Ian Royal
12%

Total votes: 139
Kulshaw72RFC

Re: Clement

by Kulshaw72RFC » 06 Nov 2018 10:01

Old Man Andrews
Kulshaw72RFC
Old Man Andrews Yeah something like that would be a great move for him, less physical too which will help cover his weaknesses. I think I am right in saying he has no kids or wife either so nothing really tying him to staying here. I think I am right in saying he is an "eligable bachelor" anyway which is very widely accepted in the MLS and I believe there are a couple of open "eligable bachelors" already playing in the league.

:?

I think you are right that there are some "eligible bachelors" in the MLS. However it is not a widely known and published thing, as in this country there are not many professional sportsmen who are "eligible bachelors" that have let the sporting world know, for fear of those thugs and thickos who support Leeds and Millwall.

I think it is deeply sad they feel it has to be hidden, majority of football fans over here would be fully supportive. You're right though, they'd be abuse from some mindless thickos but if you punish it with banning orders and heavy fines I think you'd soon put a stop to the serious offences.

The real problem would be social media. Yes you can give banning orders to the troglodytes from Millwall, Leeds and Chelsea, but what is too stop them sending abusive PMs, death threats etc.

That has no place in the world. People are just thick, daily mail reading trolls unfortunately , and until that stops then no "Eligible Bachelors" will come out.

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 06 Nov 2018 10:07

Jordan is married.
His wife is a stunner :P

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Nov 2018 10:08

Emeraldroyal Jordan is married.
His wife is a stunner :P

Nobody is talking about Jordan Obita being an "eligable bachelor".
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 06 Nov 2018 10:19, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Nov 2018 10:16

tbf, along with maybe Arsenal, Reading would be about the best club for an EB to make their status known. Sure he'd get full support from the fans, and the meathead ratio is very low. The old boys would probably not understand, and its not an issue for the young kids coming to watch

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 06 Nov 2018 10:21

Club 1871 would be all over that like a rash.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Nov 2018 10:22

Hound tbf, along with maybe Arsenal, Reading would be about the best club for an EB to make their status known. Sure he'd get full support from the fans, and the meathead ratio is very low. The old boys would probably not understand, and its not an issue for the young kids coming to watch

Absolutely agree. I would be very proud of one our players for coming out, especially if it got the ball rolling for other players to follow suit. Must be a fairly shit existence to have to worry about your personal life all the time and not just enjoy your life.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Nov 2018 10:23

Old Man Andrews
Kulshaw72RFC
muirinho
He may decide himself he doesn't want to be bench fodder. Would be a pity though, he's useful because he's always match fit, regardless of when he last played, and he can cover across the defence.

Given our injury issues, a player that's always available is definitely worth having.

He could probably do a Rooney and make a bang tidy living being the best RB in the MLS.

Yeah something like that would be a great move for him, less physical too which will help cover his weaknesses. I think I am right in saying he has no kids or wife either so nothing really tying him to staying here. I think I am right in saying he is an "eligable bachelor" anyway which is very widely accepted in the MLS and I believe there are a couple of open "eligable bachelors" already playing in the league.

Why is any of this relevant?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Nov 2018 10:24

leon
Old Man Andrews
Kulshaw72RFC
He could probably do a Rooney and make a bang tidy living being the best RB in the MLS.

Yeah something like that would be a great move for him, less physical too which will help cover his weaknesses. I think I am right in saying he has no kids or wife either so nothing really tying him to staying here. I think I am right in saying he is an "eligable bachelor" anyway which is very widely accepted in the MLS and I believe there are a couple of open "eligable bachelors" already playing in the league.

Try reading the conversation Leon, you'll get it eventually. Take your time.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Nov 2018 10:26

Old Man Andrews
leon
Old Man Andrews Yeah something like that would be a great move for him, less physical too which will help cover his weaknesses. I think I am right in saying he has no kids or wife either so nothing really tying him to staying here. I think I am right in saying he is an "eligable bachelor" anyway which is very widely accepted in the MLS and I believe there are a couple of open "eligable bachelors" already playing in the league.

