BFTG - Weds H

252 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

BFTG - Weds H

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Sep 2018 17:12

That. Was Abysmal.

Forget that we were all over them first half. Forget Barrow's glaring miss. Forget the unbelievably poor ref. Forget the consolation goal. That was a horror show of disorganised, half arsed moronic ineptitude of the highest order.

Mannone - 6 bang average which makes him one of our POTS contenders
Gunter 5 typically insipid
Yiadom 6 ok but always exposed
Moore 7 goes awol, but at least he scored and seems committed
Ilori 6 ok
Meyler 3 utter abomination of a player. Can't run, can't tackle, can't pass, can't shoot, can't mark. You might as well play me, I can't do any of that to a professional level either and I'll not do it for £40k a year.
Bacuna 3 Spent more time marking Moore than any Wednesday player. Midfield is key, you've got to be organised, have vision, pick your pass and follow your man, work with your partner. With him and Meyler we may as well have had no midfield... in fact we frequently did.
Aluko 0 If I ever see him play for Reading FC again it'll be too soon. It's a toss up as to whether I'd rather gauge (sp? ) my eyes out with a spoon. Some technique and pace do not a professional footballer make. Fukwit. Useless fukwit with no positional discipline or idea how to play football.
Barrow 3 He has to be a clone using very inferior technology to Dolly the Sheep. Utterlly woeful today.
Baldock 5 energetic and better than us, but not going to create or score many.
Meite 6 very limited, but big, strong and enthusiastic

Sims 7 quick and direct, ran at people rather than dawdled about doing nothing
Kelly 6 twice the player of any other midfielder at Reading and still mediocre
McNulty 5 well he tried to breakaway a few times but apparently no one knows how to play a good pass. At least he forced a save.

Clement. Good changes. Expected midfield but if he playa it again it should be an instant dismissal. Same with Aluko.

And wtf was that start to the second half? Why does every team to play us always have 5 yards of space on the ball and a player or two spare? Whu does no one get tight or try to challenge for the ball? Seriously, with that attitude from them grow a pair, drop the kunts and play Rinomhota, Frost, East, Holsgrove... at least they have an excuse for being uttertly outclassed.

My knee is jerking like oxf*rd right now, but I'm calling it. This side is down. They're gutless, disorganised and have zero quality.
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 01 Sep 2018 17:33, edited 1 time in total.

Davezk

Re: BFTG - Weds H

by Davezk » 01 Sep 2018 17:16

Snowflake Royal Rant placeholder.... this is going to take a while.

I look forward to it.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Sep 2018 17:29

So. We were shocking. We are shocking. So shocking that it no longer shocks me.

Mannone looks half the keeper he was last season (he wasn't great to begin with)

Gunter has waltzed back into a team in a position where we are arguably strongest right now.

Yiadom was shunted out left and did a job. But he's our best RB by absolute miles.

Moore and Ilori are good players who are made look average by the woeful tactics and piss poor midfield ahead of them.

Meyler can go join Edwards in purgatory. Easily the worst player on the pitch today. Probably the worst player on several pitches today.

Bacuna is fine. Good delivery on the corner for Moore's goal. Keep him on corners and wide free kicks.

Aluko is woeful. Abysmal. He needs to be put with the under 23s for a bit. Humble up and start doing his job. No more corners from him please.

Barrow isn't fit is he? He had little pace on him today. I feel bad for him stuck with this shite.

Meite is just not good enough as a striker. He's fine as a winger. Play him as a winger.

Baldock can't shoot. Amazingly we bought a striker who can't shoot.

Clement is worse than Stam. By far. How many goals is that in the first 5 minutes after half time now? It's seems like a lot. 21 league goals conceded after halftime in his short reign? Pretty clear he can't lead a team to any sort of success. The owners should start advertising the job now and get conversations going with a replacement because we are going to need one soon.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Sep 2018 17:30

This is the year we go down isn’t it?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 01 Sep 2018 17:31

NewCorkSeth So. We were shocking. We are shocking. So shocking that it no longer shocks me.

Mannone looks half the keeper he was last season (he wasn't great to begin with)

Gunter has waltzed back into a team in a position where we are arguably strongest right now.

Yiadom was shunted out left and did a job. But he's our best RB by absolute miles.

