MATCHWATCH : Norwich City (h) sponsored by Andy Hughes

130 posts
Hopeful

Re: MATCHWATCH : Norwich City (h) sponsored by Andy Hughes

by Hopeful » 17 Sep 2018 16:41

Chance for PC not to change a winning team and aim for consistency.
However, like others on this Board, I think Aluko/Gunter is weak, but suspect injury to Blackett will keep Gunter in side. If he has better cover in front, I think his game will improve again.

Sims seems to be perfect impact sub so would be interesting to see how he does for 90 mins.
IMO I think Swift playing just behind striker is his strongest position, so I'd favour 4-4-1-1

----------------Walker-----------------
Yiadom Moore Ilori Gunter
Sims Bacuna Kelly Barrow (fingers crossed he isn't knackered from lack of sleep)
-----------------Swift-------------------
---------------Baldock (think confidence will grow each game)

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Sep 2018 17:14

Hopeful Chance for PC not to change a winning team and aim for consistency.
However, like others on this Board, I think Aluko/Gunter is weak, but suspect injury to Blackett will keep Gunter in side. If he has better cover in front, I think his game will improve again.

Sims seems to be perfect impact sub so would be interesting to see how he does for 90 mins.
IMO I think Swift playing just behind striker is his strongest position, so I'd favour 4-4-1-1

Sims Bacuna Kelly Barrow (fingers crossed he isn't knackered from lack of sleep)

I don’t think you will be far out with that selection although Bodvarsson is unlucky not to be starting. The time has come to drop Gunter but with Blackett and Obita out the only other option is Richards and I would be surprised if Clement would select him ahead of Gunter.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Sep 2018 17:25

Same line up I want.

Reward Yiadom by playing him where he is best. Drop Aluko for Sims. Aluko can try to impress from the bench. Barrow is just better than Meite.

Subs:
Mannone?
Richards
O'Shea
Rinomhota
Meite
Aluko
Bod

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Sep 2018 17:32

NewCorkSeth

Same line up I want.

Reward Yiadom by playing him where he is best. Drop Aluko for Sims. Aluko can try to impress from the bench. Barrow is just better than Meite.

Subs:
Mannone?
Richards
O'Shea
Rinomhota
Meite
Aluko
Bod

That’s not a bad bench although the new lad Ezatolahi might be included and McNulty will be in with a shout.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Sep 2018 18:21

NewCorkSeth

Same line up I want.

Subs:
Mannone?
Richards
O'Shea
Rinomhota
Meite
Aluko
Bod

Barrow is better than Meite, but not when completely off the pace, and is a luxury too far with Swift and Aluko also in the team.. although that's yet another reason to drop Aluko. I'm not keen on bringing wingers straight back in... given them 20 minutes as a sub to warm up and then in if they do alright

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 18 Sep 2018 13:51

Out of interest* does anyone know why we're playing on a Wednesday as opposed to our traditional Tuesday night midweek fixture slot?

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 18 Sep 2018 14:17

Silver Fox Out of interest* does anyone know why we're playing on a Wednesday as opposed to our traditional Tuesday night midweek fixture slot?

Sky Red button?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Sep 2018 14:31

Yeah think it’s to balance out the games

Shame as I can’t make tomorrow, but would have fitted in nicely tonight

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 18 Sep 2018 14:41

Injury update from Norwich: Hernandez (hernia) out for a couple of weeks, Stiepermann (hip) a doubt for Reading, Marshall (ill) misses tomorrow, with McLean, Thompson and Hanley already known absentees.

Centre half Hanley a big miss for Norwich, Hernandez also, has been very good early season.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 18 Sep 2018 14:53

You may have all missed this but David Prutton of Skysports prediction fame for the first time all season has predicted that we will win....

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 18 Sep 2018 16:05

linkenholtroyal You may have all missed this but David Prutton of Skysports prediction fame for the first time all season has predicted that we will win....

Uh oh.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 18 Sep 2018 16:26

Norfolk Royal Injury update from Norwich: Hernandez (hernia) out for a couple of weeks, Stiepermann (hip) a doubt for Reading, Marshall (ill) misses tomorrow, with McLean, Thompson and Hanley already known absentees.

