Tevreden Out, Nani In

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Tevreden Out, Nani In

by Denver Royal » 14 Sep 2018 04:31

Cape Town Royal
Denver Royal
Lower West BT must have been on thin ice after Stam's underwhelming second year. Particularly as it must have been his influence that saw McD get sacked. The owners most likely accept that Clement needs time and a fair crack. Little point in churning managers.

You say that, but you are fine with ‘churning managers’ if you don’t happen to like/rate them? Churn em if it suits you.
Last season was a mare, coming off 3rd place. Who deserves a ‘fair crack’? The more experienced Clement is coming off nothing, yet ‘Keep Clement, come what may, whatever the outcome, that’s fine by me’. You advocate logic and long term strategy, save for happenstance of your own particular personal preference for that particular bloke at any given time. If we ever hired Warnock/Pulis would you say same? You couldn’t get much more organic than Stam was.
Not sure what ice BT was on last season, since we finished 17th/19th years prior (which, you rarely mention).
Sounds to me like BT left (as many have done) because of Gourlay? Sooo, Gourlay better be da man, and have things right. If he doesn’t, we’re up the creek without a paddle. Or maybe, he’s just a hatchet man, doing a job,. And, he’d get one again.

I'd like to see someone take a hatchett to our medical team that can seemingly never get a player fit once they are injured. That has cost us dear in the last year or so..

Yeah, well at time that was Stam's fault, and his training methods. He was young, 1st year mgr. He had a go, but was questionable appt by club at time, and I said so. Good 1st season, bad 2nd.
We are where we are, good mgr would see us out of this.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 14 Sep 2018 07:29

Does anyone know if there are any historical links between Gourlay and Nani?...given that this would be his recruit, I am wondering, based on what, why this guy was selected as BTs replacement?...going back to original question.. is or has this guy somewhere along the line been another of Gourlays buddy mates ..??..just seems a bit of a left field appointment imho..

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Sep 2018 09:25

Denver Royal
Cape Town Royal
Denver Royal You say that, but you are fine with ‘churning managers’ if you don’t happen to like/rate them? Churn em if it suits you.
Last season was a mare, coming off 3rd place. Who deserves a ‘fair crack’? The more experienced Clement is coming off nothing, yet ‘Keep Clement, come what may, whatever the outcome, that’s fine by me’. You advocate logic and long term strategy, save for happenstance of your own particular personal preference for that particular bloke at any given time. If we ever hired Warnock/Pulis would you say same? You couldn’t get much more organic than Stam was.
Not sure what ice BT was on last season, since we finished 17th/19th years prior (which, you rarely mention).
Sounds to me like BT left (as many have done) because of Gourlay? Sooo, Gourlay better be da man, and have things right. If he doesn’t, we’re up the creek without a paddle. Or maybe, he’s just a hatchet man, doing a job,. And, he’d get one again.

I'd like to see someone take a hatchett to our medical team that can seemingly never get a player fit once they are injured. That has cost us dear in the last year or so..

Yeah, well at time that was Stam's fault, and his training methods. He was young, 1st year mgr. He had a go, but was questionable appt by club at time, and I said so. Good 1st season, bad 2nd.
We are where we are, good mgr would see us out of this.

And perhaps Clement might be that manager.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 14 Sep 2018 09:29

muirinho This is definitely possible, you don't "lose" your Director, your International Recruitment guy, your Marketing Team (all of them I believe), your Academy Manager - plus numerous coaches etc by accident.

Worth noting our Interim COO, Steven Falk, was Marketing Director at Manchester United under Ron Gourlay.

Coming from someone who worked at the club until recently, he's been advertising jobs and appointing staff/contractors/agencies on the marketing side and doing campaigns / branding work without bringing the marketing team in, Dara, Adam and Tom have all left or are leaving, only one of those is independent of goings on at the club..

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 14 Sep 2018 09:31

Sutekh And perhaps Clement might be that manager.

Narrator: sadly, he was not.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Sep 2018 09:37

maffff
muirinho This is definitely possible, you don't "lose" your Director, your International Recruitment guy, your Marketing Team (all of them I believe), your Academy Manager - plus numerous coaches etc by accident.

Worth noting our Interim COO, Steven Falk, was Marketing Director at Manchester United under Ron Gourlay.

Coming from someone who worked at the club until recently, he's been advertising jobs and appointing staff/contractors/agencies on the marketing side and doing campaigns / branding work without bringing the marketing team in, Dara, Adam and Tom have all left or are leaving, only one of those is independent of goings on at the club..

Dara is a oxf*rd horrendous woman, really pleased she is going.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 14 Sep 2018 09:56

Stranded So, we clearly don't know the full ins and outs here but this is how I think things are at the club currently:

RG was brought in with at least one of his tasks to cut costs across the board, so that whatever cash we do have can be maximised for squad additions. This meant taking over some responsibility for transfers which overlapped with BTs role - the two had different views on recruitment which has muddied the waters of late i.e Sidoel is clearly a BT player, the rest of the summer signings suggest a more collaborative approach between PC and RG.

Staff are unhappy at the moment as job security is scarce and as some leave, those who need to be are being replaced, others not, Nani had been brought in as I can only assume that he is more in line with the current strategy behind the scenes. This should see a more coherent transfer policy rather than having two competing strategies.

All of this taking place is ending the "Dutch Revolution" so again some noses are out of joint. BT's choice of players for the club clash with what the current management want to do but it is cheaper for him to resign/shift across the group than fire him.

