CONFIMRED - Saeid Ezatolahi

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Some Iranian guy who I can’t be bothered to spell the name of

by Nameless » 31 Aug 2018 12:12

Sutekh Out of interest is he actually contracted to Rostov or not as Wiki both says he signed a 4 year deal with them in 2015 and then that his contract with them finished at the end of 2016. Given that he’s been shipped out on loan to other sides I presume he is contracted to them until 2019

I note also that he’s not exactly played very many games for anyone in Russia and hardly set their world alight so could he actually turn out to be the next Sandro Weiser

Be fair, he moved to Russia when he was 18 so the fact that he’s not been playing every week may be more about his age. Bit like (ok, only slightly like) doubting the Foden lad because he only managed 6 games for City last season.

yuomi

by yuomi » 31 Aug 2018 12:46

According to Wiki we've got an option to purchase in January...

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Aug 2018 13:01

yuomi According to Wiki we've got an option to purchase in January...

Do these ‘options’ really exist ?
Presumably they fall down if the player involved decides he doesn’t want to move after all, or do they effectively tie the player into the deal as well as the selling club ?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Aug 2018 13:29

Nameless

Presumably they fall down if the player involved decides he doesn’t want to move after all, or do they effectively tie the player into the deal as well as the selling club ?

I doubt it is an "option" in the true sense. We can only loan now, so think of this as a perm signing but with a get out clause if the player doesn't settle etc..

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 31 Aug 2018 14:14

Sutekh I note also that he’s not exactly played very many games for anyone in Russia and hardly set their world alight so could he actually turn out to be the next Sandro Weiser

this was my immediate reaction

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 31 Aug 2018 14:28

The Reverend
Old Man Andrews He's a full international and played well against Spain and Portugal this summer. Doing him a bit of a disservice to say he will take that long imo. Predict he will start against Preston after the international break.

Presumably he'll be away with Iran over the break. Unless Clement has come over all Tommy Burns I'd imagine he'll want him at Hogwood for a couple of weeks to learn something about the rest of the team.

Clement has already said he's looking forward to working with him on the training pitch. Depending on your opinion of how well Clement is doing that could be worrying. Might bring a potentially good player down to the level of Kelly at present!

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 31 Aug 2018 14:36

can we get this on the team page as CONFIMRED please

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 31 Aug 2018 14:44

A reliable source told me that back in Iran he was nicknamed 'The Tehranian Trundle' after some of his early flicks and tricks reminded fans of the former Wrexham and Neath legend Lee Trundle

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 31 Aug 2018 15:57

3points
Sutekh I note also that he’s not exactly played very many games for anyone in Russia and hardly set their world alight so could he actually turn out to be the next Sandro Weiser

this was my immediate reaction

I was thinking more of a Pablo Hurtado, the great man himself

KentRoyal

by KentRoyal » 31 Aug 2018 16:34

Sutekh Season long loan

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saeid_Ezatolahi

Presuming his name is pronounced something like SY-EED EEZA-TOE-LA-HE

By the time he’s settled in and got used to the English game at this level it’ll be Easter.

Thanks I couldn’t spell his name or pronounce it but that has really helped me. Cheers

KentRoyal

by KentRoyal » 31 Aug 2018 16:36

Stranded
Nameless

I doubt it is an "option" in the true sense. We can only loan now, so think of this as a perm signing but with a get out clause if the player doesn't settle etc..

I think his contract runs out at end of season so it would be daylight robbery

KentRoyal

by KentRoyal » 31 Aug 2018 16:36

Also he had a goal disallowed against Spain in world cup

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2018 18:14

Positives:
He's not small
He's energetic
Gets stuck in

Negatives
He dwells on the ball
Tries excessive tricks
Walks into challenegs
Loses it frequently
Can't shoot for toffee
The standard of opposition in the video looks apalling

Looks like a different sort of shit to what we have. :lol:

Welcome Said!

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 31 Aug 2018 20:11

Has potential to be exciting, but ultimately wasteful going forward, while competent as a defensive midfielder. Looks relatively low risk, and a nice age.

The Russian league is one covered by a surprisingly level of detail - understat include it as one of only 6 leagues they show more advanced metrics for. Stats for his 36 appearances over 3 seasons (1919 minutes) are available here

My takes on this:
- he likes to shoots from outside the box - only 7 of his 26 open play shots came from inside the box. His 2 goals however came from about 5 (from a corner) and 11 yards out.
- he likes to shoot from direct free kicks 30+ yards out (unsurprisingly, 0 goals from 7 attempts)
- he is not especially creative - 0 assists, with half a key pass and 0.4 expected assists per 90 (xA90). Low xGChain90 and xGBuildup90 suggest he wasn't often involved in moves which led to chance but I think that can be put down to being in a poor Amkar team averaging only 0.7 gals per game. I suspect it would also be true for most of our players!

Personally I quite enjoy watching a player drive forward with the ball from centre midfield. Threatening to hammer it into the top corner from 30 yards is also exciting, even if in reality it always balloons into the stands. He wins around 2/3 of his headers, completes about 70% of his passes, gets booked 1 in 5 games and has mostly okay defensive stats (which aren't hugely informative imo).

Welcome Saeid!

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 31 Aug 2018 22:09

RoyalBlue Might bring a potentially good player down to the level of Kelly at present!

I'm still waiting to see signs of potential from Kelly. 6 goals and 8 assists in 68 league appearances.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 31 Aug 2018 23:57

Jesus H Christ on a bike if this is the level of intel on which we've signed this player then god help us. It's got the makings of a Carl Asaba level fukk up from what I can see. Anyone think he's going to show up on December afternoon in Rotherham? No,me neither :|

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Sep 2018 00:46

Yep a video of him not being 100% perfection is absolutely shocking, you pricks crack me up sometimes.

But`s really not surprising for our idiots fans reputation for hammering players before they`ve even laced their fcuking boots for us,

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Sep 2018 00:52

Good to see he’s already been written off before he has made an appearance for the club. Let’s give him a chance shall we?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Sep 2018 00:55

windermereROYAL Yep a video of him not being 100% perfection is absolutely shocking, you pricks crack me up sometimes.

But`s really not surprising for our idiots fans reputation for hammering players before they`ve even laced their fcuking boots for us,

You beat me to it. He was part of an Iranian team that was very competitive in the World Cup Finals. He’s joining a club second from bottom in the second tier. Not quite sure what some on here are expecting.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Sep 2018 00:55

Snowflake Royal

The standard of opposition in the video looks apalling
!

Jesus. so you can see the standard of opposition by 10 second clips? I always had you down as one of the more intelligent posters on here .