MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by Notlob is Bolton backwards

Berry
Member
Posts: 654
Joined: 24 Mar 2005 11:03

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by Notlob is Bolton backwards

by Berry » 18 Aug 2018 17:03

Bring back Stam

User avatar
Avon Royal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6032
Joined: 28 Jan 2006 11:54
Location: Diggs. Sideline. Touchdown. Unbelievable.

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by Notlob is Bolton backwards

by Avon Royal » 18 Aug 2018 17:03

2 world wars, 1 world cup wrote:Winning is so much better than losing. I don't know why we keep losing.


Because we are a very, very, bad football team.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1076
Joined: 10 Aug 2011 10:44
Location: Y26

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by Notlob is Bolton backwards

by Royal_jimmy » 18 Aug 2018 17:04

RoyalBlue wrote:So much for those who claimed you couldn't/shouldn't read anything into our shyte pre-season results and performances.


Yup especially shipping 4 vs Wimbledon. But we have too many deluded fans

User avatar
LightwaterRoyal
Member
Posts: 973
Joined: 28 Jun 2012 13:54
Location: Javea, Alicante

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by Notlob is Bolton backwards

by LightwaterRoyal » 18 Aug 2018 17:04

Well that was bloody awful

User avatar
tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3382
Joined: 15 Jun 2012 15:24

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by Notlob is Bolton backwards

by tidus_mi2 » 18 Aug 2018 17:06

Kneejerk reaction, our midfield is shit, 0 decent chances all game whereas Bolton created 2 and scored 1, deserved win


alfie9
Member
Posts: 357
Joined: 06 Aug 2016 00:01

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by Notlob is Bolton backwards

by alfie9 » 18 Aug 2018 17:08

Why did we sack Stam again? Because there's no way we'd be in a worse position right now under him

User avatar
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 10578
Joined: 19 Apr 2004 08:37
Location: With grace we will suffer, with grace we shall recover

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by Notlob is Bolton backwards

by From Despair To Where? » 18 Aug 2018 17:10

alfie9 wrote:Why did we sack Stam again? Because there's no way we'd be in a worse position right now under him


Oh I don't know about that, we've actually gone up a place.

User avatar
strap
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3094
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 09:06
Location: Gainsford End

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by Notlob is Bolton backwards

by strap » 18 Aug 2018 17:10

alfie9 wrote:Why did we sack Stam again? Because there's no way we'd be in a worse position right now under him


Except we'd be in the third tier ... but I take your point.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1076
Joined: 10 Aug 2011 10:44
Location: Y26

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by Notlob is Bolton backwards

by Royal_jimmy » 18 Aug 2018 17:13

Our problem is our board sign twatty players with no strategy on a way we want to play. Don't let the manager bring his own men in


alfie9
Member
Posts: 357
Joined: 06 Aug 2016 00:01

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by Notlob is Bolton backwards

by alfie9 » 18 Aug 2018 17:15

strap wrote:
alfie9 wrote:Why did we sack Stam again? Because there's no way we'd be in a worse position right now under him


Except we'd be in the third tier ... but I take your point.


I don't believe that. We only stayed up because all of the bottom 5 were exceptionally terrible. We only ended up needing 5 points from 8 games, I think Stam would've got that.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1557
Joined: 27 Dec 2008 19:59

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by Notlob is Bolton backwards

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 18 Aug 2018 17:25

Royal_jimmy wrote:I am going to have a party when Gourlay and the board all oxf*rd off


Gourlay and Tevreden both culpable as well as Clement..if the manager falls on his sword...then the other two need to as well..

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5037
Joined: 16 Jul 2004 18:36
Location: A country made up of 51.9% f**king thick uneducated xenophobic jingoistic mongtards.

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by Notlob is Bolton backwards

by 2 world wars, 1 world cup » 18 Aug 2018 17:28

Berry wrote:Bring back Stam


Bring back Bullivant.

