BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Clement

by BR0B0T » 15 Oct 2018 16:21

Kulshaw72RFC
NewCorkSeth
BR0B0T
who's leg did he break?

Halaand. You know the guy? Who played the rest of that game after the tackle? And played in Man city's next game? Who's leg wasn't broken?

Zidane must be a psycho too for rising to the bait and headbutting someone.

He didn't play again after Keane deliberately ruptured his ACL in a horror tackle.

If you want psycho, then Thatcher elbowing Mendes will be up there.

AH continued the rest of the game and played mid-week

He had to quit playing because of an injury to his left knee...Keane hit his right

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 15 Oct 2018 16:22

BR0B0T
Kulshaw72RFC
NewCorkSeth Halaand. You know the guy? Who played the rest of that game after the tackle? And played in Man city's next game? Who's leg wasn't broken?

Zidane must be a psycho too for rising to the bait and headbutting someone.

He didn't play again after Keane deliberately ruptured his ACL in a horror tackle.

He had to quit playing because of an injury to his left knee...Keane hit his right

Fair enough

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Oct 2018 16:54

Kulshaw72RFC
BR0B0T
Kulshaw72RFC

Fair enough

What do you mean fair enough?? I said he played the rest of the game and the next fixture in my comment and you said I was wrong..

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 15 Oct 2018 16:59

NewCorkSeth
Kulshaw72RFC
BR0B0T

Fair enough

What do you mean fair enough?? I said he played the rest of the game and the next fixture in my comment and you said I was wrong..

Apologies.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Oct 2018 17:46

Tbf the intent was to cause injury

The fact he didn’t is almost irrelevant

Not that it would bother me that much nownif he became manager. After all Sandro Weiser did similar and turned out a huge success

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Oct 2018 19:07

I really wouldn’t want Roy Keane anywhere near our club. Horrible piece of work. Sorry Seth.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 15 Oct 2018 19:15

Agreed
Nor would I. Same as Di canio. Good player and would sort their attitudes out and kick them up the backside but he wouldn't manage us well. We would need somebody a bit more modern I believe. Who could that be? No idea. Dave Kitson seems like he might be a decent manager one day. Maybe murty. He got thrown into the lions den at Rangers.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Oct 2018 19:23

Zip I really wouldn’t want Roy Keane anywhere near our club. Horrible piece of work. Sorry Seth.

That's quite all right Zip. I at no point said i wanted him as our manager I semi jokingly suggested that his statement of wanting to get back into club management at Championship level could be an option for us.

I only got defensive because of the suggestion that his absence and career were reasons not to hire him when in realty he is almost exactly the pedigree of manager we are likely to get. Just look at our previous managers careers before they joined us. Not many of them had multiple promotions to their name let alone 1.

As a Corkonian I will love Roy forever despite his possible flaws that I choose to ignore.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Oct 2018 19:25

Kulshaw72RFC Agreed
Nor would I. Same as Di canio. Good player and would sort their attitudes out and kick them up the backside but he wouldn't manage us well. We would need somebody a bit more modern I believe. Who could that be? No idea. Dave Kitson seems like he might be a decent manager one day. Maybe murty. He got thrown into the lions den at Rangers.

Spoke to a couple of Rangers fans over the summer who have nothing but respect for Murty and thought the club did poorly by him. Hes still there mind so he mist be ok with it.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 15 Oct 2018 21:49

Yeah, all the ‘fair enoughs’ have littered this place in recent times. Oh, and ‘doing a runner’, too. Not nearly enough ‘Sorry, I was wrong. Excellent point and well said, I didn’t know that. My apologies, I was wrong’.

Anyhooo, so many people have been called psycho in pro footy I’ve lost count. Just at one club alone, Man Yoo, you could count amongst those labeled as such, Keane, Fergy, Scholes, Becks, Mourinho, Cantona, Ince, Rooney, etc. Nobby Stiles, joe Jordan, Stam, and Mark Hughes weren’t regarded with much affinity, either. Nor was Gary Neville when he played (who, btw, considers Scholes the best player he ever played with).

I’m not a medical professional, and never played or managed (at that level), so count me amongst those who is not best qualified from a distance and/or wouldn’t know who in pro football is psychotic (which, is a very serious illness).

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 16 Oct 2018 00:13

Denver Royal Yeah, all the ‘fair enoughs’ have littered this place in recent times. Oh, and ‘doing a runner’, too. Not nearly enough ‘Sorry, I was wrong. Excellent point and well said, I didn’t know that. My apologies, I was wrong’.

Anyhooo, so many people have been called psycho in pro footy I’ve lost count. Just at one club alone, Man Yoo, you could count amongst those labeled as such, Keane, Fergy, Scholes, Becks, Mourinho, Cantona, Ince, Rooney, etc. Nobby Stiles, joe Jordan, Stam, and Mark Hughes weren’t regarded with much affinity, either. Nor was Gary Neville when he played (who, btw, considers Scholes the best player he ever played with).

I’m not a medical professional, and never played or managed (at that level), so count me amongst those who is not best qualified from a distance and/or wouldn’t know who in pro football is psychotic (which, is a very serious illness).

Fair enough

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Oct 2018 12:10

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth But he's not been out of the game has he? He's been actively assisting for the last 5 years. He had a brief spell with villa too. It's not like he's been gardening for 7 years he's been active in football management.