Moore and Ilori are good players who are made look average by the woeful tactics and piss poor midfield ahead of them.

Meyler can go join Edwards in purgatory. Easily the worst player on the pitch today. Probably the worst player on several pitches today.

Bacuna is fine. Good delivery on the corner for Moore's goal. Keep him on corners and wide free kicks.

Aluko is woeful. Abysmal. He needs to be put with the under 23s for a bit. Humble up and start doing his job. No more corners from him please.

Barrow isn't fit is he? He had little pace on him today. I feel bad for him stuck with this shite.

Meite is just not good enough as a striker. He's fine as a winger. Play him as a winger.

Clement is worse than Stam. By far. How many goals is that in the first 5 minutes after half time now? It's seems like a lot. 21 league goals conceded after halftime in his short reign? Pretty clear he can't lead a team to any sort of success. The owners should start advertising the job now and get conversations going with a replacement because we are going to need one soon.

Na, you're wrong.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 01 Sep 2018 17:32

NewCorkSeth So. We were shocking. We are shocking. So shocking that it no longer shocks me.

Blimey. I think I must have dictated this to you. My thoughts exactly.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 Sep 2018 17:33

What can be said? Both goals were terrible, they got through our defence like it wasn't there and we conceded after half time again, this time right from kick off.

Then we played a bit better but what's the point when already 2-0 down?

Aluko can oxf*rd off, basically playing with ten men, hell, make that nine with how Meyler played, slowed down the play, misplaced passes the lot.

Strikers I feel for a bit as they're getting no service but was it Baldock that missed the clear shot in the first half?

Clement says it takes ten games to know how the season will go but he'll be lucky to make it that far

Berry

by Berry » 01 Sep 2018 17:35

It was all Stams fault wasn't it!!!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Sep 2018 17:43

Berry It was all Stams fault wasn't it!!!

How many games without a win under him at the end? Clement has some way to top that. Stam did well more than his fair share to put us where we are.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Sep 2018 17:49

Snowflake Royal

How many games without a win under him at the end? Clement has some way to top that. Stam did well more than his fair share to put us where we are.

In a row? 9. Clement has beaten that already.

Berry

by Berry » 01 Sep 2018 17:50

Clements not far behind....Hey we could not win another game...Can you see where any points are coming from...We are abysmal at home, pretty abysmal away, yes new manager, a few cheap additions to the squad and its groundhog day....

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Sep 2018 17:52

CountryRoyal This is the year we go down isn’t it?

Seems so. I honestly can't see us amassing 50 points, can you?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Sep 2018 17:52

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal

Was it 1 in 18/19 then? oxf*rd me it was so bad it felt like none.

Btw, We beat Brum in the cup, so he hasn't. :wink:

CavershamRoyal

by CavershamRoyal » 01 Sep 2018 17:53

First half was as bad as I could remember in a while, we had a lot of the ball and did nothing with it. Couldn't pick a pass in the final third. Seemed to only have one chance of note at the end, can't remember who it was but looked like he should've scored from Y19.

Their goal was well worked but we made it very easy, they were passing it around like Barcelona at times.

Second half started calamitously, the lack of concentration was appalling. We at least showed some fight at the end, but it was too little too late. Moore's goal was well finished though, right in the top corner.

Yiadom was probably the only player who played 'well', I think he did a very good job at LB. Prefer Gunter/Yiadom to Yiadom/Blackett.

At least Clement tried to change things, but the triple sub and putting Moore up front did show that it was pretty desperate stuff.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 01 Sep 2018 17:56

Snowflake Royal That. Was Abysmal.

Forget that we were all over them first half. Forget Barrow's glaring miss. Forget the unbelievably poor ref. Forget the consolation goal. That was a horror show of disorganised, half arsed moronic ineptitude of the highest order.

Ilori 6 ok
Meyler 3 utter abomination of a player. Can't run, can't tackle, can't pass, can't shoot, can't mark. You might as well play me, I can't do any of that to a professional level either and I'll not do it for £40k a year.
Bacuna 3 Spent more time marking Moore than any Wednesday player. Midfield is key, you've got to be organised, have vision, pick your pass and follow your man, work with your partner. With him and Meyler we may as well have had no midfield... in fact we frequently did.
Aluko 0 If I ever see him play for Reading FC again it'll be too soon. It's a toss up as to whether I'd rather gauge (sp? ) my eyes out with a spoon. Some technique and pace do not a professional footballer make. Fukwit. Useless fukwit with no positional discipline or idea how to play football.
Barrow 3 He has to be a clone using very inferior technology to Dolly the Sheep. Utterlly woeful today.

