MATCHWATCH : Norwich City (h) sponsored by Andy Hughes

130 posts
Barney
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Norwich City (h) sponsored by Andy Hughes

by Barney » 19 Sep 2018 09:50

Honestly not wishing to be doom and gloom....but we have NEVER lost all our opening 4 home league games in a season.
Not even in the 1895-1920 pre-league days. Not even in the numerous relegation seasons. In a nutshell, not ever.

Please not tonight.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Sep 2018 10:19

Norfolk Royal The player most Norwich fans rate and certainly on the evidence I've seen is their best prospect, is the young lad Jamal Lewis at left back. In the recent Old Farm derby game against Ipswich he provided their biggest attacking threat.

That's OK. Our Wall of Iron on the right side (Aluko and Gunter) will repel him.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Sep 2018 10:31

leon
Norfolk Royal The player most Norwich fans rate and certainly on the evidence I've seen is their best prospect, is the young lad Jamal Lewis at left back. In the recent Old Farm derby game against Ipswich he provided their biggest attacking threat.

That's OK. Our Wall of Irony on the right side (Aluko and Gunter) will repel him.

Corrected for you.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Sep 2018 10:41

Given the games on tonight, with a win we could jump up to the heady heights of 17th or 18th. A draw could see us out of the bottom 3. Exciting times.

Hopeful

by Hopeful » 19 Sep 2018 10:59

leon

That's OK. Our Wall of Iron on the right side (Aluko and Gunter) will repel him.

I do suspect we will see Yiadom and Sims on right to counter the known threat of of Lewis, if PC has done his homework, and swap Gunter on left

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Sep 2018 11:08

Hopeful
leon

I do suspect we will see Yiadom and Sims on right to counter the known threat of of Lewis, if PC has done his homework, and swap Gunter on left

I don't think Sims has shown yet that he's a capable defender. 2 yellow cards already? Meite would probably defend a little better on the right if that's what we are looking for. And he wins more headers than anyone outside of Ilori and Moore so that's a plus.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 19 Sep 2018 11:17

NewCorkSeth
Hopeful
leon

I don't think Sims has shown yet that he's a capable defender. 2 yellow cards already? Meite would probably defend a little better on the right if that's what we are looking for. And he wins more headers than anyone outside of Ilori and Moore so that's a plus.

We are at home. We should set up to our strengths and make there LB defend. If we can be a constant threat on the right, we shouldn't have to worry about him.
Therefore Yiadom and Sims on the right. I can imagine if/when Aluko starts on the right, oppo CB will be telling the LB not to worry to much about him and push on.
Last edited by Coppells Lost Coat on 19 Sep 2018 13:43, edited 1 time in total.

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 19 Sep 2018 13:31

Dick Habbin's hairdo My team for Naarige:

Walker
________
Yiadom
Ilori
Moore
Blackett (if fit, if not Gunter)
_________
Bacuna
Kelly
Sims
_________
Swift
________
Barrow (if not breastfeeding)
Baldock

And, when our Iranian international is up to speed, I'd slide him in for Kelly.... assuming he is actually half decent.

Obvs, Aluko and Meite don't get anywhere near the team .... and are probably best left at Hogwood.

I'd argue the Iranian fella has been signed to get the best out of Kelly to be honest. Kelly isn't as bad as people make out and he's doing the jobs in midfield that he quite frankly is not his strongest asset. With a big, strong and athletic midfielder alongside him that can do all the dirty work and create space for him (Williams springs to mind) then Kelly can focus on what we all know and have seen he is good at. Passing, and creating.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Sep 2018 14:23

Ranty McRantface

Walker
________
Yiadom
Ilori
Moore
_________
Bacuna
Kelly
Sims
_________
Swift
________
Baldock

And, when our Iranian international is up to speed, I'd slide him in for Kelly.... assuming he is actually half decent.

Obvs, Aluko and Meite don't get anywhere near the team .... and are probably best left at Hogwood.

I'd argue the Iranian fella has been signed to get the best out of Kelly to be honest. Kelly isn't as bad as people make out and he's doing the jobs in midfield that he quite frankly is not his strongest asset. With a big, strong and athletic midfielder alongside him that can do all the dirty work and create space for him (Williams springs to mind) then Kelly can focus on what we all know and have seen he is good at. Passing, and creating.

If that’s the case then he really needs to improve his passing and his creating.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Sep 2018 14:45

leon
Ranty McRantface

Walker
________
Yiadom
Ilori
Moore
_________
Bacuna
Kelly
Sims
_________
Swift
________
Baldock

If that’s the case then he really needs to improve his passing and his creating.

+1

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 19 Sep 2018 16:10

Regardless of performances in the last game I think we should be sticking to a winning team and trying to maintain as much consistency as possible if it is getting us the all important 3 points.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 19 Sep 2018 19:14

Unchanged starting X1

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 19 Sep 2018 19:16

Walker, Gunter, Yiadom, Moore (c), Ilori, Bacuna, Kelly, Swift, Aluko, Meite, Baldock.

Subs: Jaakkola, O’Shea, Barrow, Sims, Böðvarsson, McNulty, Ezatolahi.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 19 Sep 2018 19:57

7 games played and I already haven't bothered turning up for this one even though I have a season ticket.

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 19 Sep 2018 20:07

Gosh that crowd... I didn't realise that London Irish were playing tonight.

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 19 Sep 2018 20:07

Winston Biscuit 7 games played and I already haven't bothered turning up for this one even though I have a season ticket.

I agree

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Sep 2018 20:10

Reading have started the pre kick off huddles again

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 19 Sep 2018 20:33

Barney Honestly not wishing to be doom and gloom....but we have NEVER lost all our opening 4 home league games in a season.
Not even in the 1895-1920 pre-league days. Not even in the numerous relegation seasons. In a nutshell, not ever.

Please not tonight.

:shock:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Sep 2018 20:34

One word for this so far and it rhymes with trap

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 19 Sep 2018 20:35

Winston Biscuit 7 games played and I already haven't bothered turning up for this one even though I have a season ticket.

I also have a season ticket and tonights is my first game. Already regretting it!

130 posts