BFTG Birmingham

Old Man Andrews

Re: BFTG Birmingham

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Aug 2018 11:07

genome Is it just me raising a wry smile at the fact everyone's fawning over O'Shea after most completely wrote him off before a ball was kicked?

There was no need for the patronising cheering though. Would agree he did well though.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Aug 2018 11:08

Old Man Andrews
genome Is it just me raising a wry smile at the fact everyone's fawning over O'Shea after most completely wrote him off before a ball was kicked?

There was no need for the patronising cheering though. Would agree he did well though.

Yeah, that was a bit cringeworthy

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Aug 2018 11:16

thought it was all light hearted and reasonably well intentioned

thing I took from it is that the crowd were actually enjoying themselves, which has been far to rare over the few years. Of course there was a bit of pi$s taking involved in the cheering, but O'Shea seemed to take it well. Sure he has heard plenty worse.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Aug 2018 11:18

Just thought it was a bit weird if anything. I wasn't sat in the East so couldn't tell the intention but it appeared to be very sarcastic.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 15 Aug 2018 11:22

Old Man Andrews Just thought it was a bit weird if anything. I wasn't sat in the East so couldn't tell the intention but it appeared to be very sarcastic.

From Lower West it sounded OK.

PS He was IMMENSE

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 15 Aug 2018 11:59

I will reserve judgement on O'Shea until (let's hope it is not necessary) he plays in a proper competitive match.
Last night Birmingham fielded just ONE player from their Saturday starting eleven and other clubs like 'Boro and Villa did the same.
I don't want to watch Reserve team football and this competition is a bit of a farce but reduced ticket prices is a good move by the club, especially during school holidays, and I agree with those posters who feel that non-regulars should be encouraged and not frowned upon.
At least they got better value than for the Burton game last season.

Roll on Saturday and competitive league football again.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Aug 2018 12:03

They made a lot of changes, but apparently 4 of their players were new signings, so presumably not signed to play in the reserves.

But they did look very poor on the whole.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Aug 2018 12:18

Disappointed not to see Club 1871 out in force for this one. Has the initiative fallen at the first hurdle, you wonder?!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Aug 2018 12:21

John Smith Disappointed not to see Club 1871 out in force for this one. Has the initiative fallen at the first hurdle, you wonder?!

In your opinion is it time to go?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Aug 2018 12:23

Being a cup game all the south stand would have been allocated to away fans if they sold enough

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Aug 2018 13:11

https://youtu.be/NgZC8KtYUv0

Highlights for anyone interested. Swift should probably be on free kick duty for the rest of the season..

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Aug 2018 13:38

Old Man Andrews
John Smith Disappointed not to see Club 1871 out in force for this one. Has the initiative fallen at the first hurdle, you wonder?!

In your opinion is it time to go?

I think so. And I think in many other people's opinions too. Club 1871 goes

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 15 Aug 2018 13:41

Victor Meldrew
,and I agree with those posters who feel that non-regulars should be encouraged and not frowned upon.
At least they got better value than for the Burton game last season .

Ermmm, no. Those people who had no interest in being there, didn’t watch the football and talked non football related shite non stop at a loud volume to the distraction of those that wanted to watch the football were frowned upon. No one else.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 15 Aug 2018 13:51

Pandoras Box
Victor Meldrew
,and I agree with those posters who feel that non-regulars should be encouraged and not frowned upon.

Ermmm, no. Those people who had no interest in being there, didn’t watch the football and talked non football related shite non stop at a loud volume to the distraction of those that wanted to watch the football were frowned upon. No one else.

Christ how easily distracted are you?
I get more annoyed at people talking shite pretending knowing how to mange the team.

Getthebeerens

by Getthebeerens » 15 Aug 2018 14:00

A really enjoyable game last night. I didn't realise how much I have missed a front two strike partnership. They didn't get the goals last night but there defending from the front was great to see. So many times last season the oppositions centre backs had an easy game.

Also great to see Tyler Blackett starting to play with confidence again, I know he can frustrate people but on his day he can be a top player for us. Given time hopefully Paul Clement and his coaches can get more consistency from him.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 15 Aug 2018 15:18

Coppells Lost Coat
Pandoras Box
Victor Meldrew

I get more annoyed at people talking shite pretending knowing how to mange the team.

+1 Had this at the Crystal Palace pre-season game

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 Aug 2018 17:35

NewCorkSeth https://youtu.be/NgZC8KtYUv0

Highlights for anyone interested. Swift should probably be on free kick duty for the rest of the season..

Was practising in the warm up. Besides scoring, he hit the post twice and the bar. Being putting neccessary hours in to achieve consistency. Which was the only secret behind Beckham's dead ball deliveries. .

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 15 Aug 2018 20:37

Coppells Lost Coat
Pandoras Box
Victor Meldrew

It can be very distracting if people are talking about random non-football related things for the full match. I much prefer hearing people's weird and wonderful opinions on how to manage the game

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Aug 2018 21:15

NewCorkSeth https://youtu.be/NgZC8KtYUv0

Cheers Seth.

Lovely move for Meite's goal. Definitely could and should have had a couple more on those chances. Good freekick from Swift, not sure it would be saved anyway, but the keeper made a terrible mistake taking a couple of shuffle steps towards his near post as it was being taken, giving himself literally no chance of getting within a mile of the shot. If Swift saw that and shot accordingly, that's brilliant, but I think he was going far anyway.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 15 Aug 2018 23:42

Last edited by Denver Royal on 16 Aug 2018 02:43, edited 1 time in total.