MATCHWATCH : Blackburn Rovers (a) sponsored by 3 league wins in 2018

280 posts
strap
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackburn Rovers (a) sponsored by 3 league wins in 2018

by strap » 22 Aug 2018 22:00

Wow, that was total, utter, rubbish. Two AWFUL teams. We looked as though we fielded 11 strangers who had never played together before. Calamity McShane must surely be dropped for Ilori? Only Bodvarsson looked to have any interest in this game. Without Moore we would have been dead and buried.

Meite anonymous, Aluko (a few cheeky runs aside) ditto, Bacuna - didn't realise he was playing. Baldock a striker - really?! I lost count of the mistakes Blackett made. McShane - well no comment necessary. Jeez this was pathetic. Relegation battle, (and this season unsuccessful), unless drastic changes made.

Pity anyone who paid £10 for iFollow, especially as it was on Sky 403 red button. I'm really sad tonight. No obvious shape to our play, no obvious thoughts as to how to attack, and pretty much defend aside from Moore. Really really sad that RFC has stopped to this level of ineptitude.

Phew, and I didn't even swear once! (Does Jeez count as swearing?).

Oh well, on to Villa Park next - where Villa have just been thumped by Brentford, so they'll be champing at the bit to put that result to rights!! Happy days!

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 22 Aug 2018 22:01

Can't seem to edit my last post - but Villa got a last minute equaliser so maybe they won't be quite so up for it Saturday after all!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Aug 2018 22:02

strap Wow, that was total, utter, rubbish. Two AWFUL teams. We looked as though we fielded 11 strangers who had never played together before. Calamity McShane must surely be dropped for Ilori? Only Bodvarsson looked to have any interest in this game. Without Moore we would have been dead and buried.

Meite anonymous, Aluko (a few cheeky runs aside) ditto, Bacuna - didn't realise he was playing. Baldock a striker - really?! I lost count of the mistakes Blackett made. McShane - well no comment necessary. Jeez this was pathetic. Relegation battle, (and this season unsuccessful), unless drastic changes made.

Pity anyone who paid £10 for iFollow, especially as it was on Sky 403 red button. I'm really sad tonight. No obvious shape to our play, no obvious thoughts as to how to attack, and pretty much defend aside from Moore. Really really sad that RFC has stopped to this level of ineptitude.

Phew, and I didn't even swear once! (Does Jeez count as swearing?).

Oh well, on to Villa Park next - where Villa have just been thumped by Brentford, so they'll be champing at the bit to put that result to rights!! Happy days!

Villa didn`t lose.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Aug 2018 22:04

strap Can't seem to edit my last post - but Villa got a last minute equaliser so maybe they won't be quite so up for it Saturday after all!

TBF Brentford are a bloody good team.....they could have easily taken all the points up there tonight.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 22 Aug 2018 22:05

windermereROYAL

Villa didn`t lose.[/quote] Yep, see my post straight after. Was watching their equaliser as I hit send!! Brainless tit ! (Me I mean, not you!).

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Aug 2018 22:06

Just massively frustrating. Blackburn were pitiful. An awful side

Just seen the replays of the penalties. Words can’t describe those challenges. Both times there was minimal threat. Truly that second half performance was the most pathetic centre back performance I’ve ever seen. Not just the penalties, but losing header after header

What must it do to team spirit when your captain puts in a display like that?

Strangely thought we actually looked quite dangerous when it went 2-2. Bod was good - get Barrow and Sims starting with McNulty or Baldock alongside Bod and we really should score a few

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 22 Aug 2018 22:06

Thought Aluko looked OK
Sims. Did he touch the ball?
Moore was excellent but let down by his partner. However until giving away the penalties looked pretty assured to be fair
Meite was a bit :shock:
Baldock see above
Bod scored two but couldn't hold the ball up and a bit frustrating so aaargh!.
Kelly Yiadom, Blackett and Bacuna were average
Manone didn't really do anything wrong.

That was my view from the red button anyway

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Aug 2018 22:07

Jemzy I want to shit on mcshanes head and make the twat a brunette

Best thing you've said tbf.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 22 Aug 2018 22:07

The OS heradline makes my blood boil "Bodvarsson brace earns Royals away point" - NO YOU oxf*rd - "McShane's death wish throws away 2 points" is the accurate headline to use!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Aug 2018 22:08

Jemzy Would not blame Illori at all. It's a farce that he's not in the side.

Mcshane is a oxf*rd oxf*rd

Also valid.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Aug 2018 22:10

Ascotexgunner
strap Can't seem to edit my last post - but Villa got a last minute equaliser so maybe they won't be quite so up for it Saturday after all!

TBF Brentford are a bloody good team.....they could have easily taken all the points up there tonight.

