12%
Ian Royal
12%

Total votes: 139
maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Clement

by maffff » 21 Sep 2018 20:52

Snowflake Royal Yeah, it's not Ilori or Moore that's the problem. It's the shower in the middle of the park I don't want them anywhere near.

Fair.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Sep 2018 21:14

maffff
CountryRoyal If we’re playing 3 CBs then Blackett’s best position is left sided centre back out of 3.

People have been saying he's injured though?

Is he? Not going to lie I’m struggling to pay attention to what’s going on too much. Just want this season to be over.

Delboy

by Delboy » 22 Sep 2018 11:07

Lose against Hull at home will he be sacked, we have a big squad he can not keep making excuses ! Did not win any pre season games, only won 1 in 8 league games, no clean sheets.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 22 Sep 2018 12:52

Delboy Lose against Hull at home will he be sacked, we have a big squad he can not keep making excuses !

Who is going to want the job (other than for the money) ?

Squad size is irrelevant. I feel sorry for Clement. As there's no structure or cohesion to this squad at all. A real bunch of misfits.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Sep 2018 13:55

Lower West
Delboy Lose against Hull at home will he be sacked, we have a big squad he can not keep making excuses !

Squad size is irrelevant. I feel sorry for Clement. As there's no structure or cohesion to this squad at all. A real bunch of misfits.

Indeed, and his keystone signing has proved to be just as much of a charlatan as Aluko.

Remember when we bought on attitude first, ability second and reputation a distant third? Now it seems we don't even consider attitude.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 23 Sep 2018 20:23

Snowflake Royal
Lower West

Indeed, and his keystone signing has proved to be just as much of a charlatan as Aluko.

Remember when we bought on attitude first, ability second and reputation a distant third? Now it seems we don't even consider attitude.

Who are you talking about here?

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 23 Sep 2018 20:32

URZZZZZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
Lower West

Andy Yiadom...Ian's a bit of an old racist which is a bit of a shame in 2018

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Sep 2018 21:27

URZZZZZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
Lower West

Meyler. IMO he was the guy who was supposed to come in and add steel to midfield, steady the ship and anchor everything together.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Sep 2018 21:32

Currist Ian

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 23 Sep 2018 22:43

Lower West

Was told in here recently that that’s why Clement took it. That he’d been out of mgt a while (why?) and needed the money.

Be that as it may, they may like what they do, but it’s their job, they have families and bills, etc, so financial package and agreeing terms is a factor. If a club does that, they can get someone in, and sometimes it’s who they really want.

We’ve had rough few years, but other clubs have issues too. If I’m following you, what jobs in the Champ do you consider way more attractive?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 24 Sep 2018 02:04

Great management of the club so far from Clement. Slowly slowly he is turning our fortunes around. He understands the problems and he is looking for the solutions. Looking at his signings, he has actually done well so far.

Yiadom - Sensational signing
Baldock - Continuing to improve and making more impact each week
McNulty - Was a low risk gamble on a lower division player. We have nothing to lose with this.
Meyler - Has been poor so far
Ezatolahi - Brought in because Meyler has been poor. This guy looks like he may have solved the problem that Meyler was supposed to be the solution for. A decent start for Eza, and it looks like there is much more to come from him as he settles into UK life and tunes in with his team mates and how they play.
Sidoel - One for the future. Probably not a Clement decision
Sims - Has made an impact in every game. How Aluko has kept him out for so long really does stump me. Sims has nailed down his first team place as far as I'm concerned and looks like a very good signing.
O'Shea - He's not past it just yet. He may be slow but his class is evident. A great man to have around the place and can still do a job for us even if we need two faster centre backs either side of him to mop up what goes in behind.
Walker - Solid performances from this young man.

I think Clement is doing a great job. He needs time, patience and our support. We have to back this guy all the way. He is brutally honest. He knows what he is doing. He's a great coach. And let's be realistic, changing managers so often is just a recipe for disaster. We have a talented coach in Clement and we just have to back this guy.

THE TURNAROUND IS HAPPENING. WE WILL NOT GO DOWN WITH CLEMENT AT THE HELM. He showed on Saturday that he is not afraid to make the big decisions and shake things up. He's given lads like Aluko and Gunter a chance. If they want to get back in the first 11 then they will have to step up big time. And thats the way it should be.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 24 Sep 2018 05:37

Top Flight Great management of the club so far from Clement. Slowly slowly he is turning our fortunes around. He understands the problems and he is looking for the solutions. Looking at his signings, he has actually done well so far.

Yiadom - Sensational signing
Baldock - Continuing to improve and making more impact each week
McNulty - Was a low risk gamble on a lower division player. We have nothing to lose with this.
Meyler - Has been poor so far
Ezatolahi - Brought in because Meyler has been poor. This guy looks like he may have solved the problem that Meyler was supposed to be the solution for. A decent start for Eza, and it looks like there is much more to come from him as he settles into UK life and tunes in with his team mates and how they play.
Sidoel - One for the future. Probably not a Clement decision
Sims - Has made an impact in every game. How Aluko has kept him out for so long really does stump me. Sims has nailed down his first team place as far as I'm concerned and looks like a very good signing.
O'Shea - He's not past it just yet. He may be slow but his class is evident. A great man to have around the place and can still do a job for us even if we need two faster centre backs either side of him to mop up what goes in behind.
Walker - Solid performances from this young man.

I think Clement is doing a great job. He needs time, patience and our support. We have to back this guy all the way. He is brutally honest. He knows what he is doing. He's a great coach. And let's be realistic, changing managers so often is just a recipe for disaster. We have a talented coach in Clement and we just have to back this guy.

