BROBOT OUT!!!!

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Clement OUT!!!!

by Jagermesiter1871 » 19 Aug 2018 22:06

maffff
Snowflake Royal
Royal_jimmy I like Clement and he's really had his hands tied. He needs 2-3 windows to offload the average players/deadwood in the squad.

He's not had any real decent players ready to step out from the academy given the lack of funds. We've lacked a real amount of youngsters being able to step up. Rinomhota may do this year but there's no guarantee he will be good enough to play at this level.

That's because Stam sold or released them all.

Really? Reeeaalllllllllyyyyy?

Look at our academy squad, how most of those who left are doing now and those that are should be on the periphery of the squad or out on loan.

I'm not convinced a single one we released would get into our team atm and we're pretty shit

Wings aside, he's replaced with those equally talented and at a similar stage of their development just 2/3 years younger.

Didn't Jake Cooper score yesterday? I'd take him back.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 19 Aug 2018 22:34

Snowflake Royal
Royal_jimmy I like Clement and he's really had his hands tied. He needs 2-3 windows to offload the average players/deadwood in the squad.

He's not had any real decent players ready to step out from the academy given the lack of funds. We've lacked a real amount of youngsters being able to step up. Rinomhota may do this year but there's no guarantee he will be good enough to play at this level.

That's because Stam sold or released them all.

True. Fosu and Cooper would probably improve this team

Don't think the others were good enough though. Most are at their level in league one or two.

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 19 Aug 2018 22:41

Old Man Andrews
RoyalJones
Royal_jimmy The issue is far above the manager. We are suffering because of poor signings, poor board and managerial appointments.

The Dai's, Gourlay and Tevreden need to go.

Agree with the poor signings part, we have so much deadwood:
Jaakkola
O'Shea
Edwards
McCleary
Harriott
Popa (arguably, quite like him though whenever I have seen him)

The medical team needs to be looked at, what the hell has happened with injuries in recent years, current injuries include:
Jaakkola
Obita
Edwards
McCleary
Harriott
Aluko
Barrow
Swift, Richards and McShane also get injured quite frequently

We are the only team to have injured players........ wow.

The injury list last season was astonishing, surely it was the worst in the league, has been a problem for a few seasons now.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Aug 2018 00:10

RoyalJones
Old Man Andrews
RoyalJones Agree with the poor signings part, we have so much deadwood:
Jaakkola
O'Shea
Edwards
McCleary
Harriott
Popa (arguably, quite like him though whenever I have seen him)

The medical team needs to be looked at, what the hell has happened with injuries in recent years, current injuries include:
Jaakkola
Obita
Edwards
McCleary
Harriott
Aluko
Barrow
Swift, Richards and McShane also get injured quite frequently

We are the only team to have injured players........ wow.

The injury list last season was astonishing, surely it was the worst in the league, has been a problem for a few seasons now.

Don't think it would be better or worse than anyone else in terms of numbers. We have just been unlucky that injuries happened to our more key players. Just bad luck.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 20 Aug 2018 09:15

What is noticeable about that table is that 3 of the worst six performers
are recent managers, Adkins, Rodgers, Clement

That suggests to me it's a club/structural/boardroom issue

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Aug 2018 09:21

Snowball What is noticeable about that table is that 3 of the worst six performers

I think it is rotten at the top for sure. We have owners who won't even speak to the press or supporters and a deeply questionable Chief Exec in Ron Gourlay who is about as likeable and personable as Fred West.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Aug 2018 09:26

I think there are plenty of other clubs in the division who would be happy to be given the investment the board has given, and the number of players in the squad for example. Apparently we pay decent wages as well.

have the likes of Bolton, QPR and Sheff Weds all in or coming off embargoes, decent teams like Brentford running at a profit on signings year after year, and a number of sides like Preston and Sheff Utd doing very nicely with minimal investment.

I don't really get all the 'Sack Gourlay, Sack the Board' stuff tbh. We are where we are due to some rank bad management and some poor signings and coaching. Interestingly the best season we've had for years was the one when we sold 2 of our best players a couple of weeks before the season and were shopping in bargain basement for the likes of Joey, Beerens and Mendes.

Maybe it was the actual lack of investment and 'being underdogs' which actually forged the team spirit that year. But I'm not sure you can blame the owners for letting the management buy supposedly better players, or for that matter not seeking publicity

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Aug 2018 09:45

maffff
Zip The players need a rocket not mollycoddling.

Different players probably need different ways of being treated tbh....

I'm sure they do but the underperformance of the team has been consistant for over a season now, so much so, it has become just the expected level of performance. I think a lot of us hoped that we would win on Sat but at the same time how many of us either at the game or following elsewhere were either a) surprised when Bolton took the lead or b) expected us to turn it around or even equalise.

Through most of this period the managers (Stam and Clement) have kept up a pretty defensive line in public but nothing changes - so I'm for a bit of a public dressing down at this time. Too many players in this squad seem to have the mentality of trying to do just enough over the course of the season and comments like Kelly's a week or two ago about never being worried about relegation last year appears to highlight a lassez-faire approach that hopefully a public kicking might shake out of them.

We have 3 games until the first break and unless something changes, we could easily hit that with 0/1 pts.

I'm not a massive Clement fan but the mentality of these players needs to be shifted else we are screwed and not sure replacing the manager again any time soon will aid that.

Some have also mentioned about taking our medicine and coming back stronger but honestly, again, unless the mentality of the squad changes, I think it would take 2 or 3 years to sort out at the lower level.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 20 Aug 2018 09:59

SouthDownsRoyal
strap I'm saying nothing.

Assume youre single?

