Team for Preston (A)

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Team for Preston (A)

by Lower West » 08 Sep 2018 21:29

Snowflake Royal As for walking red card? Berg played 63 times for Reading in the league and got sent off once ffs.

18 yellow cards in 68 appearances. More than one way to miss games.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Sep 2018 22:20

Lower West
Snowflake Royal As for walking red card? Berg played 63 times for Reading in the league and got sent off once ffs.

18 yellow cards in 68 appearances. More than one way to miss games.

Although not, in fact, a walking red card.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 08 Sep 2018 23:42

Lower West
Snowflake Royal Meyler - 2 (WTAF?)

That's harsh. In his time at RFC JVB was a walking red card or gifted goal. Meyler is a step up.

If Meyler is a step up then we really are fukked.

106society

by 106society » 09 Sep 2018 11:11

.................Walker
Yiadom Ilori Moore Blackett
Barrow Ezatolahi Bacuna Meite
Baldock Bodvarsson

Subs
Mannone, McShane, Gunter, Meyler, Sims, McNulty, Swift

I feel we need balance on left with left footed players. Please bring back the huddle for communication I feel each time players arrive on the pitch they are introducing themselves to one another each week. I liked Englands free kick against Panama each outfield player discussed the routine again great communication what going to do and position to be in resulting in the goal. Reading players lack concentration all game. Examples: Sheffield Wed where queuing up to score for their 1st goal and opponents always seem to score just after half time, please address.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 10 Sep 2018 08:44

72 bus
Lower West
Snowflake Royal Meyler - 2 (WTAF?)

That's harsh. In his time at RFC JVB was a walking red card or gifted goal. Meyler is a step up.

If Meyler is a step up then we really are fukked.

I put Meyler in my team due to lack of knowledge of the new guy and dont trust Bacuna there. Hoping the Iranian gets up to speed soon so we can see what he's about.
Meyler has played 5 games gone and people are writing him off. Yes he has not had the greatest start but realistically who has.

SmellyAli

by SmellyAli » 12 Sep 2018 23:40

Van Der Kwak
Kerr
Bikey
Khizanishvili
Richardson
Kebe
Caskey
Gooding
Convey
Goater
Manset

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Sep 2018 08:29

Walker

Yiadom
Ilori
Moore
Gunter (LB)

Ezatolahi
Bacuna
Swift

Sims
Bodvarsson
Barrow

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 13 Sep 2018 15:44

Old Man Andrews Walker

Yiadom
Ilori
Moore
Gunter (LB)

Ezatolahi
Bacuna
Swift

Sims
Bodvarsson
Barrow

a.n.other for Ezatolahi - he's still in Paris getting his visa sorted out and won't be in the UK till probably Saturday. Desperate and all as our midfield is, I can hardly see him being helicoptered to Preston from the airport and lobbed straight on.

It will probably be Kelly.

Would like to see Walker, but think that's unlikely.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Sep 2018 16:01

Hypothetically speaking of course, but do you think we’d do significantly worse if we just fielded one less player?

I’m not sure we would.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Sep 2018 16:10

CountryRoyal Hypothetically speaking of course, but do you think we’d do significantly worse if we just fielded one less player?

I’m not sure we would.

We're pretty used to playing with 10 every time Aluko gets named in the side, so doubt there'd be much difference.

But obvs depends which player you take out

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Sep 2018 16:15

Hound
CountryRoyal Hypothetically speaking of course, but do you think we’d do significantly worse if we just fielded one less player?

I’m not sure we would.

We're pretty used to playing with 10 every time Aluko gets named in the side, so doubt there'd be much difference.

But obvs depends which player you take out

Well exactly my thinking, same thing can be said for Meyler. There are too many players who just don’t do enough i really suspect we’d struggle to tell if they weren’t involved.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Sep 2018 18:42

4-4-1-1

Walker

Yiadom
Illori
Moore
Blackett

Sims
Kelly
Bacuna
Barrow

Swift

Bodvarsson

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Sep 2018 19:13

SmellyAli Van Der Kwak
Kerr
Bikey
Khizanishvili
Richardson
Kebe
Caskey
Gooding
Convey
Goater
Manset

Interesting mix of quality and shite.

Urzzz216

by Urzzz216 » 13 Sep 2018 22:20

SCIAG We need two wingers and Sims must play. No idea about the new guy's fitness so sub him in for Rinomhota if fit. Also want Gunter to stay in the team, he and Yiadom were the only people to emerge from today with any credit.

Either:

Mannone; Gunter, Ilori, Moore, Yiadom; Sims, Rinomhota, Swift, Barrow; Bodvarsson, Baldock
Subs: Walker, McIntyre, Richards, Bacuna, Kelly, Meite, McNulty

Or:

Mannone; Gunter, Ilori, Moore, Yiadom; Rinomhota, Kelly, Bacuna; Sims, Bodvarsson, Barrow
Subs: Walker, McIntyre, Richards, Swift, Frost, Meite, Baldock

Don't really think Meite is good enough and Blackett doesn't deserve to miss the bench but needed some balance. Keep Aluko, Meyler, and McShane away from the team.

Few weeks ago I said I didn't think any of our young players had a chance of breaking through and I don't even especially rate Rinomhota or Frost, but they'll show for the ball and won't be afraid to try things.

Which Gunter have you been watching play

Urzzz216

by Urzzz216 » 13 Sep 2018 22:26

SCIAG We need two wingers and Sims must play. No idea about the new guy's fitness so sub him in for Rinomhota if fit. Also want Gunter to stay in the team, he and Yiadom were the only people to emerge from today with any credit.

Either:

Mannone; Gunter, Ilori, Moore, Yiadom; Sims, Rinomhota, Swift, Barrow; Bodvarsson, Baldock
Subs: Walker, McIntyre, Richards, Bacuna, Kelly, Meite, McNulty

Or:

Mannone; Gunter, Ilori, Moore, Yiadom; Rinomhota, Kelly, Bacuna; Sims, Bodvarsson, Barrow
Subs: Walker, McIntyre, Richards, Swift, Frost, Meite, Baldock

Don't really think Meite is good enough and Blackett doesn't deserve to miss the bench but needed some balance. Keep Aluko, Meyler, and McShane away from the team.

Few weeks ago I said I didn't think any of our young players had a chance of breaking through and I don't even especially rate Rinomhota or Frost, but they'll show for the ball and won't be afraid to try things.

Which Gunter have you been watching play