My feeling is that behind the scenes as more people come on board who buy into the strategy then things will appear more stable.

BT used his clearly good relationship with Charlie Watts to get a view out there which mainly shows a changing of the guard than anything else (attendances are linked to performances only, they improve, crowds improve).

Is RG the problem, I don't think so necessarily, he is clearly a catalyst for change on the business side, whether those changes will end up being beneficial we will have to wait and see, and may never actually know. We need to get the team right and at the moment that is the issue - in many ways, this change may help to improve that.

That's all far too sensible and as such I've reported this post to the moderators

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 14 Sep 2018 10:10

Silver Fox
Stranded So, we clearly don't know the full ins and outs here but this is how I think things are at the club currently:

RG was brought in with at least one of his tasks to cut costs across the board, so that whatever cash we do have can be maximised for squad additions. This meant taking over some responsibility for transfers which overlapped with BTs role - the two had different views on recruitment which has muddied the waters of late i.e Sidoel is clearly a BT player, the rest of the summer signings suggest a more collaborative approach between PC and RG.

Staff are unhappy at the moment as job security is scarce and as some leave, those who need to be are being replaced, others not, Nani had been brought in as I can only assume that he is more in line with the current strategy behind the scenes. This should see a more coherent transfer policy rather than having two competing strategies.

All of this taking place is ending the "Dutch Revolution" so again some noses are out of joint. BT's choice of players for the club clash with what the current management want to do but it is cheaper for him to resign/shift across the group than fire him.

My feeling is that behind the scenes as more people come on board who buy into the strategy then things will appear more stable.

BT used his clearly good relationship with Charlie Watts to get a view out there which mainly shows a changing of the guard than anything else (attendances are linked to performances only, they improve, crowds improve).

Is RG the problem, I don't think so necessarily, he is clearly a catalyst for change on the business side, whether those changes will end up being beneficial we will have to wait and see, and may never actually know. We need to get the team right and at the moment that is the issue - in many ways, this change may help to improve that.

That's all far too sensible and as such I've reported this post to the moderators

Yeah, +1 as well, but dont let this change you Stranded. Stay grounded.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Sep 2018 10:39

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Silver Fox

Aww shucks - You Guys!! :oops:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Sep 2018 10:39

Stranded
Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Silver Fox

Just for balance I personally thought it was a poor post and riddled with errors.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Sep 2018 12:44

Old Man Andrews
Stranded
Dr_Hfuhruhurr

Just for balance I personally thought it was a poor post and riddled with errors.

Understandable and duly noted.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 14 Sep 2018 13:53

bobby1413
Old Man Andrews Why can he not write in the same tone? Charles Watts would write reasonably provocatively when he reported on Reading so what is stopping Jonathan Low? How has he not tapped in to Watts' relationship with Tevreden? It is baffling. Not sure making excuses for his lack of journalistic nous is intelligent.

There's a difference between writing provocatively, and writing in a way which would probably see you lose your job and alienate the people you're depending on.

Would you go up to your company's boss and say "You're driving this business into the ground. Dave from IT left because you're an idiot, the canteen lady hates you, and you've ruined the entire company"?

Sounds like the conversation I had with him only yesterday :shock:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Sep 2018 14:50

Franchise FC
bobby1413
Old Man Andrews Why can he not write in the same tone? Charles Watts would write reasonably provocatively when he reported on Reading so what is stopping Jonathan Low? How has he not tapped in to Watts' relationship with Tevreden? It is baffling. Not sure making excuses for his lack of journalistic nous is intelligent.

There's a difference between writing provocatively, and writing in a way which would probably see you lose your job and alienate the people you're depending on.

Would you go up to your company's boss and say "You're driving this business into the ground. Dave from IT left because you're an idiot, the canteen lady hates you, and you've ruined the entire company"?

Dave in IT thinks everyone's an idiot though. Probably why he's now a short term contractor.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Sep 2018 14:52

Sutekh
Franchise FC
bobby1413

Dave in IT thinks everyone's an idiot though. Probably why he's now a short term contractor.

I feel the canteen lady here is indifferent towards me.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 14 Sep 2018 15:00

Old Man Andrews Dara is a oxf*rd horrendous woman, really pleased she is going.

She's always seemed perfectly pleasant to me. One of her former staff said to me just yesterday that she's "an absolute joy to work with, one of the loveliest and most level headed leaders you could meet".

Must be that you make people reflect in your image OMA.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Sep 2018 15:03

maffff
Old Man Andrews Dara is a oxf*rd horrendous woman, really pleased she is going.

She's always seemed perfectly pleasant to me. One of her former staff said to me just yesterday that she's "an absolute joy to work with, one of the loveliest and most level headed leaders you could meet".

Must be that you make people reflect in your image OMA.

Stop pretending you know people, its really lame.

Shes not nice, I have dealt with her first hand on a couple of ocassions. She is a complete control freak and rude.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Sep 2018 15:05

I'd just like to say that everyone I've had dealings with at the club has been polite and helpful.

Except Dave in IT, he thinks I'm an idiot.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Sep 2018 15:29

Sutekh I'd just like to say that everyone I've had dealings with at the club has been polite and helpful.

Agreed on that.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Sep 2018 15:30

Can I note I didn't deal with her in the capacity of a supporter. I am sure she is lovely to the general public.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Sep 2018 15:36

you don't seem great with people tbf..