Oxf*rd off Maff
12%
Ian Royal
12%

Total votes: 139
Old Man Andrews

Re: Clement

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Nov 2018 11:42

The silence from McShane is deafening. The guy used to be full of beans on social media etc, completely went off the radar post Blackburn. Strange situation.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Nov 2018 11:44

leon
Old Man Andrews
Hoop Blah
McShane and O'Shea are both much of a muchness, and neither a satisfactory upgrade on Ilori really. It's just style and, in O'Shea's case, perhaps the impact he can have on those around him.

Really hope someone has the balls to press Clement on McShane. He clearly wasn't injured, McShane was being punished for something in my opinion. Maybe something happened in the aftermath of the Blackburn game?

Something happened when he was at Hull I recall..

Yep, you're spot on.

I think behind his happy go lucky exteria McShane is a bit of a prick to work with.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30588227

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 05 Nov 2018 12:38

Old Man Andrews
leon
Old Man Andrews
Really hope someone has the balls to press Clement on McShane. He clearly wasn't injured, McShane was being punished for something in my opinion. Maybe something happened in the aftermath of the Blackburn game?

Something happened when he was at Hull I recall..

Yep, you're spot on.

I think behind his happy go lucky exteria McShane is a bit of a prick to work with.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30588227

That row with Bruce was because he tweeted about his lack of game time, and got chucked into U21s till he apologised. Then, instead of apologising, he started liking and retweeting other tweets about his exclusion from the squad!

Maybe this time, somebody has taken away his phone, so he doesn't do the same again.

I can't remember where it was, but I'm sure I saw an interview with him once where he said he'd never really trusted any manager he'd worked with.

So, I agree, not the easiest.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Nov 2018 14:22

Clement said on Saturday that McShane is now fit again and had been involved in the general matchday squad v City. He was also joining in the warm downs after the game.

Don't think I'd be surprised if he was at least on the bench v the Tractors on Saturday.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Nov 2018 18:04

Don't think it's any surprise that an aging club captain in a struggling side who gives away two of the worst late penalties you'll see to lose two desperately needed points gets binned for a while.

I don't know about Clement but I'd be going full on Fergie at him.

On Ilori, I think he's good enough and persisting with him at CB longer term will pay off. But for our current predicament he's a bit too similar to Moore in that they're both quite cultured and comfortable on the ball, rather than a big physical bruisers. And I think we benefit from an older head and more physical player in there, if we could just stop the nerves and panicking, and solidify midfield a bit more, Ilori would be great.

Sadly, I have to hold my hands up. I though McShane would really come good again without Stam's bullshit style that didn't suit him at all. But he really is massively in decline. Which is a shame, because a Stam year one McShane is exactly what we need right now. O'Shea's ok but just a bit too slow and old.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Nov 2018 21:39

Agreed on McShane. Really liked him in his first season here and also in Stam’s year one

Really been poor since. Be a good signing for someone like Charlton though

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Nov 2018 22:10

Sutekh Clement said on Saturday that McShane is now fit again and had been involved in the general matchday squad v City. He was also joining in the warm downs after the game.

Don't think I'd be surprised if he was at least on the bench v the Tractors on Saturday.

The problem is we have no idea if he was really ever injured. The Blackburn game was a disaster for McShane. I would be surprised if he played again for the club and as Hound suggests he will be one of many to be shipped out in January

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Nov 2018 22:27

Yep, can't see him staying on.

How long is O'Shea's contract? We could really do with someone in his and McShane's style who isn't either really old and slow or in total decline. Moore, Ilori and A N Other like that, plus back up in Blackett, Holmes et al would do nicely.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 05 Nov 2018 22:36

Snowflake Royal Yep, can't see him staying on.

How long is O'Shea's contract? We could really do with someone in his and McShane's style who isn't either really old and slow or in total decline. Moore, Ilori and A N Other like that, plus back up in Blackett, Holmes et al would do nicely.

End of the season. Be interesting to see if we incorporate Andrésson post loan, he's done well. Played up top a couple of times too!

