John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Berks and Bucks Senior Cup 2018/19

by John Smith » 12 Apr 2019 16:32

Someone's job needs to be terminated for this

CavershamRoyal

by CavershamRoyal » 14 Apr 2019 23:08

From Despair To Where? The rules clearly need cleaning up. Evidently no one has a real issue with EFL teams fielding academy sides despite them having pro contracts. It is ridiculous to bar the 3 biggest clubs in the Association from entering. Maybe they need to refine it so that anyone who gets playing time in the EFL that season is ineligible from that point onwards?

Do other Associations have this sort of problem or do the EFL clubs not bother entering?

I saw Leamington vs Aston Villa U23 earlier this season in the Birmingham Senior Cup - Villa's U23 side was fairly similar to the one our U23s beat a couple of days ago, so I presume they allow players with EFL contracts to play in their cup.

I skimmed the Birmingham FA's rules, but there was nothing about the eligibility of EFL players - just that every Premier League/EFL club who is a member of the association is required to take part.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Apr 2019 05:59

Listening to the latest TilehurstEnd podcast suggests that it is still unconfirmed whether the final will be played or if it is who will be playing in it. I presume it’s just wild speculation for the sake of something to say but wondered if there had actually been any further developments.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 24 Apr 2019 06:55

Sutekh Listening to the latest TilehurstEnd podcast suggests that it is still unconfirmed whether the final will be played or if it is who will be playing in it. I presume it’s just wild speculation for the sake of something to say but wondered if there had actually been any further developments.

No statement from the Berks and Bucks FA since April 11th when they threw Marlow out. Nothing also on Slough town website about tickets . The B& B are going to have to make a decision soon !!!

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 24 Apr 2019 09:19

Don't be too confident that they will make a decision soon! 2 years ago it took them so long to organise a venue for Hungerford vs Maidenhead final that it was played the following season.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 29 Apr 2019 14:57

One week from now the game should be just about kicking off !!! i have just sent this email to the Berks and bucks FA - hopefully they will reply.

Hello would you be able to update me if the final between Reading v Slough/Marlow is going ahead next Monday ?
It seems a long time since the statement on April 11th- and there are many Reading fans like myself wondering what`s going on.
I do understand the problems with the competition but with the match supposedly taking place a week today, some further information would be most welcome.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 30 Apr 2019 08:08

Final is now at Bracknell town FC next Monday KO 3pm against opponents unknown.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Apr 2019 08:20

Opponents are still unknown. Apparently the B&BFA are hearing Marlow’s appeal against their decision to throw Marlow out this week.

Whatever happens the rule at the root of all this should either be scrapped or simplified.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 30 Apr 2019 09:24

Sutekh Opponents are still unknown. Apparently the B&BFA are hearing Marlow’s appeal against their decision to throw Marlow out this week.

Whatever happens the rule at the root of all this should either be scrapped or simplified.

B & B statement- i wonder what sort of team we can therefore put out in the final ?

Statement From Berks & Bucks FA:

Berks & Bucks FA can confirm that the Senior Cup Final will be played on Monday 6th May 2019 at Bracknell Town Football Club with a 3:00 p.m kick-off.

On the 25th April, Berks & Bucks FA received a formal appeal from Marlow FC against the decision to remove them from the competition following a protest over player eligibility in the Semi Final against Slough Town FC. This appeal is due to be considered by an independent County Football Association this week. Depending on the outcome of this appeal, Reading FC will face either Slough Town FC or Marlow FC in the Final.

We are aware that there has been speculation and comment on social media regarding player eligibility throughout the Senior Cup this season. We would therefore like to remind Clubs of the following player eligibility requirements ahead of the Final:

1. All players must be registered with the Club in the League in which the Team ordinarily plays;
2. Contract players are not permitted in this Competition, with the exception of those Players who are registered under Contract with the same Club who have a team operating at Steps 1 to 6 of the National League System;
3. Players under Scholarship Agreements are permitted;
4. It is the responsibility of each Club to ensure that any Player registered to the Club has, where necessary, the required International Transfer Certificate;
5. Players cannot have played for any other Team in the Senior Cup of this or any other County Association;
6. A Player shall not be eligible to play for a Team in any final unless the Player has played 1 Match for that Team in the current Playing Season and was registered with that team before 1st March.

In accordance with Competition Rules, if a protest is received regarding the eligibility of a player in the Final, a Football Operations Committee will make a decision on the outcome of the game.

One87One

by One87One » 30 Apr 2019 11:06

Are tickets on sale for this yet? Leaving it a bit late...

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 30 Apr 2019 12:31

If they are playing it at the flat plastic dump they can count me out.

Fcuking hate that ground.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 30 Apr 2019 12:46

Royals and Racers
Sutekh Opponents are still unknown. Apparently the B&BFA are hearing Marlow’s appeal against their decision to throw Marlow out this week.

