Re: BFTG - Bolton

by tee peg » 20 Aug 2018 17:37

bracksroyal10
tee peg
bracksroyal10
Matchday ticket
Money on food
£10 parking

the list goes on .... we are poor value for money.

leave out the food and get the bus :lol:

Fair enough, but it still doesn't hide the fact that there is a fundamental issue with the way the club is being ran!

Surely there are more initiatives the club could be taking part in to get those empty seats filled up!

Joking aside, totally agree with you as mentioned earlier in the thread.The club has a problem off the pitch as well.
Following on from an awful season lets welcome the fans back with a price hike on the food and Beer!!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Aug 2018 17:40

bracksroyal10 Matchday ticket
Money on food
£10 parking

What are you on about?

If Wycombe is such good value why don’t you just jog on down there. We don’t need phonies like you in the club anyway.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Aug 2018 17:44

Maneki Neko
Snowflake Royal
Zip I really dont think being relegated would be a good way to start rebuilding. There is no guarantee we would bounce back quickly and gates would drop even further. We need to try and consolidate this season with a view to being more ambitious in the following seasons.

Tbh, i really don't see much difference in threat to gate between yet another shit season of just surviving with no better prospects and relegated. It's not like trying to consolidate has worked at any point recently. We're rotten and the longer we stay that way the more damage is done.

In fact I think there's a possibility of more hope of a better season if we got relegated. I think people are droving because of the quality, results and despair... relegation might feel like a breathe of fresh air.

Of course we could spiral down and get double relegated.

In all seriousness, we go to games to see us win. Winning in League One is better than losing in the Championship and losing in League One really isnt a lot worse than losing in the Championship.

we have to be massively subsidised to exist at this level. and the owners only do so because of the possibility of premiere league football and a quick sale. if we went down, gates would drop further and ticket prices would have to come down, whilst paying the squad much the same. we'd be out of business by the end of the season.
this whole- better off going down view is nonsense.

Yep. There is also no guarantee that the manager in charge would give our Academy players opportunities either and could end buying in players that can do a job in the lower divisions. What would happen to our Academy status as well?
We really need to fight tooth and nail to stay in this division.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Aug 2018 17:48

John Smith
Money on food
£10 parking

What are you on about?

If Wycombe is such good value why don’t you just jog on down there. We don’t need phonies like you in the club anyway.

I don’t think the club can do much more than they already do to attract youngsters to the stadium. Season ticket prices are fantastic value for teenagers and children. They are also decent prices for adults although the current fare is making me feel very disagreeable by 4.55pm

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Aug 2018 17:49

Maneki Neko
Snowflake Royal
Zip I really dont think being relegated would be a good way to start rebuilding. There is no guarantee we would bounce back quickly and gates would drop even further. We need to try and consolidate this season with a view to being more ambitious in the following seasons.

Tbh, i really don't see much difference in threat to gate between yet another shit season of just surviving with no better prospects and relegated. It's not like trying to consolidate has worked at any point recently. We're rotten and the longer we stay that way the more damage is done.

In fact I think there's a possibility of more hope of a better season if we got relegated. I think people are droving because of the quality, results and despair... relegation might feel like a breathe of fresh air.

Of course we could spiral down and get double relegated.

In all seriousness, we go to games to see us win. Winning in League One is better than losing in the Championship and losing in League One really isnt a lot worse than losing in the Championship.

we have to be massively subsidised to exist at this level. and the owners only do so because of the possibility of premiere league football and a quick sale. if we went down, gates would drop further and ticket prices would have to come down, whilst paying the squad much the same. we'd be out of business by the end of the season.
this whole- better off going down view is nonsense.

I think we'd have to cut our cloth, which is what we desperately need to do. Gate receipts aren't that big a slice of income anymore... certainly not at this level.

I'd get ready for us to go out of business if you're right, because sooner or later we're likely to go down.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Aug 2018 17:53

Denver Royal
bracksroyal10 Hoping Bolton are going to be a surprise team this year in the league otherwise I am really concerned.

bracksroyal, good post, as usual. Yeah, early doors, but Bolton are in Top 6, and we're 7 points behind them already. That said, not a good sign we hype opponents. Have we played a really good team yet? After beating us, Derby lost both games since, Forest have won once in 4 games. Blackburn only just came up, but most are predicting defeat. :|

I'd be more worried that Bolton aren't one of the few teams nailed on to finish below us any more.

