Re: Ex Players

by Coppells Lost Coat » 04 Jan 2019 15:56

John Smith
Maneki Neko kuhl is currently working at a local supermarket

Is that true?

Yeah. One that used to sponsor us.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 04 Jan 2019 16:38

Maneki Neko
John Smith Millwall have completed the loan signing of Derby defender Alex Pearce

be happy to have had him back here

Millwall just seem to want to sign our team from about 5-7 years ago. Maybe they'll tempt ALF back for Aus.... :lol:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Jan 2019 12:33

Nick Blackman on the up in Spain now

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46850143

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 05 Feb 2019 22:04

Jamie Young, playing out his career in Australia with Brisbane Roar, does his own take on Schumacher / Battiston in the '82 world cup, taking out an Adelaide forward outside the area.

Brisbane, who had been 3-0 up (and still 3-1 up when he was sent off) lose 3-4, to a 97th minute winner.

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 06 Feb 2019 00:07

tmesis Jamie Young, playing out his career in Australia with Brisbane Roar, does his own take on Schumacher / Battiston in the '82 world cup, taking out an Adelaide forward outside the area.

Brisbane, who had been 3-0 up (and still 3-1 up when he was sent off) lose 3-4, to a 97th minute winner.

I remember many years ago being on a bus to Reading College and Jamie Young got on and sat a couple of rows in front of me. He held his phone to his ear and said to someone "Could you let him know I won't be at training as I need to buy a new car. “ There was a pause and then he said “Yeah a car“.

I was completely gobsmacked to what I heard but wasn't surprised when he got released.

Astos

by Astos » 06 Feb 2019 00:12

Don't think it's been mentioned but Jem Karacan has joined the ex-Reading contingent in Australia, signed for Central Coast Mariners the other week. https://www.news.com.au/sport/football/ ... dc961256c7

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 06 Feb 2019 02:51

Ranty McRantface
tmesis Jamie Young, playing out his career in Australia with Brisbane Roar, does his own take on Schumacher / Battiston in the '82 world cup, taking out an Adelaide forward outside the area.

I remember many years ago being on a bus to Reading College and Jamie Young got on and sat a couple of rows in front of me. He held his phone to his ear and said to someone "Could you let him know I won't be at training as I need to buy a new car. “ There was a pause and then he said “Yeah a car“.

I was completely gobsmacked to what I heard but wasn't surprised when he got released.

Cracking challenge :) https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/football/a-league/brisbane-roar-to-appeal-severity-of-threematch-ban-issued-to-goalkeeper-jamie-young-for-red-card/news-story/75b0c494548053ed192ceaf0ba924759

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Feb 2019 08:15

Kuhl was featured in a piece on South Today last night. Still rehabbing 18 months after injuring his knee at Aldershot. Only managed to get the necessary op and post op treatment because his mother had private health care insurance (which sounded odd !). Seemed to be getting closer to fitness and came across as being pretty positive. Whether he’ll find a club willing to take a risk must be open to question but would be a shame if with his talent he couldn’t get back in the game.
I reckon he’ll end up going abroad, you have to think there are worse places for a footballer to earn a living than Australia !

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 06 Feb 2019 10:26

Maneki Neko
From Despair To Where? Aaron Kuhl has basically been crocked for the last 2 years. Last I read he was trying to rebuild a career at Step 2-3 in non league.

Aaron Tshibola is on loan at Kilmarnock from Villa.

kuhl is currently working at a local supermarket

not sure that scans, mate.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Feb 2019 10:30

stealthpapes
Maneki Neko
From Despair To Where? Aaron Kuhl has basically been crocked for the last 2 years. Last I read he was trying to rebuild a career at Step 2-3 in non league.

Aaron Tshibola is on loan at Kilmarnock from Villa.

Doesn't seem to stack up.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Feb 2019 10:35

Hendo
stealthpapes
Maneki Neko

Doesn't seem to stack up.

Certainly a Lidl bit suspicious....

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 Feb 2019 10:35

Check out the 3 comedians :roll:

Basildon

by Basildon » 06 Feb 2019 11:16

He certainly Asda potential to come back

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 06 Feb 2019 11:43

Nameless Kuhl was featured in a piece on South Today last night. Still rehabbing 18 months after injuring his knee at Aldershot. Only managed to get the necessary op and post op treatment because his mother had private health care insurance (which sounded odd !). Seemed to be getting closer to fitness and came across as being pretty positive. Whether he’ll find a club willing to take a risk must be open to question but would be a shame if with his talent he couldn’t get back in the game.
I reckon he’ll end up going abroad, you have to think there are worse places for a footballer to earn a living than Australia !

I heard he had 2 operations- co-op`s :wink:

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 06 Feb 2019 14:37

'Shaun Goater is set to become the latest former Premier League star to join Sol Campbell's coaching setup at Macclesfield'.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 07 Feb 2019 08:09

Nameless Kuhl was featured in a piece on South Today last night. Still rehabbing 18 months after injuring his knee at Aldershot. Only managed to get the necessary op and post op treatment because his mother had private health care insurance (which sounded odd !). Seemed to be getting closer to fitness and came across as being pretty positive. Whether he’ll find a club willing to take a risk must be open to question but would be a shame if with his talent he couldn’t get back in the game.

He looked decent in those few cameos he had. Much like Scott Davies (when he was MOTM v Chelsea I think) he dropped off. Attitude problems?

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 07 Feb 2019 09:23

The Enfield Royal71

He looked decent in those few cameos he had. Much like Scott Davies (when he was MOTM v Chelsea I think) he dropped off. Attitude problems?

Scott Davies' "problems" have been well documented. I'm not sure there's any evidence Kuhl falls into the same category

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Feb 2019 09:34

Vision
The Enfield Royal71

Scott Davies' "problems" have been well documented. I'm not sure there's any evidence Kuhl falls into the same category

The BBC article on SD was very good and very eye opening, it certainly explains a lot.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 07 Feb 2019 10:10

Basildon Kalifa Cisse currently playing for Central Coast Mariners, in fact just been sent off against Sydney FC for 2 yellow cards in 3 minutes :D

he said Usan Bolt was pretty rubbish as a footballer

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 07 Feb 2019 10:14

Hendo
Vision
The Enfield Royal71

The BBC article on SD was very good and very eye opening, it certainly explains a lot.

Was a very good and insightful read. Nice to see that he has overcome such issues and trying to make other professionals aware of the real world of addictions.

3097 posts