:D :D :D :D :D

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Aug 2018 10:07

strap I'm saying nothing.

Well it's quite obvious that we should all be calling for the return of Billy Butler

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Aug 2018 10:24

Jagermesiter1871
maffff
Snowflake Royal That's because Stam sold or released them all.

Look at our academy squad, how most of those who left are doing now and those that are should be on the periphery of the squad or out on loan.

I'm not convinced a single one we released would get into our team atm and we're pretty shit

Wings aside, he's replaced with those equally talented and at a similar stage of their development just 2/3 years younger.

Thought Cooper was man of the match when we lost to Millwall last season. Wouldn't have blamed him if he'd walked up to Stam and laughed in his face that day.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Aug 2018 10:43

sandman
Jagermesiter1871
maffff

Thought Cooper was man of the match when we lost to Millwall last season. Wouldn't have blamed him if he'd walked up to Stam and laughed in his face that day.

Is this the same Jake Cooper who made a mistake leading to a clear cut chance or goal in pretty much every game in the second half of 2015/16?

Selling him was the right decision. Some players need a fresh move before they start performing well - he wasn't going to find that form here.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Aug 2018 10:44

genome
sandman
Jagermesiter1871

Is this the same Jake Cooper who made a mistake leading to a clear cut chance or goal in pretty much every game in the second half of 2015/16?

Selling him was the right decision. Some players need a fresh move before they start performing well - he wasn't going to find that form here.

Agree totally. He is ok in a shithouse team like Millwall because it is very, very basic football. For a team attempting to play football like us he was a complete liability.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 20 Aug 2018 11:42

Old Man Andrews
genome
sandman

Agree totally. He is ok in a shithouse team like Millwall because it is very, very basic football. For a team attempting to play football like us he was a complete liability.

He wasn't really though was he?. He was a young player finding his way in the game. Yes he made the odd mistake but he looked far more sure footed defensively than Illori did initially or Blackett or even Richards does now (yes I know he's a left back but defensively he gives up a goal scoring opportunity every game) . With a little more time and patience who's to say Cooper wouldn't have come good in the system we were playing.

It might well be that lack of patience came from the player himself who didn't want to work/wait for his chance of regular first team football here rather than us not standing by him. Whatever the reasons (and yes he's gone so it's pointless harping on about it) It's no more true to say he definitely wouldn't have succeeded here.

Oh and what I'd give to be a "shithouse" team like Millwall right now.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Aug 2018 11:45

Vision
Old Man Andrews
genome

He wasn't really though was he?. He was a young player finding his way in the game. Yes he made the odd mistake but he looked far more sure footed defensively than Illori did initially or Blackett or even Richards does now (yes I know he's a left back but defensively he gives up a goal scoring opportunity every game) . With a little more time and patience who's to say Cooper wouldn't have come good in the system we were playing.

It might well be that lack of patience came from the player himself who didn't want to work/wait for his chance of regular first team football here rather than us not standing by him. Whatever the reasons (and yes he's gone so it's pointless harping on about it) It's no more true to say he definitely wouldn't have succeeded here.

Oh and what I'd give to be a "shithouse" team like Millwall right now.

He played like a baby giraffe for us, he has done the best thing for his career by leaving.

Millwall are and always have been a shithouse team, it works for them and I think we should go down that route in all honesty. They play basic football and the players leave everything out there on the pitch. Nothing wrong with being shithouse, its not a negative.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 20 Aug 2018 12:12

Old Man Andrews
Snowball What is noticeable about that table is that 3 of the worst six performers

I think it is rotten at the top for sure. We have owners who won't even speak to the press or supporters and a deeply questionable Chief Exec in Ron Gourlay who is about as likeable and personable as Fred West.

Rose liked Fred

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 20 Aug 2018 12:40

John Smith Well it's quite obvious that we should all be calling for the return of Billy Butler

WCBAP

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Aug 2018 13:06

Stranded
maffff
Zip The players need a rocket not mollycoddling.

I'm sure they do but the underperformance of the team has been consistant for over a season now, so much so, it has become just the expected level of performance. I think a lot of us hoped that we would win on Sat but at the same time how many of us either at the game or following elsewhere were either a) surprised when Bolton took the lead or b) expected us to turn it around or even equalise.

Through most of this period the managers (Stam and Clement) have kept up a pretty defensive line in public but nothing changes - so I'm for a bit of a public dressing down at this time. Too many players in this squad seem to have the mentality of trying to do just enough over the course of the season and comments like Kelly's a week or two ago about never being worried about relegation last year appears to highlight a lassez-faire approach that hopefully a public kicking might shake out of them.

We have 3 games until the first break and unless something changes, we could easily hit that with 0/1 pts.

I'm not a massive Clement fan but the mentality of these players needs to be shifted else we are screwed and not sure replacing the manager again any time soon will aid that.

Some have also mentioned about taking our medicine and coming back stronger but honestly, again, unless the mentality of the squad changes, I think it would take 2 or 3 years to sort out at the lower level.

If they were genuinely never worried about relegation, they should all be oxf*rd ashamed of themselves and oxf*rd off. It's all they should have been thinking about for at least the laat two months of the season, deluded pricks. They're just lucky there were seven teams who deserved to go down and three worse than us.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Aug 2018 13:09

Snowflake Royal
Stranded
maffff

If they were genuinely never worried about relegation, they should all be oxf*rd ashamed of themselves and oxf*rd off. It's all they should have been thinking about for at least the laat two months of the season, deluded pricks. They're just lucky there were seven teams who deserved to go down and three worse than us.

Liam Kelly said exactly that in his press conference before the Derby match

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Aug 2018 13:10

Then he's a oxf*rd prick.