User avatar
Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3256
Joined: 20 Sep 2005 23:16

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by Notlob is Bolton backwards

by Reading4eva » 18 Aug 2018 17:36

It's time to tempt Parky back to the club he loves. Otherwise it's curtains. Only side we look capable of finishing above is QPR


User avatar
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 17745
Joined: 23 Jun 2011 10:24
Location: Putting right what once went wrong

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by Notlob is Bolton backwards

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Aug 2018 17:38

Don't want to point fingers, but Club1871 were awful today.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1076
Joined: 10 Aug 2011 10:44
Location: Y26

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by Notlob is Bolton backwards

by Royal_jimmy » 18 Aug 2018 17:40

Reading4eva wrote:It's time to tempt Parky back to the club he loves. Otherwise it's curtains. Only side we look capable of finishing above is QPR


The manager isn't the issue. It's far higher than that

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4374
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by Notlob is Bolton backwards

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Aug 2018 17:40

So very little has changed then. We're still playing without instinct which slows everything down because we're not aware of the passes that are on until it's too late. Plus there's so all movement and what there is has no cohesion. We still do nothing to stretch the space or unsettle the opposition defence, ultimately doing their job for them by squeezing the space and always letting them get set.

Mannone 6 he's bang average but did little wrong
Yiadom 6 largely ignored and rarely played in helpfully
Moore 6 still expected to be our playmaker but given no options
McShane 4 given an absolutely torrid time and plenty of mistakes.
Blackett 7 actually pretty solid and some decent attacking play, the odd Tyler moment too.
Meyler 4 Good god he's slow. Took an age in possession and didn't even rough them up much or win the ball a lot.
Kelly 5 no options all too often, put in a better defensive shift than Meyler
Swift 5 really can't play in the same team as Kelly. Great skill but oxf*rd up too often and rarely actually delivers a killer ball. Must never play in our half. Slows everything down
Meite 7 not even remotely a winger, but probably our biggest threat
Baldock 5 some decent play but not enough. Good asset in a better team
McNulty 5 there's something there but has League One moments and needs a better team around him

Bacuna 4 I was praying for Bacuna to come on to give us someone who could introduce some urgency and carry us forward. Instead he played terrible crossfield hoof after hoof. Patience lost with him, file under Drenthe. God we miss Evans.
Bod 6 shame the rest of the team didn't realise he came on, at least I assume that was the case seeing as we made no effort to change up the game and switch back to front to hit him early.
Popa 5 largely anonymous and demonstrated why he's never been the answer to the Aluko question.

Really patchwork side that didn't seem to have a clue how to play.

oxf*rd hell this season might kill me. South Stand was ok with very little to feed on. Bit dispersed. the stunner in front of me lightened the shambles of a game a bit.

User avatar
strap
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3094
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 09:06
Location: Gainsford End

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by Notlob is Bolton backwards

by strap » 18 Aug 2018 17:41

alfie9 wrote:
strap wrote:
alfie9 wrote:Why did we sack Stam again? Because there's no way we'd be in a worse position right now under him


Except we'd be in the third tier ... but I take your point.


I don't believe that. We only stayed up because all of the bottom 5 were exceptionally terrible. We only ended up needing 5 points from 8 games, I think Stam would've got that.


I don't believe we would have got 5 more points under Stam. The team was totally shot by the end and I would have not been surprised had we failed to get a single additional point in those last 8 games with Stam. Thankfully we will never know.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1076
Joined: 10 Aug 2011 10:44
Location: Y26

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by Notlob is Bolton backwards

by Royal_jimmy » 18 Aug 2018 17:42

Shows how awful we are without Barrow

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4374
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by Notlob is Bolton backwards

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Aug 2018 17:45

RoyalBlue wrote:So much for those who claimed you couldn't/shouldn't read anything into our shyte pre-season results and performances.

You shouldn't. It's the shite league results that are the issue.

User avatar
Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1845
Joined: 07 Jan 2012 17:23
Location: Ascot

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by Notlob is Bolton backwards

by Ascotexgunner » 18 Aug 2018 17:49

Just on the way home....I won't upset some of you with my thoughts now as some know my stance, but if you couldn't see this result coming a mile off your in denial. Especially those who drone on about "knee jerk reactions" and "we will be alright" followed by "a much better performance".

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brain Traysers, Google [Bot] and 47 guests

It is currently 16 Nov 2018 01:21