B & B statement- i wonder what sort of team we can therefore put out in the final ?

Berks & Bucks FA can confirm that the Senior Cup Final will be played on Monday 6th May 2019 at Bracknell Town Football Club with a 3:00 p.m kick-off.

On the 25th April, Berks & Bucks FA received a formal appeal from Marlow FC against the decision to remove them from the competition following a protest over player eligibility in the Semi Final against Slough Town FC. This appeal is due to be considered by an independent County Football Association this week. Depending on the outcome of this appeal, Reading FC will face either Slough Town FC or Marlow FC in the Final.

We are aware that there has been speculation and comment on social media regarding player eligibility throughout the Senior Cup this season. We would therefore like to remind Clubs of the following player eligibility requirements ahead of the Final:

1. All players must be registered with the Club in the League in which the Team ordinarily plays;
2. Contract players are not permitted in this Competition, with the exception of those Players who are registered under Contract with the same Club who have a team operating at Steps 1 to 6 of the National League System;
4. It is the responsibility of each Club to ensure that any Player registered to the Club has, where necessary, the required International Transfer Certificate;
5. Players cannot have played for any other Team in the Senior Cup of this or any other County Association;
6. A Player shall not be eligible to play for a Team in any final unless the Player has played 1 Match for that Team in the current Playing Season and was registered with that team before 1st March.

In accordance with Competition Rules, if a protest is received regarding the eligibility of a player in the Final, a Football Operations Committee will make a decision on the outcome of the game.

Just wonder if the Royals and whoever we play will come to a gentleman`s agreement before the final regarding acceptable team selection by both teams, and that no protest will be forthcoming from either team.
If not Reading won`t be able to play most of the U 23 current team !!!

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 02 May 2019 21:53

The Berks and Bucks FA surely must announce the decision of the hearing tomorrow !!!

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 May 2019 22:16

Royals and Racers
Royals and Racers

Just wonder if the Royals and whoever we play will come to a gentleman`s agreement before the final regarding acceptable team selection by both teams, and that no protest will be forthcoming from either team.
If not Reading won`t be able to play most of the U 23 current team !!!

Not sure I fully understand the criteria but I’m slightly worried we may not actually have ANY players who are eligible !
The use of the term ‘team’ is confusing. Presumably it means our u23 team ? So only players who have previously played for the U23 are eligible, but not if they have pro contracts of any sort. We can’t use an U18 player who hasn’t played for the U23 (no idea how many that applies to).
Don’t think we can use any u16 players.
They need to be registered in the PL2 league but I’m not sure clubs have to register players like you would in Step1-6 leagues, you can play any of your players hence we can suddenly give Jakkola, Ezatolahi and Baldock games
I’m sure the B&B talked to us and all is ok but the competition seems to be a bit of a farce.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 May 2019 22:31

Basically, I think we can field any academy player as long as they were registered with the academy before March 1 and played in at least 1 academy fixture this season (I.e. no ringers) and have not played for any other club in a county cup fixture this season (I.e. not cup tied).

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 03 May 2019 11:29

We are playing Slough- Marlow’s appeal dismissed.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 May 2019 11:30

Isn't there a good chance we will win the cup and then be disqualified though? Seems like a complete farce to me.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 May 2019 11:38

From Despair To Where? Basically, I think we can field any academy player as long as they were registered with the academy before March 1 and played in at least 1 academy fixture this season (I.e. no ringers) and have not played for any other club in a county cup fixture this season (I.e. not cup tied).

So although we are entered as ‘Reading U23’ actually hardly any of our U23 side are eligible. Seems odd to have to have been part of the Academy when it’s not an academy side entered !

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 03 May 2019 11:40

Old Man Andrews Isn't there a good chance we will win the cup and then be disqualified though? Seems like a complete farce to me.

Not for any breach of rules prior to the final. As i have said previously both Reading and Slough should agree on both teams selected for Monday and then a gentleman's agreement for either club not to protest against the other.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 03 May 2019 11:45

Nameless
From Despair To Where? Basically, I think we can field any academy player as long as they were registered with the academy before March 1 and played in at least 1 academy fixture this season (I.e. no ringers) and have not played for any other club in a county cup fixture this season (I.e. not cup tied).

So although we are entered as ‘Reading U23’ actually hardly any of our U23 side are eligible. Seems odd to have to have been part of the Academy when it’s not an academy side entered !

Surely we entered as Reading FC and decided that only academy players would take part- which obviously needed to be within the rules of the competition. It’s great that ourselves Milton Keynes and Wycombe Wanderers(were they in it ?) are back in the comp however the B&B FA do need to sort the rules out for the 2019/20 comp.

160 posts