THE TURNAROUND IS HAPPENING. WE WILL NOT GO DOWN WITH CLEMENT AT THE HELM. He showed on Saturday that he is not afraid to make the big decisions and shake things up. He's given lads like Aluko and Gunter a chance. If they want to get back in the first 11 then they will have to step up big time. And thats the way it should be.

Maybe a bit too positive but hopefully you are correct.

I think Birmingham have to go down this season. They have been abysmal for years. Ipswich also look a shambles after Mick left. Rotherham are also always a good bet for the drop too.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Oct 2018 10:31

Brain Traysers I think stick with him for the next 6 games at least - if results haven't picked up by then its time to reevaluate.

Time to re-evaluate. The implication from RG in his interview with Tim last month was that these 6 games might well be a key point for the club.

Is 7 points from 18 acceptable? Perhaps if the games had been against the likes of Leeds, Middlesbrough, SheffU etc. but not really when it’s been the run that Reading have had and on top of it the home form is just a disgrace.

Personally I think Paul Clement will still be in charge for Millwall in 2 weeks but if that and then the Brum game turn out to be yet another shower of unpleasantness I think it’ll all be over and RG will be looking for the next fall guy.

Last edited by Sutekh on 07 Oct 2018 10:37, edited 1 time in total.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Oct 2018 10:36

Sutekh
Brain Traysers I think stick with him for the next 6 games at least - if results haven't picked up by then its time to reevaluate.

Time to re-evaluate. The implication from RG in his interview with Tim last month was that these 6 games might well be a key point for the club.

Is 7 points from 18 acceptable? Perhaps if the games had been against the likes of Leeds, Middlesbrough, SheffU etc. but not really when it’s been the run that Reading have had and on top of it the home form is just a disgrace.

Personally I think Paul Clement will still be in charge for Millwall in 2 weeks but if that and then the Brum game turn out to be yet another shower of unpleasantness I think it’ll all be over and RG will be looking for the next fall guy.

It was the QPR game that did it for me. A big opportunity to win again and open up daylight with the bottom three but his team selection and formation was so poor and the team started the game with a whimper against opposition in really poor form.

Millwall is huge. We have to win that game. Millwall will scrap. We have to do the same. Even though I think Clement should go I hope he can turn it around. He is a thoroughly decent man but I am far from convinced he can motivate this lot.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Oct 2018 12:08

Same problems as every other manager we've had for years.

Doesn't know his best team (because the players are such gutless inconsistent performers)
Doesn't know his best shape (see above)
Constantly let down by his medical team and the players' fitness
Regularly let down by his scouting and recruitment colleagues.
Insufficiently experienced in management having not worked his way up.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Oct 2018 13:27

If games had finished at HT this season we would have 16 points and be 2 points off the playoffs. Second half performances with the exception of Preston (A) this season have been abysmal. Fitness? Team talk? Clement tactics? Subs? Probably all of them.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Oct 2018 14:09

Its becoming a self fulfilling prophecy.

We know we're shit second half, the opposition know we're shit second half. So we choke and they push.

I highly doubt team talk has anything to do with it. Yeah, you might be able to gee people up to give more sometimes, or give some positive tactical change. But we don't change approach at half time.

The players are responsible once they cross that white line, and time and again they're letting us down, they're letting Clement down and they're letting each other down.

Clement certainly isn't doing well or getting things very right, but his options (many that there are) are for the most part equally unimpressive and unreliable.

Who have our best performers been this season?
Bodvarsson, Yiadom, Ilori, Moore, Sims, Baldock, Swift and Ezatolahi. Half are Clement signings and one was brought in very quickly to replace a failed signing. That speaks positively to me of a long term rebuild.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 Oct 2018 15:12

Snowflake Royal Its becoming a self fulfilling prophecy.

We know we're shit second half, the opposition know we're shit second half. So we choke and they push.

I highly doubt team talk has anything to do with it. Yeah, you might be able to gee people up to give more sometimes, or give some positive tactical change. But we don't change approach at half time.

The players are responsible once they cross that white line, and time and again they're letting us down, they're letting Clement down and they're letting each other down.

Clement certainly isn't doing well or getting things very right, but his options (many that there are) are for the most part equally unimpressive and unreliable.

Who have our best performers been this season?
Bodvarsson, Yiadom, Ilori, Moore, Sims, Baldock, Swift and Ezatolahi. Half are Clement signings and one was brought in very quickly to replace a failed signing. That speaks positively to me of a long term rebuild.

It doesn't take a lot to be one of our best performers this season does it? And Yiadom has been very disappointing recently. Very few positive signs short or long from my perspective.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 07 Oct 2018 15:40

BR0B0T
URZZZZZZZZ
Snowflake Royal Indeed, and his keystone signing has proved to be just as much of a charlatan as Aluko.

Snowflake Royal, you should be ashamed of yourself. Racism has no place on this board and no place in 2018. If you want to hold such outdates and frankly disgusting views like that, please move to Texas or Burnley where you will fit right in.

You should apologise to all of our Non-Caucasian members.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 08 Oct 2018 11:44

Kulshaw72RFC
BR0B0T
URZZZZZZZZ

Snowflake Royal, you should be ashamed of yourself. Racism has no place on this board and no place in 2018. If you want to hold such outdates and frankly disgusting views like that, please move to Texas or Burnley where you will fit right in.

You should apologise to all of our Non-Caucasian members.

Definitely DD.

880 posts