BROBOT OUT!!!!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Clement OUT!!!!

by Hound » 19 Aug 2018 15:45

Oilroyal Clement is an adequate manager at this level and adequate for a club like ours.

If we stick with him and allow him to build a team over the next few seasons, even if we drop down a division it will be the correct thing to do.

There’s no quick fix that hasn’t been tried already. He needs to ship players out over the next few windows and attract the right players, he also needs to create a team togetherness on the pitch that fans have not seen in years. There's a big job to be done.

I see Clement working toward this as he's fully aware of our current shortfalls in the team/squad, and the errors made by the club over the past 3 ownerships.

There’s no magic fix to be had. As fans we need to understand the situation for what it is and give him time to love this club as we do.

He's a massive upgrade on Stam.

+1

It’s a huge job. And at this point in time have no desire to see some other similar level manager come in and try to start again

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Aug 2018 15:47

Denver Royal
Zip It was a dreadful performance. He admitted it. The players need a rocket not mollycoddling. It’s about time the squad started taking responsibility for so many pitiful performances. If they don’t like it then get rid.

Not easy to get rid of players at this point. No probs with a rocket...behind closed doors. What is achieved dissing players in public? Keep it internal. Stick together. He never payed pro footy, but will find most players, and managers, prefer that. We'll see what positive outcomes ensue.

Lower West
Snowflake Royal At this point I'd rather take our medicine and get relegated, giving him a chance in League One than have yet another manager with the same squad of crocks, deadbeats and nearly men finish 19th and 20th the next season with yet another sacking that year.We might actually win double figures at home down a level.

At least we could bring in home grown talent and build for the future. Bringing in "experience" to hang on in the division is taking us nowhere.

Surely there are other clubs in our boat, or are we unique? We almost went up 2 seasons ago. We need to get relegated to get better?

We've had one good season since we got promoted with McDermott. Our squad has been a shambles for years. It's not that we have to get relegated to get better. It's that relegation is looking more and more inevitable sooner or later, so I'd rather get it over with. And at a lower level we are naturally more likely to win games. Which would make a novel change.

Plenty of teams go down get back to winning ways and then perform better in the division they were relegated from than they were doing before they got relegated. It's no guarantee of course, but are you happy winning 6/7/8 home games out of 23 and finishing 17/18/19/20/21? I've got to believe we'd do better than that in League One.

Does the level actually matter as much as winning regularly? Obviously I'd take a mediocre season in the Championship over a good one in League One. But right now I'd prefer a mediocre season in League One to yet another shit one in the Championship.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 19 Aug 2018 15:55

Hound
Oilroyal Clement is an adequate manager at this level and adequate for a club like ours.

If we stick with him and allow him to build a team over the next few seasons, even if we drop down a division it will be the correct thing to do.

There’s no quick fix that hasn’t been tried already. He needs to ship players out over the next few windows and attract the right players, he also needs to create a team togetherness on the pitch that fans have not seen in years. There's a big job to be done.

I see Clement working toward this as he's fully aware of our current shortfalls in the team/squad, and the errors made by the club over the past 3 ownerships.

There’s no magic fix to be had. As fans we need to understand the situation for what it is and give him time to love this club as we do.

He's a massive upgrade on Stam.

+1

It’s a huge job. And at this point in time have no desire to see some other similar level manager come in and try to start again

I don't believe for a second he is a massive upgrade on Stam. If he was given the opportunity to continue as manager even with relegation (as you're proposing for Clement) - then I think we would have been better off overall

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Aug 2018 15:57

Anyone genuinely even contemplating the prospect of sacking Clement after one bad performance this season seriously needs to take some time and evaluate their life - what went wrong, what could have been done differently to prevent them being such complete and utter spaztards.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Aug 2018 16:04

CountryRoyal Anyone genuinely even contemplating the prospect of sacking Clement after one bad performance this season seriously needs to take some time and evaluate their life - what went wrong, what could have been done differently to prevent them being such complete and utter spaztards.

