BFTG - Weds H

252 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG - Weds H

by windermereROYAL » 01 Sep 2018 18:03

Almost forgotten what it`s like to win a game, the last time we played well and won is a distant memory.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Sep 2018 18:04

Can we clone Andy Yiadom?

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 01 Sep 2018 18:05

Controversially, I don’t think there is much wrong with either the technical ability or the work rate of the players. I think they are just in the habit of losing, have become used to misplaced passes, and are always taking the easy option. This started under Stam, and a change of manager has not arrested it.

(You could argue is started really goes all the way back to McDermott’s time in charge in the PL – he had limited players at his disposal so the fault is not all his but the club has arguably never really got back to the feeling that we are a club on the up that he (McDermott) manage to continue after the blip that was Rodgers).

But rather than just lash out at the manager or the recruitment team, I wonder if we have a sports psychologist. If we do, sack them ‘cause they’re sh1t and get a good one. If we haven’t, get a good one in as soon as possible.

Turning a team from a losing to a winning mentality is crucial thing now – we have the players we have and I can’t see any value in changing the manager.

(I will also admit Meyler is just unbelievable poor and Aluko, whilst not as bad as some would suggest, is still a massive waste of money).

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 01 Sep 2018 18:08

Armadillo Roadkill Controversially, I don’t think there is much wrong with either the technical ability or the work rate of the players. I think they are just in the habit of losing, have become used to misplaced passes, and are always taking the easy option. This started under Stam, and a change of manager has not arrested it.

(You could argue is started really goes all the way back to McDermott’s time in charge in the PL – he had limited players at his disposal so the fault is not all his but the club has arguably never really got back to the feeling that we are a club on the up that he (McDermott) manage to continue after the blip that was Rodgers).

But rather than just lash out at the manager or the recruitment team, I wonder if we have a sports psychologist. If we do, sack them ‘cause they’re sh1t and get a good one. If we haven’t, get a good one in as soon as possible.

Turning a team from a losing to a winning mentality is crucial thing now – we have the players we have and I can’t see any value in changing the manager.

(I will also admit Meyler is just unbelievable poor and Aluko, whilst not as bad as some would suggest, is still a massive waste of money).

Exactly my thinking.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Sep 2018 18:09

BBC Berks asked about the manager/owners relationship and PC basically said that lots of people could be doing better....

Impression also is that PC is not particularly impressed with the club’s inability to get players out, leaving him with a bloated squad, as well as thinking more could have been done inwardly.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Sep 2018 18:09

Armadillo Roadkill Controversially, I don’t think there is much wrong with either the technical ability or the work rate of the players. I think they are just in the habit of losing, have become used to misplaced passes, and are always taking the easy option. This started under Stam, and a change of manager has not arrested it.

+1 on all of that. We compete in every game. Where most average teams would claim a couple of wins from our performances, we bottle it and win zero

It’s a mental thing. We’re not a great technical side but mentally we are absolutely bottom of the table

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 01 Sep 2018 18:10

Sutekh BBC Berks asked about the manager/owners relationship and PC basically said that lots of people could be doing better....

Impression also is that PC is not particularly impressed with the club’s inability to get players out, leaving him with a bloated squad, as well as thinking more could have been done inwardly.

Is there a recording/video of the interview anywhere?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 Sep 2018 18:10

The problem with freaking out after every defeat is that when you get a performance like that one, the post-match freak out doesn't have any impact. So as someone who rarely criticised performances, calls for people to be dropped, etc., believe me when I say that first half was the worst I've seen us play for 15 years and that Meyler and Aluko are utter disasters.

Both management and recruitment has been shocking lately.

On a good day we have enough about us to stay up, but going down is a realistic prospect.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 01 Sep 2018 18:11

Hound

+1 on all of that. We compete in every game. Where most average teams would claim a couple of wins from our performances, we bottle it and win zero

It’s a mental thing. We’re not a great technical side but mentally we are absolutely bottom of the table

We've lost every game this year by 1 goal.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 01 Sep 2018 18:12

SCIAG The problem with freaking out after every defeat is that when you get a performance like that one, the post-match freak out doesn't have any impact. So as someone who rarely criticised performances, calls for people to be dropped, etc., believe me when I say that first half was the worst I've seen us play for 15 years and that Meyler and Aluko are utter disasters.

