sorry about that Hound.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Aug 2018 12:19

leon
Hound Tbh in a game like that with thousands of empty seats, you should just move if there is someone annoying there

no worries. As long as you've moved seat this year

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Aug 2018 12:33

Hound
leon

no worries. As long as you've moved seat this year

errm I'm bringing some friends who are going to use the opportunity to learn the trumpet.

Getthebeerens

by Getthebeerens » 16 Aug 2018 13:46

Denver Royal
Denver Royal
Getthebeerens Great to see Tyler Blackett starting to play with confidence again, I know he can frustrate people but on his day he can be a top player for us. Given time hopefully Paul Clement and his coaches can get more consistency from him.

Yep, agreed. To coin a phrase...‘There’s a player in there somewhere!’ :)

What do you think his best position currently is, or will be? Do ya think he has a future here?

Welcome to HNA?

Thanks for the welcome,

Currently I see him as a left back, maybe not as offensive as a Obita or Richards but he can certainly deliver a threat with his crossing ability. It will be interesting to see how he develops this season especially with John O'Shea at the club. I'm sure that the O'shea signing has more to it than to provide cover for our current CB.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Sep 2018 17:55

Just going back a couple of weeks,

Westwood52 Baldock 7: Class act. Very bright and sharp. Oh for a Dave Kitson to play alongside him. Reminds me of Forster.

What an insult to one of our best strikers in the last 20 years.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Sep 2018 17:58

sandman Just going back a couple of weeks,

Westwood52 Baldock 7: Class act. Very bright and sharp. Oh for a Dave Kitson to play alongside him. Reminds me of Forster.

What an insult to one of our best strikers in the last 20 years.

:lol: :lol: :lol: