I think I’m done - just can’t watch this lot anymore

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: I think I’m done - just can’t watch this lot anymore

by Snowball » 20 Sep 2018 10:40

Fox Talbot So fed up i cant be arsed to use apostrophes any more. Bah.

Jeez, that's serious. Call someone!

Blakey's Chin

by Blakey's Chin » 20 Sep 2018 10:41

Jerry St Clair
John Smith My shout would be the 1999 team. August and Sept, April - May were horrifying.

Do you mean the Bullivant relegation season of 97/98?

Oxford away on 17 March 1998 remains my benchmark for apocalyptically bad Reading moments when you truly believe the club might totally implode. How does the current predicament compare with that?

http://hobnob.royals.org/matdoc/170398.html

That sounds awfully familiar to the predicament we're in now, and we finished rock bottom that season.

Preston was a one off, partly to the fact that they're sh1te this season as well.

I don't think i'm the only person saying that you could see that Norwich 2nd goal coming right from the moment they attacked from kick off. So predictable.

Teams know they just got to turn up and not completely f*ck it up, and they'll get 3 points from us.

I've given up, we're down, just accept it.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 20 Sep 2018 10:42

chill out guys

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Sep 2018 10:43

Wax Jacket you could see their second coming from the moment they kicked off

Clement's clearly not a manager, basically an industry hanger-on who got lucky

A rare dose of AE sanity on the Team Board.

We need an experienced manager to organise this shower of shit. Not an assistant manager who wants to sit in the big chair.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 20 Sep 2018 10:48

We've had shit teams and shit managers before of course, but combine that with the instability off the pitch and it's pretty much a perfect storm.

But then I've been disenfranchised for well over a decade now so whatevs really.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 20 Sep 2018 10:53

Hang on a minute, Rother supports Windsor nowadays anyway doesn't he?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Sep 2018 10:53

Green We've had shit teams and shit managers before of course, but combine that with the instability off the pitch and it's pretty much a perfect storm.

But then I've been disenfranchised for well over a decade now so whatevs really.

As long as you've got your pint eh Green?

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 20 Sep 2018 11:05

Put it this way, it's sooooooooooooooooo bad that if Clement was sacked tonight and Terry Bullivant was installed I'd be over the moon.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Sep 2018 11:19

Jerry St Clair
John Smith My shout would be the 1999 team. August and Sept, April - May were horrifying.

Oxford away on 17 March 1998 remains my benchmark for apocalyptically bad Reading moments when you truly believe the club might totally implode. How does the current predicament compare with that?

Well, yes, both really. But at least 97/98 under Bullivant was at a higher level and we weren't getting smashed 6-0 on our own park.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 20 Sep 2018 11:33

Jerry St Clair

Remember leaving the ground and seeing fans lying in front of the team bus in protest. Gr8 memories.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 20 Sep 2018 11:42

leon
Snowflake Royal Although you can stand enough of a oxf*rd to post a new thread about it on here and draw attention to yourself.

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out. (Again)

Well quite.

That said, I'm struggling very badly. After being a ST holder for about 22 years and watching for longer. I've seen some shit, but this is truly the most embarrassing Reading team I've had to witness. There's enough in this squad, there really is. They really shouldn't be this shit. But they are.

It's almost impressive.

Agreed. I didn't get a season ticket this season due to financial circumstances, but the decision has been well and truly vindicated!

I saw the Derby and Bolton games, but have really lacked the motivation to attend more. Even listening to Dim Tellor and Geordie is a chore!

Are we the new Sunderland? Pi$$ poor players who don't give a shit and an infrastructure that if rumours are to be believed is crumbling...

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Sep 2018 11:45

Worse Reading team ever? not even close, worse ever Reading team at this level? yes certainly. It`s a talented squad without a doubt, but god it`s frustrating.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 20 Sep 2018 12:06

Silver Fox Hang on a minute, Rother supports Windsor nowadays anyway doesn't he?

Gosh, I thought that was a secret. :roll:

Yes, I do support Windsor and haven’t been to a Reading game for a year or 3 (since AAH chucked one in against QPR I think - and that was a bloody awful game as well).

But I have still cared, and have looked forward to seeing our games on TV.

But for the last 2+ seasons it has been so dire that the affinity with RFC is just fading away. Every time they have been on TV in the last 2 years (incl Stam’s 1st season) I have sat through it wondering why I was bothering when it was that boring / frustrating and giving no pleasure whatsoever.

My armchair watching is of no relevance to anyone (as am I... obvs), but the fact that I am at the point where I cannot be arsed to turn on the TV to watch Reading anymore is hugely relevant because there will be many more who DO pay good money who are reaching the same point.

I will be watching the gates (if probably not the games) with morbid interest as the season progresses.

I like Clement, he says it as it is, and he has made some strong moves in selection, but if he is still playing Gunter and Aluko (plus one could put in Kelly and Bacuna (who has been appalling every time I’ve seen him)) one has to wonder whether he has the balls, insight, or maybe the power to change things in the way they need to be changed.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 20 Sep 2018 12:25

windermereROYAL Worse Reading team ever? not even close, worse ever Reading team at this level? yes certainly. It`s a talented squad without a doubt, but god it`s frustrating.

But I expected worse in Div 3 and 4.

As a TEAM, they just look more down and out, lacking in intelligence, game management, fight and passion, than any other I have seen during the last 40 years. Too many look like they have the attributes to be a football player but not the deep desire to make it happen, going through pain barriers and really tapping into their “whatever-it-takes” reserves. They make all the right body language moves to indicate they care - the frustration was very evident after the 2nd goal was conceded last night - but there needs to be a lot more on show than that.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 20 Sep 2018 14:08

Royal Rother Yes I’ve seen us in lower levels than this but I can’t remember a worse team than this lot.
I recall worse teams and worse performances, but never a team that has been so consistently bad, particularly with the defence switching off so often causing us to concede soft goals.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 20 Sep 2018 14:18

leon
Green We've had shit teams and shit managers before of course, but combine that with the instability off the pitch and it's pretty much a perfect storm.

Well no, you're watching the wrong sport (or at least the wrong division) for that.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 20 Sep 2018 14:25

leon
Wax Jacket you could see their second coming from the moment they kicked off

Clement's clearly not a manager, basically an industry hanger-on who got lucky

A rare dose of AE sanity on the Team Board.

We need an experienced manager to organise this shower of shit. Not an assistant manager who wants to sit in the big chair.

Klaxon for McCarthy.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 20 Sep 2018 14:26

Looks like a lot of people are giving up......Wonder what the real attendance was last night? Was told it was around 12000 but looked worse than that. I think they include season tickets in that attendance as well and there were quite a few that weren't there last night.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Sep 2018 14:30

Green
leon

Well no, you're watching the wrong sport (or at least the wrong division) for that.

You know what I mean, Greeners.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 20 Sep 2018 16:50

I think you're gonna have to spell this one out for me champ.