I think I’m done - just can’t watch this lot anymore

100 posts
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

I think I’m done - just can’t watch this lot anymore

by Royal Rother » 19 Sep 2018 22:22

Has there ever been a more abject team playing for Reading?

Yes I’ve seen us in lower levels than this but I can’t remember a worse team than this lot.

They are terrible.

I’m strictly armchair only these days but although diminishing I have still cared quite a bit - until recently. But now? It’s so hard to find a fcuk to give.

I can’t stand watching them anymore. Not because they keep losing, but because nothing they do ever comes off. They are clueless about almost every facet of the game.

(And because Aluko and Gunter keep getting a game.)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: I think I’m done - just can’t watch this lot anymore

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Sep 2018 22:45

Although you can stand enough of a oxf*rd to post a new thread about it on here and draw attention to yourself.

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out. (Again)

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Sep 2018 00:07

Snowflake Royal Although you can stand enough of a oxf*rd to post a new thread about it on here and draw attention to yourself.

Well quite.

That said, I'm struggling very badly. After being a ST holder for about 22 years and watching for longer. I've seen some shit, but this is truly the most embarrassing Reading team I've had to witness. There's enough in this squad, there really is. They really shouldn't be this shit. But they are.

It's almost impressive.

st george

by st george » 20 Sep 2018 00:25

[quote][/Although you can stand enough of a oxf*rd to post a new thread about it on here and draw attention to yourself.

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out. (Again)][quote][/

oxf*rd LOL. Says the oxf*rd who flounced for a season and never missed an opportunity to tell us. You have some neck.what a prick

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 20 Sep 2018 07:22

Snowflake Royal Although you can stand enough of a oxf*rd to post a new thread about it on here and draw attention to yourself.

:lol:

Yes Ian, I’m sure you have a very big willy, but come on, the point of the post is about how people view this team. In the cold light of the day can you remember a more disfunctional and abject Reading team than this one?

You can view it as a narcissistic post if you like but it felt like a worthy discussion point last night because this is me, a pretty passionless individual when it comes to RFC these days anyway - but of the 12,800 in attendance last night there will be a significant number who just can’t face seeing that lot again. And that means attendances will be getting to dangerously low territory.

Mind you, the problems go way beyond them of course, but how a team can expect to win football matches at this level with 3 players in Bacuna, Aluko and Gunter I simply do not know.

Clement has said he will make changes in personnel for the next game - we shall see.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Sep 2018 07:47

Don’t think Bacuna is paticularly worse than anyone else at the moment.

Gunter and Aluko on the other hand are on a different level. There should be a mass (we’ll all 9000) walkout on Saturday if those 2 clowns are in the eleven at 3pm Saturday

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 Sep 2018 07:53

Hound Don’t think Bacuna is paticularly worse than anyone else at the moment.

Gunter and Aluko on the other hand are on a different level. There should be a mass (we’ll all 9000) walkout on Saturday if those 2 clowns are in the eleven at 3pm Saturday

So we expect the Hull fans to join in the walk out then?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 20 Sep 2018 07:59

Royal Rother

Yes Ian, I’m sure you have a very big willy, but come on, the point of the post is about how people view this team. In the cold light of the day can you remember a more disfunctional and abject Reading team than this one?

You can view it as a narcissistic post if you like but it felt like a worthy discussion point last night because this is me, a pretty passionless individual when it comes to RFC these days anyway - but of the 12,800 in attendance last night there will be a significant number who just can’t face seeing that lot again. And that means attendances will be getting to dangerously low territory.

Mind you, the problems go way beyond them of course, but how a team can expect to win football matches at this level with 3 players in Bacuna, Aluko and Gunter I simply do not know.

Clement has said he will make changes in personnel for the next game - we shall see.

Yes - last season's. The team that lost to Wimbledon on Boxing day. Tons of worse teams. Close thread.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 Sep 2018 08:07

Jagermesiter1871
Royal Rother

Yes - last season's. The team that lost to Wimbledon on Boxing day. Tons of worse teams. Close thread.

But this lot are consistently poor.

Name one way in which the performances are better than last season.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Sep 2018 08:09

See this is exactly what should be happening. The supporters need to start causing problems for the club and making themselves heard. I just think the supporters are so low and demoralised we just can't be bothered anymore, the passion for the club has been driven out of us over the past 2 years. As stupid as it sounds we need to go down to League 1 and completely reset everything from top to bottom. Bring the youth back into our first team, get rid of all the high earning dross like Gunter and Aluko and get a young and hungry manager in who has fresh ideas and big ambition (Danny Cowley at Lincoln for example).

