I think I’m done - just can’t watch this lot anymore

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: I think I’m done - just can’t watch this lot anymore

by John Smith » 02 Oct 2018 13:51

Hendo
Snowflake Royal I've already shown once that he wasn't even remotely a walking red card.

+1

I am always amazed to see people say this about JVDB, he got 1 red card for us, and 19 yellows. In a 65 game span, I don't that is too bad, considering the role he played for us.

And even that red was a second booking taking one for the team with the oppo through on goal IIRC.

Ye but he was the worst player ever to play for the club. That 'display' at Cardiff on the last day was truly unforgettable.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 02 Oct 2018 14:49

John Smith
Hendo
Snowflake Royal I've already shown once that he wasn't even remotely a walking red card.

+1

I am always amazed to see people say this about JVDB, he got 1 red card for us, and 19 yellows. In a 65 game span, I don't that is too bad, considering the role he played for us.

And even that red was a second booking taking one for the team with the oppo through on goal IIRC.

Ye but he was the worst player ever to play for the club. That 'display' at Cardiff on the last day was truly unforgettable.

John Halls?
Greg Halford?
Emerse Fae?
Scott Murray?
Mass Sarr?
ROYSTON DRENTHE!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Oct 2018 14:51

Don't you ever oxf*rd leave Paul Brayson off that sort of list again!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 02 Oct 2018 15:29

Kulshaw72RFC
John Smith
Hendo
+1

John Halls?
Greg Halford?
Emerse Fae?
Scott Murray?
Mass Sarr?
WTF is Scott Murray doing on that list? He was quality, Pardew sold him because he was a left footed right winger and he 1. Needed the transfer funds and Bristol City wanted to buy him back 2. decided he needed a right footed right winger

He's now the Bristol City Kitman too https://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth ... to-kitman/

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 Oct 2018 17:41

Kulshaw72RFC
John Smith
Hendo
+1

John Halls?
Greg Halford?
Emerse Fae?
Scott Murray?
Mass Sarr?

All of those players in that list had some element of natural ability.

Van Den Berg was in the wrong occupation.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Oct 2018 18:07

Berg was fine. The suggestion he's in the same category as Sean Evers, Mark (?) Reilly or Paul Holsgrove let alone worse than them is laughable.

Not to mention the likes of Elroy Kromheer, Peter van der Kwaak, Paul Brayson, Mark Robbins, Simon Sheppard or any number of other useless tarts in other positions is bonkers.

He wasn't naturally talented to Championship level and certainly wasn't agile or quick enough. But he also wasn't our worst performer last year (Aluko), and I'd play him over oxf*rd Meyler right now.

With a competently functioning manager and decent championship midfielders in ok form around him, he was adequate.

Don't hate limited triers, hate the managers that signed them and expensive talented wasters.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 02 Oct 2018 18:32

Snowflake Royal Berg was fine. The suggestion he's in the same category as Sean Evers, Mark (?) Reilly or Paul Holsgrove let alone worse than them is laughable.

Not to mention the likes of Elroy Kromheer, Peter van der Kwaak, Paul Brayson, Mark Robbins, Simon Sheppard or any number of other useless tarts in other positions is bonkers.

He wasn't naturally talented to Championship level and certainly wasn't agile or quick enough. But he also wasn't our worst performer last year (Aluko), and I'd play him over oxf*rd Meyler right now.

With a competently functioning manager and decent championship midfielders in ok form around him, he was adequate.

Don't hate limited triers, hate the managers that signed them and expensive talented wasters.

What a shambles that bunch were.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 02 Oct 2018 18:50

Hendo
Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871 na you're alright. I'd give 100% but I'd still take Swift or Bacuna over me. Not to mention he was a walking red card.

I've already shown once that he wasn't even remotely a walking red card.

+1

Please don't interject any facts. We don't need no steenking facts in 'ere. :wink:

Rusty royal

by Rusty royal » 02 Oct 2018 23:01

I'm done now till February (if I live that long) If I reach my 65th Birthday and only need pay a tenner then I'll go again :|

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 03 Oct 2018 03:17

Snowflake Royal Berg was fine. The suggestion he's in the same category as Sean Evers, Mark (?) Reilly or Paul Holsgrove let alone worse than them is laughable.

Hard to disagree with much of that Ian, I will take issue with Paul Holsgrove though, unfair to lump him in with the rest of that lot, he was decent at the start of his spell with us, OK he dropped off to the end but the likes of Brayson and Sheppard (shudder) were utterly woeful for every minute with us.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 03 Oct 2018 07:17

Forbury Lion
Kulshaw72RFC
John Smith Ye but he was the worst player ever to play for the club. That 'display' at Cardiff on the last day was truly unforgettable.

John Halls?
Greg Halford?
Emerse Fae?
Scott Murray?
Mass Sarr?
WTF is Scott Murray doing on that list? He was quality, Pardew sold him because he was a left footed right winger and he 1. Needed the transfer funds and Bristol City wanted to buy him back 2. decided he needed a right footed right winger

He's now the Bristol City Kitman too https://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth ... to-kitman/

+1

Saw Murray and thought WTF is this guy on. Was good for us.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 Oct 2018 07:18

Forbury Lion
Kulshaw72RFC
John Smith Ye but he was the worst player ever to play for the club. That 'display' at Cardiff on the last day was truly unforgettable.

John Halls?
Greg Halford?
Emerse Fae?
Scott Murray?
Mass Sarr?

He's was a League 1 flat track bully unable to make the step up to the Championship who never tracked back and bottled challenges. Lost count of the number of times he'd lose ball and just stand with his hands on his hips whilst the opposition counter attacked. He was given a free role at Bristol City and just couldn't adapt. He also never moved from Bristol. Coppell got rid because he couldn't offer what he needed.

I remember him being a big signing who absolutely failed to live up to the billing and gives credence to the urban myth the Pardew knew he was going to West Ham so blew our transfer budget on shit players to stymie us. He he had one good game for us at home to Forest when they played a midfielder at full back who went AWOL for 90 minutes.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 03 Oct 2018 07:28, edited 5 times in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Oct 2018 07:19

I only saw old hoofy from 95/96 onwards in fairness.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 03 Oct 2018 07:32

From Despair To Where?
Forbury Lion
Kulshaw72RFC
John Halls?
Greg Halford?
Emerse Fae?
Scott Murray?
Mass Sarr?

He's was a League 1 flat track bully unable to make the step up to the Championship who never tracked back and bottled challenges. Lost count of the number of times he'd lose ball and just stand with his hands on his hips whilst the opposition counter attacked. He was given a free role at Bristol City and just couldn't adapt. He also never moved from Bristol. Coppell got rid because he couldn't offer what he needed.

I remember him being a big signing who absolutely failed to live up to the billing and gives credence to the urban myth the Pardew knew he was going to West Ham so blew our transfer budget on shit players to stymie us. He he had one good game for us at home to Forest when they played a midfielder at full back who went AWOL for 90 minutes.

Which is why I remember him as tosh. Probably more because he didn't produce what we thought at the time rather then him just being awful.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 03 Oct 2018 09:03

All of the above written here is complete and utter bollox. As per from this clueless poster.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Oct 2018 08:59

John Smith

All of the above written here is complete and utter bollox. As per from this clueless poster.

Loving your new sig.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Oct 2018 18:21

I'm getting slightly disturbed by our current agreement and amiable conversations Leon.

Are you ill or is it me?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Oct 2018 19:06

Snowflake Royal I'm getting slightly disturbed by our current agreement and amiable conversations Leon.

Are you ill or is it me?

We’re getting older and wiser.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 07 Oct 2018 22:17

Kulshaw72RFC
John Smith
Hendo
+1

John Halls?
Greg Halford?
Emerse Fae?
Scott Murray?
Mass Sarr?

I see some of the above (Murray and Sarr weren't that bad) and raise you:

Brayson
Bodin
Gurney
Aluko

and VDB was awful. Seemed less shit in a ridiculously bad team but often it looked like he was a fan who just ran into the pitch trying to play. In fact hadn't he given up football and gone back to doing paper rounds or something before Stam convinced him to be a footballer again or something?

Still, I wouldn't have him on the above list of worst ever players, bad though he was.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Oct 2018 22:49

Thanks. I'd actually managed to forget that Paul shitty Bodin had existed for a while there. :twisted: