CONFIMRED - Saeid Ezatolahi

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Some Iranian guy who I can’t be bothered to spell the name of

by Norfolk Royal » 31 Aug 2018 09:02

What's the betting that if this fella is any good there will be a mass outbreak of Ayatollah head slapping in the East stand?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 31 Aug 2018 09:06

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 31 Aug 2018 09:06

CountryRoyal
Zip

I think this may well be Clement realising that Kelly and Swift are not up to it. No idea if this lad is any good. He did play in the World Cup finals and would carry a physical presence.

I’d say more likely doesn’t think Meyler is much cop. 3 goals in 73 appearances in Mickey Mouse leagues doesn’t exactly scream creative midfielder.

On a side note, is there a limit to loans? I think I’ve worryingly asked this before but can we replace the whole effing team with 6 month loans on a revolving basis? I know it’s not a recipe for success by any means but at least that way when we are shit I only have to put up with the same pcunts for a few months rather than dickhead mcfcukface signed from the andorran 4th division on a 5 year 25k/week contract.

God we’re such a joke of a club.

Anyway welcome to Reading Said. The best part is you don’t even have to be good to look good in this team just don’t be biblically shit.

That was a bit like what we tried under Clarke, no?

I do agree though that Meyler is looking like a failure. I remember seeing on his social media Snodgrasss (I think) was mocking him for how unhappy he looked on his first day in training - wonder how true that might have been...he doesn't look like he can be arsed and none of the others are playing for eachother from what I can see. Hopefully this Saeid Ezatolahi guy can come in and spice things up

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Aug 2018 09:12

Season long loan

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saeid_Ezatolahi

Presuming his name is pronounced something like SY-EED EEZA-TOE-LA-HE

By the time he’s settled in and got used to the English game at this level it’ll be Easter.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Aug 2018 09:13

Sutekh Season long loan

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saeid_Ezatolahi

Presuming his name is pronounced something like SY-EED EEZA-TOE-LA-HE

By the time he’s settled in and got used to the English game at this level it’ll be Easter.

He's a full international and played well against Spain and Portugal this summer. Doing him a bit of a disservice to say he will take that long imo. Predict he will start against Preston after the international break.
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 31 Aug 2018 09:15, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Aug 2018 09:14

It’s a bit of a shame he didn’t come before the cup ties - would have been good to have given him a couple of games there rather than straight into a relegation battle

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Aug 2018 09:19

Hound It’s a bit of a shame he didn’t come before the cup ties - would have been good to have given him a couple of games there rather than straight into a relegation battle

Think the hope is he might be the catalyst that tips us away from a relegation battle before it gets started.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 31 Aug 2018 09:24

Welcome Saeid, may you break backs and make the Championship humble, bubba.

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 31 Aug 2018 09:47

Old Man Andrews He's a full international and played well against Spain and Portugal this summer. Doing him a bit of a disservice to say he will take that long imo. Predict he will start against Preston after the international break.

Presumably he'll be away with Iran over the break. Unless Clement has come over all Tommy Burns I'd imagine he'll want him at Hogwood for a couple of weeks to learn something about the rest of the team.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Aug 2018 09:49

The Reverend
Old Man Andrews He's a full international and played well against Spain and Portugal this summer. Doing him a bit of a disservice to say he will take that long imo. Predict he will start against Preston after the international break.

Presumably he'll be away with Iran over the break. Unless Clement has come over all Tommy Burns I'd imagine he'll want him at Hogwood for a couple of weeks to learn something about the rest of the team.

Screw it lets just chuck him straight in, can't be any worse than what we have can it?

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 31 Aug 2018 09:57

The Reverend

Don't think it'll take him long to learn we are shit.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Aug 2018 09:59

The Reverend

Perhaps he’s been at Hogwood for a couple of weeks already ? He’s not been involved in Russia this season so could have been over here training while we decided on whether to take him ?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Aug 2018 10:02

Nameless
The Reverend

Perhaps he’s been at Hogwood for a couple of weeks already ? He’s not been involved in Russia this season so could have been over here training while we decided on whether to take him ?

I think you might be giving the club a bit too much credit there. That would have been the sensible thing to do. This is more of an "Oh shit our midfield is completely oxf*rd. Lets get someone in" type deal imo.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Aug 2018 10:06

Old Man Andrews
Nameless
The Reverend

I think you might be giving the club a bit too much credit there. That would have been the sensible thing to do. This is more of an "Oh shit our midfield is completely oxf*rd. Lets get someone in" type deal imo.

I’d have thought this is exactly the opposite. If you are in panic mode you don’t try and get a quick loan deal for an Iranian playing in Russia, I would imagine the communications hassle would be vast. A panic move would be to sign one of the legions of players without a club, or beg for a loan from Chelsea, or get someone with a Chinese connection.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 31 Aug 2018 10:07

Been crying out for an aggressive midfielder in the Danny Williams mould since he left, praying this guy can do it.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 31 Aug 2018 10:16

I watched all of Iran's games in the world cup. Aggression seems to be the default position for Iranian footballers.

Three years top flight football in Russia is certainly not Mickey Mouse. This could well turn out to be a very good deal. Full marks to the scouting network too; looks like we can land players from outside the mainstream.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 31 Aug 2018 10:49

windermereROYAL Been crying out for an aggressive midfielder in the Danny Williams mould since he left, praying this guy can do it.

100% this. I miss Danny W :(

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Aug 2018 10:54

Out of interest is he actually contracted to Rostov or not as Wiki both says he signed a 4 year deal with them in 2015 and then that his contract with them finished at the end of 2016. Given that he’s been shipped out on loan to other sides I presume he is contracted to them until 2019

I note also that he’s not exactly played very many games for anyone in Russia and hardly set their world alight so could he actually turn out to be the next Sandro Weiser

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Aug 2018 11:16

He could, through Iran are infinitely better than Liechtenstein

royal_rumble

by royal_rumble » 31 Aug 2018 11:36

sandman Welcome Saeid, may you break backs and make the Championship humble, bubba.

:lol: