BFTG - Weds H

252 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG - Weds H

by windermereROYAL » 01 Sep 2018 20:34

bobby1413 Seriously, 6 games... no wins... ????

SIX GAMES...

I haven't a clue where one will come from.

Also it is depressing how pooor our attendence and atmosphere is. Club 1871 doesn't help, but it's not the issue.

THe entire west stand seems deserted, maybe 30-40% populated. The North around 30% populated. Just seems to be so sparse. Depressing.

Surprising the crowds are dropping off after 3 wins in 32 isnt it?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Sep 2018 20:36

considering we’ve lost 4 out of 5 at home, plus the Palace thrashing, it’s surprising it’s as high as it is

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 01 Sep 2018 20:38

windermereROYAL
bobby1413 Seriously, 6 games... no wins... ????

SIX GAMES...

I haven't a clue where one will come from.

Also it is depressing how pooor our attendence and atmosphere is. Club 1871 doesn't help, but it's not the issue.

THe entire west stand seems deserted, maybe 30-40% populated. The North around 30% populated. Just seems to be so sparse. Depressing.

Surprising the crowds are dropping off after 3 wins in 32 isnt it?

Yes it is... :-(

I remember about 3-4 years ago getting regular gates of 20k, with west stand and north stand fairly well populated.

We must be lucky to be pushing 13-14000 now?

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 01 Sep 2018 20:51

windermereROYAL
Lower West
Zip Clement’s interview was sobering. He sounded totally beaten. I really want him to succeed but I think this is going to end unhappily for him.

Little point in changing the manager. Hopefully the Chinese owners aspirations are long term. What we need is continuity. To rebuild the club. Personally I like Clement very open and speaks his mind. If his job is safe, come what may. Then the future will seem brighter.

Totally agree, changing the manager every season hasn`t helped in the slightest as it since relegation from the PL. in fact it`s got worse, we really need to keep faith, I`m confident he`s the right man for the job.

Nah bollox, the problem is replacing failing managers with managers who play the exact same style of crap. Ex coaches who subscribe to some modern (now already outdated) style of possession football. Replace sh*t with identikit sh*t and nothing will ever change.

Hence why I was dead against Clement in the first place

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 01 Sep 2018 21:05

Hound I do have time for PC and often agree with decisions he has made. But he has dropped some real clangers recently, imo costing us the game against Blackburn and Bolton

We have to work harder at getting clean sheets. We’ve had one clean sheet this season and won the game.

Have some sympathy for him over the squad size. Just wtf is he going to do with the likes of Edwards, Popa, Clement, McCleary, Blackett etc when they are all fit. Can’t be good for team spirit at all

How'd you blame him for Blackburn,!?

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 01 Sep 2018 21:05

Even if we had a triumvirate of Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger and 2005 Steve Coppell as joint managers, this squad would still struggle to be more than mid-table.

We have exactly one defender who is above average for the league. A few promising midfielders but none of them effective as a DM. And we currently have no striker with any form in scoring goals at our level.

Also, lets not forget, around half the first team only started playing for us this season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Sep 2018 21:06

Just watching the highlights - wtf is Aluko doing on both goals? Why the hell is he so lazy and lacking in awareness? God he is awful

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Sep 2018 21:06

Jagermesiter1871
Hound I do have time for PC and often agree with decisions he has made. But he has dropped some real clangers recently, imo costing us the game against Blackburn and Bolton

We have to work harder at getting clean sheets. We’ve had one clean sheet this season and won the game.

Have some sympathy for him over the squad size. Just wtf is he going to do with the likes of Edwards, Popa, Clement, McCleary, Blackett etc when they are all fit. Can’t be good for team spirit at all

Playing McShane

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Sep 2018 21:08

John Madejski's Wallet
windermereROYAL
Lower West
Little point in changing the manager. Hopefully the Chinese owners aspirations are long term. What we need is continuity. To rebuild the club. Personally I like Clement very open and speaks his mind. If his job is safe, come what may. Then the future will seem brighter.

Totally agree, changing the manager every season hasn`t helped in the slightest as it since relegation from the PL. in fact it`s got worse, we really need to keep faith, I`m confident he`s the right man for the job.

Nah bollox, the problem is replacing failing managers with managers who play the exact same style of crap. Ex coaches who subscribe to some modern (now already outdated) style of possession football. Replace sh*t with identikit sh*t and nothing will ever change.

Lampard and Potter seem to be doing ok to name 2

We’ve changed the way we play quite a bit imo. 51% possession today. Under Stam that would be about 65%

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 01 Sep 2018 21:15

Elm Park Kid Even if we had a triumvirate of Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger and 2005 Steve Coppell as joint managers, this squad would still struggle to be more than mid-table.

We have exactly one defender who is above average for the league. A few promising midfielders but none of them effective as a DM.