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 20 Aug 2018 18:29

Zip
John Smith
Money on food
£10 parking

What are you on about?

I don’t think the club can do much more than they already do to attract youngsters to the stadium. Season ticket prices are fantastic value for teenagers and children. They are also decent prices for adults although the current fare is making me feel very disagreeable by 4.55pm

+1 My son is exhibiting the optimism of youth, his match predictions are +3 on mine for just about every game. He loves everything but the lack of us scoring. His best game was still the one at Old Trafford a couple of years ago (4:0, wan’t it?) . Which is why he’s bullied me into going to see us get slaughtered at Aston.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Aug 2018 19:26

Lower West
Denver Royal We came within a pen of going up.

Would have been the first team in history to do so with a negative goal difference. Impossible to plaster over the ravines of some of the seasons results. Promoted teams need a foundation. Winning or losing by an odd goal is a fine margin.

True that was a bullshit season off bullshit football and a fair amount of luck.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Aug 2018 19:30

but more credible than that season of those below us

That’s football

How do you explain Leicester winning the Prem

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 20 Aug 2018 19:32

Denver Royal Ian, we don't need to drop.
We came within a pen of going up.
Cardiff were bottom, a year later PL. No surprise, and no 5 year plan.
Burnley went up, stayed up, now in Europe.
Bournemouth stayed up
Hudders went up
No massive budgets with these teams, then or now.

That would be the same Bournemouth that spent £50 million in this window and were previously fined £7.5 million for breaking FFP rules?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Aug 2018 19:36

Lower West

Would have been the first team in history to do so with a negative goal difference. Impossible to plaster over the ravines of some of the seasons results. Promoted teams need a foundation. Winning or losing by an odd goal is a fine margin.

We had a +4 GD. Huddersfield went up with -2 GD.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 20 Aug 2018 20:24

Pepe the Horseman
Lower West

We had a +4 GD. Huddersfield went up with -2 GD.

They did, and I doubt they are dwelling on it right now.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 20 Aug 2018 20:30

tee peg
bracksroyal10
John Smith What are you on about? We have the cheapest tickets in the league and they are cheaper than Wycombe!

Matchday ticket
Money on food
£10 parking

leave out the food and get the bus :lol:

Any more than one person in the car, it’s cheaper or the same than the bus.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 20 Aug 2018 21:14

Bournemouth stayed up
Hudders went up

Bournemouth’s budget was humongous :lol:

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 20 Aug 2018 21:17

Lower West

Difficult to see how you could get a post so wrong.

Firstly, out goal different wasn’t negative.

Secondly, Huddersfield had a negative goal difference and managed to stay up.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Aug 2018 21:23

WAZZOCK
Bournemouth stayed up
Hudders went up

Shhh.

Don't you know that Bournemouth are a fairytale who stayed up in the championship and ultimately went up on a shoestring budget and definitely aren't backed by a Russian Billionaire.
Last edited by sandman on 20 Aug 2018 22:37, edited 1 time in total.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Aug 2018 21:31

and with gates of 11k

The Cube

by The Cube » 20 Aug 2018 22:35

Platypuss run-averse bank of statues

Now that's a phrase-and-a-half.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Aug 2018 22:55

[list=][/list]
AthleticoSpizz but more credible than that season of those below us

That’s football

How do you explain Leicester winning the Prem

They had the outstanding fortune to make two exceptional signings at once, at the same time as all of the big clubs fell into disarray or bottled it at the same time. A once in a lifetime event.

Not sure what relevance you think it has.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 20 Aug 2018 23:04

sandman
WAZZOCK
Bournemouth stayed up
Hudders went up

Shhh.

Don't you know that Bournemouth are a fairytale who stayed up in the championship and ultimately went up on a shoestring budget and definitely aren't backed by a Russian Billionaire.

I was referring to Bournemouth having stayed up in the PL, not the Champ. And, I never said anything about how they went up. Not sure they have a massive budget in the PL relative to other PL clubs.
Any thoughts on the other teams I mentioned?

219 posts