The point in large I was making was there's people like Nagelsman and Howe who had never managed before and people like Wagner who only managed reserve teams and people like Clement who had only been Assitant Managers or Coaches so the argument that someone has been "out of the game" doesn't make sense. It's not like he is Kenny Daiglish who did nothing football related for 8 or 9 years.

Didn't McCarthy get sacked the season before Keane took over for bringing the side that were "a cut above" towards the relegation zone?

You do know that International teams only get together for a handful of weeks a year right?

There is a difference between working your way up to management and failing at it and then doing some coaching part time.

I think deliberately breaking someone's leg in a game counts as fairly psychotic personally.

He won a title in his first season in management.

How many teams who come 20th in the Premier League win the Championship the next season? Isn't it just Sunderland? That doesn't seem like failure.

I guess Jaochim Low has been out of football since 2004. Must be a shite manager.

:roll:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Oct 2018 09:45

Hard to know the way forward.

Perhaps get shot of Clement, Get rid/sell/loan/release out as many of the current squad as possible in the next couple of windows. Sell Moore for as much as we can get and, probably, take relegation.

Then totally rebuild from the Academy and shrewd purchases and loans under a new manager. Only then will this rotten malaise of underperforming drabness start to be lifted.

Leave as is and it looks likely to be relegation anyway. Then stuck in the third division with this hopeless bunch? The circle will just continue.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 24 Oct 2018 11:28

Sutekh Hard to know the way forward.

Perhaps get shot of Clement, Get rid/sell/loan/release out as many of the current squad as possible in the next couple of windows. Sell Moore for as much as we can get and, probably, take relegation.

Then totally rebuild from the Academy and shrewd purchases and loans under a new manager. Only then will this rotten malaise of underperforming drabness start to be lifted.

Leave as is and it looks likely to be relegation anyway. Then stuck in the third division with this hopeless bunch? The circle will just continue.

I would prefer your suggestion. If we get rid of the entire 1st team and management squad, shove the academy in.... it cannot be that much worse can it?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Oct 2018 11:29

Lose against Swansea on Saturday and that's me done with Clement.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Oct 2018 11:31

genome Lose against Swansea on Saturday and that's me done with Clement.

It would depend on the nature of the defeat for me. If we put in a gritty display and lose 1-0 due to a dodgy pen I can live with it. Any more of this conceding just after half time bollocks and I'm done, it is a coaching issue. Same with set pieces.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Oct 2018 11:36

same old though isn't it - get a new manager in and then what - still stuck with the same bunch of players

He inherited a shocking team. There are definitely signs of improvement, but I feel he has been pretty badly let down by some experienced players - McShane, Meyler and Barrow spring to mind. We have the makings of a decent side now, which we really didnt have last April, when crap like Edwards, Joey, Aluko and a crippled Yann were part of our first 11, and we were lucky to have 1 shot on target per game

The next 4 games are massive going into a tough run in December after the next international break. I think we need 2 wins, maybe 3 or else we could be in real poop at Christmas.

I'd say give PC those 4 games. If things are still going badly then we may well need to roll the dice and bring in some McCarthy type

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Oct 2018 11:45

Old Man Andrews
genome Lose against Swansea on Saturday and that's me done with Clement.

It would depend on the nature of the defeat for me. If we put in a gritty display and lose 1-0 due to a dodgy pen I can live with it. Any more of this conceding just after half time bollocks and I'm done, it is a coaching issue. Same with set pieces.

Agreed, happens too often for it not to be.

It must be something in the routine, or conditioning. I'm not sure if the team talk would really be an issue to make them lose motivation (unless Clement's team talks are very poor) but there is something going on there.

I wonder if the players who were here under Stam are just not motivated enough to play for Clement. I'm not saying they don't want to play for him, but there's something mentally there that means they lose 5-10% on the other team at key periods during games, which would explain why were are losing games (with the exception of West Brom) by narrow margins.

The players made a big point of how enamoured they were with Jaap and his methods while he was here and Clement seems to be the fall guy. I really want him to succeed but if results don't improve then he has to be first change.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Oct 2018 13:17

Hound same old though isn't it - get a new manager in and then what - still stuck with the same bunch of players

He inherited a shocking team. There are definitely signs of improvement, but I feel he has been pretty badly let down by some experienced players - McShane, Meyler and Barrow spring to mind. We have the makings of a decent side now, which we really didnt have last April, when crap like Edwards, Joey, Aluko and a crippled Yann were part of our first 11, and we were lucky to have 1 shot on target per game

The next 4 games are massive going into a tough run in December after the next international break. I think we need 2 wins, maybe 3 or else we could be in real poop at Christmas.

I'd say give PC those 4 games. If things are still going badly then we may well need to roll the dice and bring in some McCarthy type

I think you’re being very kind to Clement. On the one hand we don’t seem far away at all. Apart from WBA in the second half all our games are pretty even. Yet on the other the same failings recur game after game. How many well crafted goals to our opponents score against us? We concede so many poor goals and it’s not getting any better.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 24 Oct 2018 13:36

I think PC has all the ideas but no real application. He has won everything as an assistant but isn't really cutting it out as manager. His sessions are probably good, decent drills and training methods must be top notch looking at his CV. But when he is on the touchline, when it matters the players dont get it right, he cant seem to get players playing. His reactions to tactical changes are way too slow.

880 posts