Ex Players

3097 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Ex Players

by URZZZZ » 07 Feb 2019 18:03

Brief spell here but Baird has retired today from football. Always thought he was OK in his brief spell here

KentRoyal

by KentRoyal » 07 Feb 2019 18:05

URZZZZ Brief spell here but Baird has retired today from football. Always thought he was OK in his brief spell here

Not a Baird decision if you ask me

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Feb 2019 14:45

Just watched Simon Cox score a hat trick as Southend drew 3-3 with Pompey after being 3-0 down.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Feb 2019 19:28

Scores for fun at that level. Has been doing so for a few seasons.

Henry seems to be doing the same for oxf*rd

JR

by JR » 16 Feb 2019 23:00

Jake Cooper and Alex Pearce in to the quarter-finals of the FA Cup.

On paper not the most elegant pairing, but must add danger at offensive corners!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Feb 2019 23:04

would be a ‘nice’ and value-added to still have around here.....when was the last time Moore scored etc...

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 17 Feb 2019 00:07

JR Jake Cooper and Alex Pearce in to the quarter-finals of the FA Cup.

On paper not the most elegant pairing, but must add danger at offensive corners!

...and more security at defensive corners,free kicks, crosses, too.
Miazga has helped, but again today, with Sheff's size (they were licking their chops from the get go), it was glaring how vulnerable/inept we are with balls in the air in both boxes. Madine likely started for them today with that in mind.
For the life of me, I can't fathom how the odds/percentages, plus/minus goals, etc, have been in our favour, in the Champ, having done it 'our' way in recent years. Heck, Bamba/Morrison scored a dozen goals between them last season for Cardiff.
But, that's why we're on HNA?, and those 'in the know' make the decisions. :wink:
(Spizz, does Moore still go up for corners? He may as well just stay back :| )

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Feb 2019 23:02

Think you’ve just answered your own question there DR in all fairness

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Feb 2019 20:57

McNulty with 3 in 3 now, I'm glad we gave him so many chances to show what he can do

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 22 Feb 2019 22:03

URZZZZ McNulty with 3 in 3 now, I'm glad we gave him so many chances to show what he can do

Two goals tonight!! that"s 4 in 3 now i think. I really rated this guy but he was never given a chance to shine, plus we play with a lone striker which isn't really his ideal formation.
This big question is, if he cannot play the loan striker role, then why did we buy the guy?
The good news is that he's only on loan so either we get a better player back, which could prove useful if the worse happens and we get relegated as he's already proved he can hit the net in Div 1, or we can at least command a half decent transfer fee.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Feb 2019 08:58

In a league with standards well below our own.

Means nothing.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 25 Feb 2019 00:45

Watching Luton today for a bit, Jack Stacey has turned into a very mature accomplished RB, was he underused here or was it a case of needing to leave for his own career? Seems a shame we let him go, think he'll go quite far

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 25 Feb 2019 01:05

URZZZZ Watching Luton today for a bit, Jack Stacey has turned into a very mature accomplished RB, was he underused here or was it a case of needing to leave for his own career? Seems a shame we let him go, think he'll go quite far

I think we only ever saw him as a right winger, perhaps he has quality at full back that we didn't realise.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Feb 2019 10:04

CountryRoyal In a league with standards well below our own.

Means nothing.

This^

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Feb 2019 10:11

Hendo

Means nothing.

This^

Yep +2

I'd have a guess that Dundee would struggle to survive in League 2 let alone the Championship.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 25 Feb 2019 11:20

Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Means nothing.

This^

Yep +2

I'd have a guess that Dundee would struggle to survive in League 2 let alone the Championship.

Such a weird league. It is his level, a mix of Prem, Champ and Div 1 standard teams. As all strikers need a run of games I can see him getting 10+ in that league now.
He alone has scored more goals than the whole Reading team have, in the 5 games since he left.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 25 Feb 2019 11:30

Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Means nothing.

This^

Yep +2

+3.
And to think CeLOLtic thought they could play in our Premier league a few years ago. They would be a mid table championship side.

Didn't celtic or rangers lose a few years ago in the europa league 1st qualifying round to a team from san Marino or some utterly balls nation?

Edit: it was a team from Luxembourg who were called progres niederhorn.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 25 Feb 2019 14:43

I actually think Celtic would be an upper championship/lower prem side tbh. It’s hard to gauge but they really should win every week, which I suppose they do more or less usually.

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 25 Feb 2019 18:26

The Enfield Royal71
Old Man Andrews
Hendo
This^

Yep +2

+3.
And to think CeLOLtic thought they could play in our Premier league a few years ago. They would be a mid table championship side.

Didn't celtic or rangers lose a few years ago in the europa league 1st qualifying round to a team from san Marino or some utterly balls nation?

The Scottish league is laughable. Players getting released from League 2 clubs like Carlisle and joining the Scots Prem. Come on.

Even Celtic are a joke now. Upper Championship at best.

McNulty was scoring goals for fun in League 2 and it's no surprise that he's doing it again against League 2 and some 1 standard teams.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 25 Feb 2019 19:35

Ranty McRantface
The Enfield Royal71
Old Man Andrews
Yep +2

+3.

The Scottish league is laughable. Players getting released from League 2 clubs like Carlisle and joining the Scots Prem. Come on.

Even Celtic are a joke now. Upper Championship at best.

McNulty was scoring goals for fun in League 2 and it's no surprise that he's doing it again against League 2 and some 1 standard teams.

It shows how much of a joke it is that the best player in the league was Josh Windass :lol:

3097 posts