Centre half Hanley a big miss for Norwich, Hernandez also, has been very good early season.

Delighted about Hanley not playing. A physical and relativley under rated CB, who i thought we should have signed a few years ago.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 18 Sep 2018 18:57

Apparently he's not started the season that well but was their mainstay towards the back of last season and is a solid above average championship defender in reality. Think he will be replaced by a German player called Zimmerman who the Norwich fans quite like.

Hernandez may be the biggest miss as he's started the season well and is a real threat, as in the game at Carrow Road we lost last season. The most relevant for Norwich this season has been the loss of their two best players, Maddison and Josh Murphy who were their main goal and assist threats last season. That accounts for their poor start really.

Pukki will be one to watch who has started the season well but who I rate as pretty average to be honest. The player most Norwich fans rate and certainly on the evidence I've seen is their best prospect, is the young lad Jamal Lewis at left back. In the recent Old Farm derby game against Ipswich he provided their biggest attacking threat.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 19 Sep 2018 08:33

linkenholtroyal You may have all missed this but David Prutton of Skysports prediction fame for the first time all season has predicted that we will win....

I saw that, he's got the result or score right on more than one occasion this season I think too.

As for the line-up, i'd pick Sims for someone and swap Yiadom and Gunter over, but the latter prob isn't likely. Keep the same formation (which seemed to be a 4-1-4-1 with Bacuna DM and Kelly and Swift given licence to get forward), we need to start grinding results out and I worry that 4-4-2 leaves us too open.
Last edited by KC Royal on 19 Sep 2018 09:01, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Sep 2018 08:39

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth

Same line up I want.

Subs:
Mannone?
Richards
O'Shea
Rinomhota
Meite
Aluko
Bod

Barrow is better than Meite, but not when completely off the pace, and is a luxury too far with Swift and Aluko also in the team.. although that's yet another reason to drop Aluko. I'm not keen on bringing wingers straight back in... given them 20 minutes as a sub to warm up and then in if they do alright

I get what you mean but I do think Barrow is less of a luxury type player than Aluko. He does cover back far better. I just think (if he performs as we know he can) he's so dangerous that he requires attention from the opposition which allows Swift more room to do what so few in our team can do.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 19 Sep 2018 09:01

Old Man Andrews
Sutekh
Old Man Andrews
Saturday was arguably a 3/10 from Gunter though, errors all over the show. You're right about Sims, he should be in for Aluko for sure. He made a real difference on Saturday.

Really do not get a right side comprising Aluko and Gunter. Defensively that's just non existent at best.

I get the feeling that with Sims you have someone who will be prepared to do the dirty work and track runners. He has to be in the starting line up Wednesday for me.

Met a Southampton supporter on holiday who was very surprised he wasn't playing and only a sub. He said most of the Soton supporters believe he should be in their first team.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Sep 2018 09:03

be interesting to see if Ezatolahi gets on the bench. Very intrigued by the signing, he could potentially be great or a complete waste of time. From Clement's comments, suggest it will be another week or two

I'd go
Walker
Yiadom Moore Ilori Gunter (please play him on the left)
Sims Swift Bacuna Barrow
Baldock Bodvarsson

Southwood, McShane, Kelly, McNulty, Meite, Rinomhota, Aluko (I suppose)

I'd cope with Kelly in for Bod.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Sep 2018 09:05

Hound be interesting to see if Ezatolahi gets on the bench. Very intrigued by the signing, he could potentially be great or a complete waste of time. From Clement's comments, suggest it will be another week or two

I'd go
Walker
Yiadom Moore Ilori Gunter (please play him on the left)
Sims Swift Bacuna Barrow
Baldock Bodvarsson

Southwood, McShane, Kelly, McNulty, Meite, Rinomhota, Aluko (I suppose)

I'd cope with Kelly in for Bod.

Rinhomota played for the Under 23's yesterday. Not an expert on the under 23's but doesn't that normally mean they won't be in the first team a day later?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Sep 2018 09:07

yeah probably true. Played 90 mins as well so doubt he'll be involved. Would consider Loader, but leaves us a bit unbalanced on the bench

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Sep 2018 09:20

Expecting our Iranian international to be involved tonight, presumably on the bench, having got his visa sorted out now.

130 posts