Brobot is a United fan, and by extension a Jaap Stam fanboy - and is obviously a bit sore that he got sacked.

I'd wager Maffff is also a Stam fanboy.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Aug 2018 16:14

genome
CountryRoyal Anyone genuinely even contemplating the prospect of sacking Clement after one bad performance this season seriously needs to take some time and evaluate their life - what went wrong, what could have been done differently to prevent them being such complete and utter spaztards.

Brobot is a United fan, and by extension a Jaap Stam fanboy - and is obviously a bit sore that he got sacked.

I'd wager Maffff is also a Stam fanboy.

Maffff is the leader of the group along with Milky Bar Kid from the Tilehurst End. Neither have got over him going.
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 19 Aug 2018 16:37, edited 1 time in total.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 19 Aug 2018 16:36

bobby1413
Hound
Oilroyal If we stick with him and allow him to build a team over the next few seasons, even if we drop down a division it will be the correct thing to do.
There’s no magic fix to be had. As fans we need to understand the situation for what it is and give him time to love this club as we do. He's a massive upgrade on Stam.

+1 It’s a huge job. And at this point in time have no desire to see some other similar level manager come in and try to start again

I don't believe for a second he is a massive upgrade on Stam. If he was given the opportunity to continue as manager even with relegation (as you're proposing for Clement) - then I think we would have been better off overall

Relegation - for the better - is an interesting proposal. I'm guessing some would feel different if Clement was 'doing a Bielsa' (who arrived at Leeds less than 2 months ago)? Or indeed, if Clement made the playoff final in his first season?

'Don't chop and change managers, dropping down a division is the correct thing to do'...and then we fire Stam? Darn it Clement, you did the wrong thing and kept us up :wink:

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 19 Aug 2018 16:46

I really like Clement's down to earth honesty and I'll back him all the way this season.

I am hoping for a better season and realistically I see us finishing 15/16th.

A game against Bolton is always going to be a dour affair. Parky has given them an identity and they play to their strengths and they do it very well. They did a number on WBA last week and I am sure they'll upset a few others before the season is done.

PC can turn us around given the time and support.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Aug 2018 17:19

Denver Royal
bobby1413
Hound +1 It’s a huge job. And at this point in time have no desire to see some other similar level manager come in and try to start again

Relegation - for the better - is an interesting proposal. I'm guessing some would feel different if Clement was 'doing a Bielsa' (who arrived at Leeds less than 2 months ago)? Or indeed, if Clement made the playoff final in his first season?

'Don't chop and change managers, dropping down a division is the correct thing to do'...and then we fire Stam? Darn it Clement, you did the wrong thing and kept us up :wink:

I'd rate Bielsa on how Leeds finish, not how they start. And keep in mind they have been in much less of a dire state than us.

The one thing Clement has on Stam, is that he is at least aware that you need to try to attack to win, and doesn't want 90% possession in our defensive third.

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 19 Aug 2018 17:26

Royal_jimmy The issue is far above the manager. We are suffering because of poor signings, poor board and managerial appointments.

The Dai's, Gourlay and Tevreden need to go.

Agree with the poor signings part, we have so much deadwood:
Jaakkola
O'Shea
Edwards
McCleary
Harriott
Popa (arguably, quite like him though whenever I have seen him)

The medical team needs to be looked at, what the hell has happened with injuries in recent years, current injuries include:
Jaakkola
Obita
Edwards
McCleary
Harriott
Aluko
Barrow
Swift, Richards and McShane also get injured quite frequently

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Aug 2018 17:27

RoyalJones
Royal_jimmy The issue is far above the manager. We are suffering because of poor signings, poor board and managerial appointments.

The Dai's, Gourlay and Tevreden need to go.