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 06 Nov 2018 07:45

I would like to see us try a 352 with wingbacks, hopefully when/if Obita ever comes back and Yiadom, with Ilorri and 2 other new signings.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Nov 2018 08:26

Kulshaw72RFC I would like to see us try a 352 with wingbacks, hopefully when/if Obita ever comes back and Yiadom, with Ilorri and 2 other new signings.

Can you flesh this out a bit? Are you saying you'd drop Moore? Who would be upfront? In midfield? Would you fit Barrow in and if so where? Are these new signings centrebacks or other positions?

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 06 Nov 2018 08:47

Snowflake Royal
Kulshaw72RFC I would like to see us try a 352 with wingbacks, hopefully when/if Obita ever comes back and Yiadom, with Ilorri and 2 other new signings.

Can you flesh this out a bit? Are you saying you'd drop Moore? Who would be upfront? In midfield? Would you fit Barrow in and if so where? Are these new signings centrebacks or other positions?

So..... I am talking about next season or after Jan. I hope* Clement has found a solution which means we could start winning.

I think Moore might go in the summer or Jan. If not I would have Moore, Illori and Blackett (or a.n.other) as the 3 CBs. We could do with signing a few moore as O'Shea and McShane are not worth the time, money or hassle.

If we are talking currently I would go with

Walker

Yiadom (rwb), Ilori, Moore, Blackett, Obita (lwb)

Swift, Bacuna (holding), Eza

Meite/ Barrow Bod/Baldock

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Nov 2018 08:49

No room for big Chrissy Gunter?

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 06 Nov 2018 09:02

Old Man Andrews No room for big Chrissy Gunter?

If Obita does not come back then I suppose.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 06 Nov 2018 09:19

Kulshaw72RFC

He may decide himself he doesn't want to be bench fodder. Would be a pity though, he's useful because he's always match fit, regardless of when he last played, and he can cover across the defence.

Given our injury issues, a player that's always available is definitely worth having.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 06 Nov 2018 09:29

muirinho
Kulshaw72RFC

He may decide himself he doesn't want to be bench fodder. Would be a pity though, he's useful because he's always match fit, regardless of when he last played, and he can cover across the defence.

Given our injury issues, a player that's always available is definitely worth having.

He could probably do a Rooney and make a bang tidy living being the best RB in the MLS.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Nov 2018 09:31

Kulshaw72RFC
muirinho
Kulshaw72RFC

He could probably do a Rooney and make a bang tidy living being the best RB in the MLS.

Yeah something like that would be a great move for him, less physical too which will help cover his weaknesses. I think I am right in saying he has no kids or wife either so nothing really tying him to staying here. I think I am right in saying he is an "eligable bachelor" anyway which is very widely accepted in the MLS and I believe there are a couple of open "eligable bachelors" already playing in the league.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 06 Nov 2018 09:52

Old Man Andrews
Kulshaw72RFC
muirinho

Yeah something like that would be a great move for him, less physical too which will help cover his weaknesses. I think I am right in saying he has no kids or wife either so nothing really tying him to staying here. I think I am right in saying he is an "eligable bachelor" anyway which is very widely accepted in the MLS and I believe there are a couple of open "eligable bachelors" already playing in the league.

:?

I think you are right that there are some "eligible bachelors" in the MLS. However it is not a widely known and published thing, as in this country there are not many professional sportsmen who are "eligible bachelors" that have let the sporting world know, for fear of those thugs and thickos who support Leeds and Millwall.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Nov 2018 09:52

Not sure what you are trying to suggest there OMA :wink:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Nov 2018 09:59

Kulshaw72RFC
Old Man Andrews
Kulshaw72RFC

:?

I think you are right that there are some "eligible bachelors" in the MLS. However it is not a widely known and published thing, as in this country there are not many professional sportsmen who are "eligible bachelors" that have let the sporting world know, for fear of those thugs and thickos who support Leeds and Millwall.

I think it is deeply sad they feel it has to be hidden, majority of football fans over here would be fully supportive. You're right though, they'd be abuse from some mindless thickos but if you punish it with banning orders and heavy fines I think you'd soon put a stop to the serious offences.

880 posts