We finished 3rd two seasons ago.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Sep 2018 21:15

isnt the next home game a midweek fixture which means a live stream on Sky. Could mean the attendance will be down below 10k

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 01 Sep 2018 21:23

Hound
Jagermesiter1871

Playing McShane

I mean he is an extremely experienced club captain. You can't really expect him to single handily throw the game.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Sep 2018 21:31

Jagermesiter1871
Hound
Jagermesiter1871

Playing McShane

I mean he is an extremely experienced club captain. You can't really expect him to single handily throw the game.

He brought him back into the team despite Moore being better and Ilori being on form. You absolutely can blame him for that.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Sep 2018 21:37

NewCorkSeth
Jagermesiter1871
Hound
Playing McShane

He brought him back into the team despite Moore being better and Ilori being on form. You absolutely can blame him for that.

100%.

Plus I for one wasn’t in the slightest bit surorised that’s this “extremely experienced club captain” threw the game. He’s always been a bit of a liability at times but he’s been properly shit for ages.

Clement deserves to shoulder as much blame for our predicament as the players and the board and everyone in between. He certainly hasn’t done much to mitigate our poor situation.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 01 Sep 2018 21:41

I am totally gobsmacked with the absolute joke of a team at this present time.
I won’t even bother with a back from the game

How on earth do players like Meite start. Toatally bemused.
(Shame because it’s a lovely song about him.);

Personally I would sack the lot and get the youth team in.
Couldn’t do any worse than the shower of shit we have at the moment :|

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 01 Sep 2018 21:50

Zip
Lower West
Zip Clement’s interview was sobering. He sounded totally beaten. I really want him to succeed but I think this is going to end unhappily for him.

He tells it how it is but he must change our style of play. Every opposition team is more efficient than we are at moving the ball forward out of defence. It’s painful to watch us.

We have no midfield general in the squad.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Sep 2018 21:52

John Madejski's Wallet
windermereROYAL
Lower West

That might be relevant if Clement still had us pissing about with it at the back in a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1. But he doesn't. We're far more direct than we've been in years and we're playing two upfront with wingers. The problem is we're utter shit. It's got sweet FA to do with what style we play.

Good managers are hard to find. Good managers who can come in and turn a clusterfuck around on a budget are like hens teeth.

How many managers do we have to go through before we realise the problem is not the manager?

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 01 Sep 2018 21:53

Sutekh isnt the next home game a midweek fixture which means a live stream on Sky. Could mean the attendance will be down below 10k

The Sky midweek stream will stop some away fans, and home fans, attending. But sadly that is football. That is Sky.

We will still get over 10k for the midweek game (against Norwich). But without doubt the Sky coverage will impact the crowd. Financially however, it is little or minimal impact to RFC.

Back on to today. Horrific. The club is in a total freespin downward spiral. Clement is not good enough. Most of the players look dis-interested. The crowd 'seems' dis-interested. The whole vibe has gone. It feels like a club moving towards the third tier and there is little that anyone is doing to stop this. Actually took a brand new fan today....paid 28 quid to become a member, and purchase a match ticket.
You don't want to know what he thought of today.

Clement spouted on about our "30 strong squad" after the game today. Sadly, a lot of those players are league one standard and/or are currently performing below 100%. And the crowd realise this, some folks haven't renewed this season, and when you listen to fans leaving after games you just sense that there is a negative feeling about the place.

The answer ? Sadly it might require yet another change in management. A right nasty hard bas**** that will bully our players into getting stuck in. Or we stick with PC and hope and pray that he can turn these under-achievers into players that our proud to wear the shirt. In my opinion, having seen every home league and cup game this season, the players simply don't seem good enough ot are not putting in 100%. And as the transfer window has closed, we are in for a nasty horrible next 8 months.

Rant over.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Sep 2018 21:59

Snowflake Royal
John Madejski's Wallet
windermereROYAL Totally agree, changing the manager every season hasn`t helped in the slightest as it since relegation from the PL. in fact it`s got worse, we really need to keep faith, I`m confident he`s the right man for the job.

That might be relevant if Clement still had us pissing about with it at the back in a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1. But he doesn't. We're far more direct than we've been in years and we're playing two upfront with wingers. The problem is we're utter shit. It's got sweet FA to do with what style we play.

Good managers are hard to find. Good managers who can come in and turn a clusterfuck around on a budget are like hens teeth.

How many managers do we have to go through before we realise the problem is not the manager?

My problem is we are shit at playing direct. Bod is pretty poor at winning headers and our midfield are woeful at winning second balls. Swift, Kelly and Bacuna are, imo, our best midfielders and all of them lack the positional discipline to win those second balls.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 01 Sep 2018 22:05

Snowflake Royal
John Madejski's Wallet
windermereROYAL Totally agree, changing the manager every season hasn`t helped in the slightest as it since relegation from the PL. in fact it`s got worse, we really need to keep faith, I`m confident he`s the right man for the job.

what is the problem from your perspective?

how can we fix it?

252 posts