McNulty 5 well he tried to breakaway a few times but apparently no one knows how to play a good pass. At least he forced a save.

Clement. Good changes. Expected midfield but if he playa it again it should be an instant dismissal. Same with Aluko.

And wtf was that start to the second half? Why does every team to play us always have 5 yards of space on the ball and a player or two spare? Whu does no one get tight or try to challenge for the ball? Seriously, with that attitude from them grow a pair, drop the kunts and play Rinomhota, Frost, East, Holsgrove... at least they have an excuse for being uttertly outclassed.

My knee is jerking like oxf*rd right now, but I'm calling it. This side is down. They're gutless, disorganised and have zero quality.

Says it was abysmal and then scores 7 players over 5.....

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Sep 2018 17:57

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal How many games without a win under him at the end? Clement has some way to top that. Stam did well more than his fair share to put us where we are.

Was it 1 in 18/19 then? oxf*rd me it was so bad it felt like none.

Btw, We beat Brum in the cup, so he hasn't. :wink:

I had honestly already forgotten that. Ah well he probably won't last long enough to get the chance to beat Stams 9 games.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Sep 2018 17:58

Apparently the owners were at the game today. Not that we’ll hear a squeak out of them though.

Clement should not have fiddled about with the team line up. Should have been the same as lined up v Villa though if Bod is injured then Meite is possibly the obvious replacement.

Aluko and Meyler. Why? How on earth have either of these two made it into the professional game. Rather see Reading play some youngsters in those roles if they don’t have anyone else as anything is better that what they do.

Then there’s stories you hear of Ron Gourlay’s influence, is it any coincidence I wonder that the playing side has sunk without trace since his appointment?

Next up, the usually pointless long trek to Preston. Will Reading’s new “11 games in 3 years for my last club” Iranian international make any difference to the side? Bet you’re all not holding your breath on that one.

Going to be a long season.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 01 Sep 2018 17:59

CavershamRoyal First half was as bad as I could remember in a while, we had a lot of the ball and did nothing with it. Couldn't pick a pass in the final third. Seemed to only have one chance of note at the end, can't remember who it was but looked like he should've scored from Y19.

Their goal was well worked but we made it very easy, they were passing it around like Barcelona at times.

Second half started calamitously, the lack of concentration was appalling. We at least showed some fight at the end, but it was too little too late. Moore's goal was well finished though, right in the top corner.

Yiadom was probably the only player who played 'well', I think he did a very good job at LB. Prefer Gunter/Yiadom to Yiadom/Blackett.

At least Clement tried to change things, but the triple sub and putting Moore up front did show that it was pretty desperate stuff.

Absolutely - but 2nd half other than their goal it was all one way traffic. We can't bloody score. and consistently switch off straight after half time.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Sep 2018 18:00

Sutekh Apparently the owners were at the game today. Not that we’ll hear a squeak out of them though.

Clement should not have fiddled about with the team line up. Should have been the same as lined up v Villa though if Bod is injured then Meite is possibly the obvious replacement.

Aluko and Meyler. Why? How on earth have either of these two made it into the professional game. Rather see Reading play some youngsters in those roles if they don’t have anyone else as anything is better that what they do.

Then there’s stories you hear of Ron Gourlay’s influence, is it any coincidence I wonder that the playing side has sunk without trace since his appointment?

Next up, the usually pointless long trek to Preston. Will Reading’s new “11 games in 3 years for my last club” Iranian international make any difference to the side? Bet you’re all not holding your breath on that one.

Going to be a long season.

If he can run he will be an upgrade on Meyler already..

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Sep 2018 18:02

Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal That. Was Abysmal.

Ilori 6 ok

Says it was abysmal and then scores 7 players over 5.....
You need to understand I very very rarely rate anyone below a 4/5, so to have our entire starting midfield at 3 or less is just a weensy bit of a condemnation.

252 posts