Agree with the poor signings part, we have so much deadwood:
Jaakkola
O'Shea
Edwards
McCleary
Harriott
Popa (arguably, quite like him though whenever I have seen him)

The medical team needs to be looked at, what the hell has happened with injuries in recent years, current injuries include:
Jaakkola
Obita
Edwards
McCleary
Harriott
Aluko
Barrow
Swift, Richards and McShane also get injured quite frequently

We are the only team to have injured players........ wow.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 19 Aug 2018 17:50

Denver Royal
bobby1413
Hound +1 It’s a huge job. And at this point in time have no desire to see some other similar level manager come in and try to start again

The club did the right thing in sacking Stam. We all see situations as we choose to see them.

I’ve seen us play fourth, third, second and premiership football, and in most parts with a team playing as a team and fighting as the underdog. The same cannot be said for these past few seasons. We no longer have honest players wearing our shirt, playing with desire, mostly due to the fans expectation and new owners’ money/ambition which has resulted in signing “has-been players” on silly wages which at the time the club would have believed to be the answer to their ambition.

Pogg (love him), Guthrie, Bridge, Vydra, Ola John, Aluko (stam's £7m pound love child) these all considered to be the “quick fix” but instead just a list of expensive over rated players the club chose to employ on a fast route to riches.

Clement is fully aware of our problems. Any muppet following Reading should be able to see we’re in a mess and have been for these past 4 or 5 years!

Give PC the time needed to sort this mess out and we might end up with our club back.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 19 Aug 2018 19:18

Ascotexgunner From the day he was appointed I'm still wondering what his credentials were.
Apart from carrying the cones and bibs for Ancelotti he's done nothing......and looks like continuing that record here.

He subbed off his mate 'Cris' once.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 19 Aug 2018 19:21

Zip The players need a rocket not mollycoddling.

Different players probably need different ways of being treated tbh....

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 19 Aug 2018 19:24

I like Clement and he's really had his hands tied. He needs 2-3 windows to offload the average players/deadwood in the squad.

He's not had any real decent players ready to step out from the academy given the lack of funds. We've lacked a real amount of youngsters being able to step up. Rinomhota may do this year but there's no guarantee he will be good enough to play at this level.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Aug 2018 20:21

Royal_jimmy I like Clement and he's really had his hands tied. He needs 2-3 windows to offload the average players/deadwood in the squad.

He's not had any real decent players ready to step out from the academy given the lack of funds. We've lacked a real amount of youngsters being able to step up. Rinomhota may do this year but there's no guarantee he will be good enough to play at this level.

That's because Stam sold or released them all.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 19 Aug 2018 20:24

Snowflake Royal
Royal_jimmy I like Clement and he's really had his hands tied. He needs 2-3 windows to offload the average players/deadwood in the squad.

Really? Reeeaalllllllllyyyyy?

Look at our academy squad, how most of those who left are doing now and those that are should be on the periphery of the squad or out on loan.

I'm not convinced a single one we released would get into our team atm and we're pretty shit

Wings aside, he's replaced with those equally talented and at a similar stage of their development just 2/3 years younger.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 19 Aug 2018 20:52

strap I'm saying nothing.

Assume youre single?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Aug 2018 21:58

maffff
Snowflake Royal

Really? Reeeaalllllllllyyyyy?

Look at our academy squad, how most of those who left are doing now and those that are should be on the periphery of the squad or out on loan.

I'm not convinced a single one we released would get into our team atm and we're pretty shit

Wings aside, he's replaced with those equally talented and at a similar stage of their development just 2/3 years younger.

Cooper and Stacey are probably the two who’d arguably be in and Around the first 11 currently

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 19 Aug 2018 22:01

When people say he needs time, roughly how much time do they want to give him? Someone said 3 transfer windows, which is pretty laughable. I don’t know why we’d give anyone who was failing that long.

There’s nothing in PCs career that suggests he could turn it around either.

Im not saying sack him now, btw. Though I wouldn’t care a jot if they did.