Both management and recruitment has been shocking lately.

On a good day we have enough about us to stay up, but going down is a realistic prospect.

Seriously??

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Sep 2018 18:13

Snowflake Royal Bacuna 3 Spent more time marking Moore than any Wednesday player.

Whatever I may have made of your posts in the past, you've redeemed yourself with this. :lol:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Sep 2018 18:15

As usual the Clement out brigade are all over social media, very predictable I suppose, but does sacking managers all the time solve a thing?
5 managers in 5 seasons has seen us struggle with the obvious exception of the play-off season its been a perenial struggle. I actually thought we were ok in the 2nd half today. we need to stick with Clement, I`m confident he can get it right, but the midfield is a HUGE problem, I`m surprised he couldn`t see this.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Sep 2018 18:16

Jagermesiter1871
Sutekh BBC Berks asked about the manager/owners relationship and PC basically said that lots of people could be doing better....

Is there a recording/video of the interview anywhere?

At some point in the next few hours the BBC Berks post match review should be available on the BBC radio iPlayer catch up.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Sep 2018 18:25

I genuinely don't think Clement is the problem, don't think he's much of a solution either, but I also don't think changing the manager AGAIN is going to have any positive affect.

Everyone said it couldn't get worse than it was under Stam. I do think we are a bit better than at the end under him, but it's not far off getting worse.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Sep 2018 18:26

That goal 10 seconds after half time is the exact moment I gave up on this team and manager. Just laughable and clueless.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 01 Sep 2018 18:40

Home to very avg team, we had one shot on goal in 1st, one in 2nd. Their keeper has faced the most shots in Champ this season.
Doesn’t know his best eleven. Blackett was better each week. Aluko in front of Gunter is too lightweight.
Meyler and Bacuna = no creativity, plus played too deep for home game. Bannan ran show in middle all day, we didn’t adjust.
HT team talks? Early triple substitutions?
Yiadom was good, Meite put in a shift.Caught Wed asleep at corner, Moore free header, but didn't push on.
Quiet, small crowd again (and Wed brought a few).
Seems little harmony between mgr and players.
Wed subs were Forestieri, Fletcher. Who do we have? O’Shea not even on bench. 30 players in our squad?
Wed wasted 10 mins at end, we helped by conceding free kicks and throws.
Felt like must-win, 6 pointer type of game. 2 pts from 18 this season, 2 wins in 14 for Clement.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Sep 2018 18:42

genome
CountryRoyal This is the year we go down isn’t it?

Seems so. I honestly can't see us amassing 50 points, can you?

Unfortunately it doesn’t help when we don’t play to our best, but we just don’t have the quality for this division. It’s early days but you have to say it doesn’t look good.

I can’t see 3 teams I can categorically state are worse than us.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Sep 2018 18:43

Liam Moore: ‘My goal was irrelevant. We lost the game so it doesn’t mean anything. There’s no point standing here and say we need to do this and that. We’re not doing well enough as a team or individuals. That includes me. We were clueless with ideas.’ #readingfc

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 01 Sep 2018 18:50

Not sure I have ever seen an RFC player show less effort, heart and fight than Meylor did today (and against Bolton)

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 01 Sep 2018 18:58

If we'd have played like we did for the last twenty minutes maybe it would have been a different outcome , but not to be.

We're clearly a club in turmoil, the players body language is plain to see for those of us that go every game.

It's going to be a long hard season.

Nothing typifies todays cesspit world of football like on the way home in the traffic , passing us up to the M4, Swift in his Bentley smiling, Bacuna in his top of the range £150 grand Range Rover laughing in his car with is WAG.

Greedy conning parasites the lot of them.

252 posts