The club as we used to know it is dead and we have to either put up with that fact or stand up and take action. Sadly I don't think we have it in us to do the latter.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Sep 2018 08:09

leon

Well quite.

That said, I'm struggling very badly. After being a ST holder for about 22 years and watching for longer. I've seen some shit, but this is truly the most embarrassing Reading team I've had to witness. There's enough in this squad, there really is. They really shouldn't be this shit. But they are.

It's almost impressive.

Yep, I'm beginning to struggle with watching them at the mo, admittedly on iFollow from afar but it is tough to sit through at the moment. Even last night, after we battled back to 1-1 and your normal thought would be great, let's use the momentum to win this. My first thought was "I wonder how long until they fcuk this up" wasn't expecting 20 seconds but still...

Be under no doubt, this team absolutely has to win on Saturday now. There is no room for error, a fifth home defeat to start the season and the crowd v QPR (esp as it will be available on Sky Red button) could well be tiny and only boosted by those travelling.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Sep 2018 08:14

Jagermesiter1871
Royal Rother

A team that included the likes of Hahnemann, Murty, Williams, Ingimarsson, Shorey, Sidwell, and Forster involved in a squad that finished three points off the play offs? Would love a team with the quality of those players.
Last edited by sandman on 20 Sep 2018 08:22, edited 1 time in total.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 20 Sep 2018 08:15

RoyalBlue
Jagermesiter1871
Royal Rother

But this lot are consistently poor.

Name one way in which the performances are better than last season.

OK.

1. Our heaviest league defeat this season is 2-1.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Sep 2018 08:16

RoyalBlue

So we expect the Hull fans to join in the walk out then?

Why not? They are experts in it tbf

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Sep 2018 09:44

Royal Rother Has there ever been a more abject team playing for Reading?

My shout would be the 1999 team. August and Sept, April - May were horrifying.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 20 Sep 2018 09:47

I used to go to the away matches with some anticipation and excitement that we’d get one over the Leeds, Forests etc. We might not, but the possibility was there.
Now I still go, but have no illusion that we’ll get a win or play in a style that would give hope of a win. I go for the day out, listen to the banter etc.
Yes, we got the win at Preston, but you know it’s a one off- it’s the law of probability.
Football wise there is no excitement from us at all on the pitch, it is literally a day out like going to a Safari Park or NT house. You go and you see, you expect nothing but the visit you paid for.
You might sneak a point, but so what? like at Villa this season the previous 90 minutes were dire, where the majority of the RFC supporters simply watched a game of football played out with apathy and no hope.
I can’t remember the last time I got that raised pulse from any play made on the pitch (probably McCleary’s goal at Wembley?)

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 20 Sep 2018 10:11

Its not just this season and last season, its years and years. For me its duty not pleasure. 100 mile round trip by public transport last night when i could have done red button. Regrets? More than a few.

First 30 mins awful as per usual. Then next 30 mins we gradually built momentum and i thought we deserved the equaliser. Absolutely sickened to give th lead back 30seconds later. Its like a piss take. Five home league defeats on the spin.

Its not the effort i fault its the spirit, confidence and tactical competence. So fed up i cant be arsed to use apostrophes any more. Bah.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 20 Sep 2018 10:27

John Smith My shout would be the 1999 team. August and Sept, April - May were horrifying.

Do you mean the Bullivant relegation season of 97/98?

Oxford away on 17 March 1998 remains my benchmark for apocalyptically bad Reading moments when you truly believe the club might totally implode. How does the current predicament compare with that?

http://hobnob.royals.org/matdoc/170398.html

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 20 Sep 2018 10:28

you could see their second coming from the moment they kicked off

Clement's clearly not a manager, basically an industry hanger-on who got lucky

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 20 Sep 2018 10:39

I've watched bad teams (Carlisle and Newport County) and watching Newport 1970-71 season

Result L L L L L L L L L L D L L L D L L L L L L L D L D W

That was our first 26 games, yes 25 consecutive games W0 D4 L21

We finished

W L D W L L W L W W D W W D L W W D W L L

and rose to 3rd-bottom, were re-elected

Of course we were awful, but I enjoyed going to games more than I currently
enjoy watching Reading.

It isn't only about results. It's about passion, putting a boot in, taking knocks, even the occasional punch-up. Football (at RFC) feels more and more "diluted".

For the whole Prem/League, the influx of foreign players has meant the football standards are higher, but I miss heroes and villains
Last edited by Snowball on 20 Sep 2018 10:41, edited 1 time in total.

100 posts