Yep. Brentford are a terrific club and I would be happy to see them go up. They have a small budget and lower gates than us but are a much better team. They are showing us the way.
This has been a very poor week for Clement. He must learn from his mistakes and get his selection right for Saturday.

I hope the Ilori rumour is untrue. It’s unacceptable to refuse to travel irrespective of the stupidity of Clement’s selections.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Aug 2018 22:15

Clement also needs to improve his half time talks because we are piss poor at the start of second half’s at the moment. The fact we have lost all four second half’s in League games needs addressing sharpish.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 22 Aug 2018 22:15

genome
scumbag Can completely understand Illori refusing to travel

Is that true?

Don't believe so

JLow tweeted that he's picked up an injury

Seriously, what the fck are these players doing in training?!!! They're pros, they have one game per week, sometimes two.

Keep fit. Kick the ball about a bit. How are they continually getting injured?! I guess maybe it's knocks in games? But I rarely see any going off for that reason

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Aug 2018 22:18

I just remembered Paul Franklin.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 22 Aug 2018 22:20

leon
Scutterbucketz Only one winner here now.

Love?

Football's always the winner.

Illori for McShane in our best 11 please.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Aug 2018 22:20

Yep JoLo saying Ilori has a thigh injury but optimistic he will make the Villa game. Let’s hope so.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 22 Aug 2018 22:22

Absolutely fuming after throwing that away...what the hell was McShane thinking?!
He was a good player the 1st season when we signed him but that was 3 years ago and he’s past it now - must be an explanation for why Illori didn’t replace him after Sat.

Another game where pretty much every player looked good in spells but they don’t have it in them to produce for the whole 90 do they! Bacuna & Kelly prime examples - brought a lot of energy to the 1st half and broke up play well. 2nd half they were useless!

Actually thought Clement got every sub right, my only criticism was that Meite should have gone off earlier as he was clearly tired. Possibly Meyler should’ve come on to sure things up but it was 50:50 whether to go for the 3rd goal or not.

Thought Sims looked quite good - didn’t give the ball away, did some nice passes.
Baldock clearly not quite match fit yet.

Undecided whether we should stick with the 4-4-2. I’d still prefer us to go with the 4-2-3-1 with Barrow, Swift & Sims/Meite behind a striker. It’s a decision of whether to go with more strikers or more midfielders - all our central midfielders are pretty pants so is it best to put 3 of them together or just the 2?!

iFollow was pretty decent - but both that & Sky are going to completely destroy any atmospheres are evidenced tonight! I counted about 50 away fans, no idea where the other 220 were!

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 22 Aug 2018 22:29

Blackburn would never have got back into that without the rash tackles by McShane. Annoying thing is I was sat there watching it in the first half thinking that McShane was a penalty waiting to happen. So it was. Midfield non existent. Meyler was recruited to provide protection was he not? Benched. Bod and Moore did well but all over the place apart from those two. Depressing.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Aug 2018 22:39

Norfolk Royal Blackburn would never have got back into that without the rash tackles by McShane. Annoying thing is I was sat there watching it in the first half thinking that McShane was a penalty waiting to happen. So it was. Midfield non existent. Meyler was recruited to provide protection was he not? Benched. Bod and Moore did well but all over the place apart from those two. Depressing.

Yep. The first pen was particularly annoying as there was no danger at all. The ball looked like it was running out of play. Reckless charging in by McShane. I have seen him to do this so many times. He doesn’t learn.

Reading fan on twitter has his best centre backs in the following order

Moore
Ilori
O’Shea
Blackett
Nigel Gibbs
Ron Grant
Queensley
Ron “Razor” Gourlay
McShane

Just to add that under Clement we have played 12 League games and in the second half of those matches have scored 2 and conceded 17. We have lost eight of those second half’s and drawn four and won none. There is a problem there alright that must be sorted out. Clement seems very negative with his substitutions.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 22 Aug 2018 22:44

Thought we played well first half after a shaky start, we grew into the game and scored two good goals, and went into halftime sitting comfortable. Blackburn changed things up and came out hard and put us under lots of pressure. Then McShane gave away a calamitous penalty that any pro defender should be ashamed of, the player was going nowhere!!! From then on we were under the cosh but didn't really look like conceding, until McShane did it again, i have seen that Clement has stated that it was no penalty? from the replays on ifollow it looked like a penalty to me and even if it wasnt McShane went for the tackle and was slow again and gave the referee every chance to give the penalty.
Clearly two points dropped, even though i would have took a point prior to kick off, but more importantly, our Captain has thrown away the game and two points, i am guessing he may be sitting by himself on the long trip back to Berkshire!!!!!

Overall plus points: We have our first point, Bods goals, we have some wingers back for Villa.

Negative Points: McShane, Second half blues again, Kelly and his corner taking, still no win!!!!

280 posts