Ex Players

3107 posts
Kulshaw72RFC

Re: Ex Players

by Kulshaw72RFC » 20 Oct 2018 07:01

AthleticoSpizz Tabby was one of the few players that put a credible shift in during our last foray into the Premiership...however, he still got dropped...then despatched.

Decent fellah too

Poor management that was to drop and let go tbh

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 20 Oct 2018 12:17

Basildon
Sutekh Dean Morgan, now 35, is at Margate.

As is the one and only Leroy Lita

This isn't as surprising as I first thought. Pretty sure someone told me when Lita was at Reading that either he was from Margate or had family there.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Oct 2018 16:02

Leroy has indeed returned from playing in Thailand to his home patch at Margate.

He is not getting paid to play, Margates playing budget has been much-reduced, he is apparently playing out his last days to just ‘enjoy the game’.

Margate incidentally are managed by ex-Royal Steve Brown.

Elsewhere, Curo slots in yet another one for Bishops Stortford

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 21 Oct 2018 16:44

AthleticoSpizz Leroy has indeed returned from playing in Thailand to his home patch at Margate.

He is not getting paid to play, Margates playing budget has been much-reduced, he is apparently playing out his last days to just ‘enjoy the game’.

Margate incidentally are managed by ex-Royal Steve Brown.

Elsewhere, Curo slots in yet another one for Bishops Stortford

Very surprised to see that since turning pro in 1994, he has only played 1 season in the PL for Norwich. 963 games and 342 goals since. Very impressive.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Oct 2018 16:48

He has (and still does) find the right level of team to suit his game.

A goalscoring legend wherever he goes.

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 22 Oct 2018 00:31

Jordan Mutch scored a late equaliser in the penultimate round of MLS fixtures, playing for Vancouver Whitecaps against LAFC. It finished 2-2.

While it was a belter from 25 yards, to be honest he has been as forgettable during his loan spell over here as he was for us. Very much a rotation player and often playing in a deeper midfield role, where to me he has looked laboured. I don't know much much of his wages Vancouver are covering, but he hasn't torn up the league like you might expect from a player with 60 odd premier league appearances and at 26, theoretically coming into his peak years.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 22 Oct 2018 07:33

Brain Traysers Jordan Mutch scored a late equaliser in the penultimate round of MLS fixtures, playing for Vancouver Whitecaps against LAFC. It finished 2-2.

While it was a belter from 25 yards, to be honest he has been as forgettable during his loan spell over here as he was for us. Very much a rotation player and often playing in a deeper midfield role, where to me he has looked laboured. I don't know much much of his wages Vancouver are covering, but he hasn't torn up the league like you might expect from a player with 60 odd premier league appearances and at 26, theoretically coming into his peak years.

I forgot he played for us. When was that?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Oct 2018 09:51

Kulshaw72RFC
Brain Traysers Jordan Mutch scored a late equaliser in the penultimate round of MLS fixtures, playing for Vancouver Whitecaps against LAFC. It finished 2-2.

I forgot he played for us. When was that?

Think it was at about 4.30pm in Ipswich one Saturday afternoon in February 2017. I didn’t see that mind, I only heard.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 22 Oct 2018 10:18

Brain Traysers Slightly tangential but I believe Brian McDermott spoke recently at an event by Berkshire based 'Sports Injury and Performance Centre' GoPerform, where the below image was used to answer the question "what were the key ingredients to the success of the 2011/12 RFC team?"

Interesting that Jay Tabb (WRTOP playing rugby for South-west London based Old Wimbledonians) is featured as the heart of the "team before individual" ethos despite only featuring in 19 (10+9) league games.

Looking at the other 17 factors associated, I would argue we only really have 'Talent', and under Clement a shred of 'Honesty', while our 'Luck' has been broadly even this season. The other 13 (+ 'Big Bad Wolf' which isn't applicable) are all sadly seemingly missing.

Big Bad Wolf perhaps referred to atmosphere/getting the players in the right frame of mind right before kick off as that's the only time I recall hearing it.
Maybe DJ Megaparty is to blame for our poor form? - Ditch sweet caroline and only play it when we win at the final whistle, play big bad wolf.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 22 Oct 2018 10:30

Thought Big Bad Wolf was a reference to Jason Roberts.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 22 Oct 2018 10:45

Brain Traysers Slightly tangential but I believe Brian McDermott spoke recently at an event by Berkshire based 'Sports Injury and Performance Centre' GoPerform, where the below image was used to answer the question "what were the key ingredients to the success of the 2011/12 RFC team?"

Interesting that Jay Tabb (WRTOP playing rugby for South-west London based Old Wimbledonians) is featured as the heart of the "team before individual" ethos despite only featuring in 19 (10+9) league games.

Looking at the other 17 factors associated, I would argue we only really have 'Talent', and under Clement a shred of 'Honesty', while our 'Luck' has been broadly even this season. The other 13 (+ 'Big Bad Wolf' which isn't applicable) are all sadly seemingly missing.

If you swap Humility for Humiliation then we have been absolutely nailing that for 2 years.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Oct 2018 11:12

There's one big thing missing from that flip chart:

Off field stability.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 25 Oct 2018 11:02

Class act, Adam Federici has just reached out to a Reading fan on twitter, who is struggling mentally. Don't think it is appreciated what a nice bunch of fellas that team were.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Nov 2018 21:11

Phil Stant now runs a football academy in Newark.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 09 Nov 2018 21:57

Forbury Lion

Big Bad Wolf perhaps referred to atmosphere/getting the players in the right frame of mind right before kick off as that's the only time I recall hearing it.

Coppells Lost Coat Thought Big Bad Wolf was a reference to Jason Roberts.

Yeah it's a combination of things. When Roberts came into the dressing room he used to play it to get the other players hyped up. They were the big bad wolf, destroying the dreams of other clubs. So it's less about the song, and more about the state of mind.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 12 Nov 2018 15:08

Anyone else enjoy Alfie tearing up the A league?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 12 Nov 2018 21:26

Noel Hunt rumoured to become the new Swindon assistant manager, always thought he'd make a decent manager one day

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 16 Nov 2018 14:40

In a hypothetical world would anyone have Uche Ikpeazu back at the club tomorrow if we could?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Nov 2018 14:42

John Smith In a hypothetical world would anyone have Uche Ikpeazu back at the club tomorrow if we could?

Only if I couldn't get Bas Savage.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Nov 2018 15:12

John Smith In a hypothetical world would anyone have Uche Ikpeazu back at the club tomorrow if we could?

Only if he brought Simeon Howell and Andre Boucard with him.

3107 posts