I did. I was referring to your comments above.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Nov 2018 10:29

leon
Old Man Andrews
leon

The conversation was about Chris Gunter moving to the MLS. The point is that would suit his playing style and lifestyle. Do you need a diagram?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Nov 2018 10:33

Old Man Andrews
leon
Old Man Andrews

The conversation was about Chris Gunter moving to the MLS. The point is that would suit his playing style and lifestyle. Do you need a diagram?

"Lifestyle". I'd be very careful with what you're saying. That is all.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 06 Nov 2018 10:42

Old Man Andrews
leon

As long as he is getting in the Wales squad, I think it's unlikely he'd move to the MLS, or China etc, because he'd be less likely to get called up from there. I can imagine the prospect of beating the caps record, and maybe even getting to 100 caps, is a big thing for him.

The "eligible bachelor" stuff is silly. Even if true, there's no guarantee he isn't tied to staying here, it's just we don't know what that tie is. But actually he may just keep his private life very private. For all we know, he may be having simultaneous affairs with half the county. All that "incredible athlete" stuff might not be just on the pitch.

I'd hope he'd see out his contract here, as I say, I think he's a very useful squad player (and personally I prefer him to Blackett). In 18 months time, as a free agent, and probably out of the Wales picture at that point, he could go where he liked.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Nov 2018 10:51

Who cares if he's an "eligible bachelor"? Couldn't care less to be honest.

I'm just happy he's not a guaranteed part of the starting 11 anymore.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 06 Nov 2018 10:55

muirinho
Old Man Andrews
leon

As long as he is getting in the Wales squad, I think it's unlikely he'd move to the MLS, or China etc, because he'd be less likely to get called up from there. I can imagine the prospect of beating the caps record, and maybe even getting to 100 caps, is a big thing for him.

The "eligible bachelor" stuff is silly. Even if true, there's no guarantee he isn't tied to staying here, it's just we don't know what that tie is. But actually he may just keep his private life very private. For all we know, he may be having simultaneous affairs with half the county. All that "incredible athlete" stuff might not be just on the pitch.

I'd hope he'd see out his contract here, as I say, I think he's a very useful squad player (and personally I prefer him to Blackett). In 18 months time, as a free agent, and probably out of the Wales picture at that point, he could go where he liked.

I would like to see him move into an academy coaching role at some point, or a Steven Reid type role.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 06 Nov 2018 11:20

leon
Old Man Andrews
leon

I assumed he meant sipping freshly squeezed orange juice in the Californian sunshine.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Nov 2018 11:23

Norfolk Royal
leon
Old Man Andrews

I assumed he meant sipping freshly squeezed orange juice in the Californian sunshine.

Yes. Chris Gunter is also a huge fan of surfing so LA would be ideal with Venice Beach near by.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 06 Nov 2018 12:14

Old Man Andrews
Norfolk Royal
leon

Yes. Chris Gunter is also a huge fan of surfing so LA would be ideal with Venice Beach near by.

He might be a fan of Diners, Drive Ins and Dives and specifically the Californian restaurants, so that would be a bonus.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Nov 2018 18:51

Presumably Meite has earned Mr Clement a stay of execution today. But for how long? Will he see out the end of the month, will he make it to Christmas?

Will the Chinese give him as long as Mr Stam and wait until things really are desperate before making change.

Or can Mr Clement finally get the team turned around and looking like probable stay ups rather than doomed go downs?

Is there, in fact, anyone out there who could do anything better with the material available?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Nov 2018 20:30

As Clement likes to take stock after each group of games - he did so again today and said we'd improved - maybe this poll should be reset in parallel.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Nov 2018 20:37

I would suggest with the horrendous run of games we have coming up unless there is a huge improvement he won`t be here for the transfer window.

880 posts