I think I’m done - just can’t watch this lot anymore

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: I think I’m done - just can’t watch this lot anymore

by Zip » 20 Sep 2018 17:17

Ascotexgunner Looks like a lot of people are giving up......Wonder what the real attendance was last night? Was told it was around 12000 but looked worse than that. I think they include season tickets in that attendance as well and there were quite a few that weren't there last night.

I though the attendance at just under 13,000 was about right. The South Stand had around 1500 Narch fans and 1871 supporters. The East Stand remains pretty well populated. The West Stand and ED much less so. The stadium looked around half full to me so I don’t believe the attendance figure was far out at all.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Sep 2018 18:00

Green I think you're gonna have to spell this one out for me champ.

As long as you have a pint (in a pub) you don't have to care about football anymore,

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Sep 2018 18:01

Zip
Ascotexgunner Looks like a lot of people are giving up......Wonder what the real attendance was last night? Was told it was around 12000 but looked worse than that. I think they include season tickets in that attendance as well and there were quite a few that weren't there last night.

I though the attendance at just under 13,000 was about right. The South Stand had around 1500 Narch fans and 1871 supporters. The East Stand remains pretty well populated. The West Stand and ED much less so. The stadium looked around half full to me so I don’t believe the attendance figure was far out at all.

There were 900 Norwich supporters. If you believe there were 600 people in Club 1871 then you're sadly mistaken. Try about 100.

Real figure was about 10,000 last night, so many season ticket holders staying away.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Sep 2018 18:13

Old Man Andrews
Zip

There were 900 Norwich supporters. If you believe there were 600 people in Club 1871 then you're sadly mistaken. Try about 100.

Real figure was about 10,000 last night, so many season ticket holders staying away.

I reckoned there were 1300 Norwich supporters as I have already posted elsewhere. There were about 150 Club 1871 fans.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 20 Sep 2018 19:11

There were officially 919 Norwich at Reading

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 Sep 2018 19:31

Often don't have a lot of time for Drama Queen Dellor, his histrionics and his vendettas but have to say that his emotive reaction to the way the 'team' conceded that second goal last night, just seconds after grabbing an equaliser, was absolutely spot on!

For the first time in over forty years I am seriously considering deliberately missing games. The performances from the club as a whole really do not justify the additional expenditure on parking etc. and the loss of precious free time. 90 minutes of almost total boredom and misery guaranteed. I really do not know why I and everyone else didn't just get up and leave the moment we gifted that second goal. Are we all really so stupid that we still cling onto the hope that the management and team might actually manage to engineer a comeback from such situations?! :shock:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Sep 2018 19:34

Royality creeps In There were officially 919 Norwich at Reading

OK. I thought they had filled over half of that part of the South Stand. Spoke with one or two of them on the bus from Mereoak. Thoroughly decent fans.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Sep 2018 19:38

RoyalBlue Often don't have a lot of time for Drama Queen Dellor, his histrionics and his vendettas but have to say that his emotive reaction to the way the 'team' conceded that second goal last night, just seconds after grabbing an equaliser, was absolutely spot on!

For the first time in over forty years I am seriously considering deliberately missing games. The performances from the club as a whole really do not justify the additional expenditure on parking etc. and the loss of precious free time. 90 minutes of almost total boredom and misery guaranteed. I really do not know why I and everyone else didn't just get up and leave the moment we gifted that second goal. Are we all really so stupid that we still cling onto the hope that the management and team might actually manage to engineer a comeback from such situations?! :shock:

We have obviously had worse teams than this down the decades but it is so insipid to watch. It’s also so repetitive. It’s the same tedious, painfully slow style of play every time. Opposition teams find it so much easier to move the ball up the pitch quickly compared to our lot.
I will go on Saturday but unless things improve will give some games a miss.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Sep 2018 20:53

Zip I will go on Saturday but unless things improve will give some games a miss.

Thinking along same lines. Don't mind losing, it's the nature of the defeats that are irking me.

King Cnut

by King Cnut » 20 Sep 2018 21:13

My girl offered me a blow job if Reading got beaten again. Said it wouldn’t happen.
Rosy glow at work today.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 20 Sep 2018 22:05

leon

As long as you have a pint (in a pub) you don't have to care about football anymore,

No idea what you're getting at.

Is this Team Board banter?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Sep 2018 22:21

Green
leon

No idea what you're getting at.

Is this Team Board banter?

Do you know what? This stops right now. We shouldn’t be doing this in front of the fcuking Team Board.

See you in AE.

biff

by biff » 21 Sep 2018 00:11

Yeah I'm not going any more. Would genuinely rather work.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Sep 2018 00:50

Went to my first game back in 1967. been a staunch fan ever since, seen some truly horrible teams in those 51 years, I will be a fan till my time comes,
Bloody running off when times get tough isn`t really an option for me. I expect the missing 1000s to come flooding back if and when our fortunes upturn again. #plastics.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Sep 2018 08:53

windermereROYAL Went to my first game back in 1967. been a staunch fan ever since, seen some truly horrible teams in those 51 years, I will be a fan till my time comes,
Bloody running off when times get tough isn`t really an option for me. I expect the missing 1000s to come flooding back if and when our fortunes upturn again. #plastics.

I don't think it's fair to say the disillusionment is merely "times getting tough"

For me it's something else, something more akin to FOOTBALL is starting to p!ss me off.

There are many things going on outside Reading that don't help.

The Premiership, the stupid International breaks, teams filling with mercenaries, and little or no local feeling, SKY, dumb start times, moving start times, too much punditry, (some) players on so much money they (some) lose the ability to relate to normal people, the media pressures, Twitter bollox, too-expensive food and drink, out of town sites, tough, expensive parking or sh!tty buses, security searches etc

all these chip away at the joy go going to games - and of course, often there's a game on the telly...

But with Reading FC (only my twelfth year watching) what I've seen is a move further and further away from high-tempo, often route one, hard-running, thundering tackles, and INCIDENT, passion, noise.

I hate the current obsession with possession, the lack of MOMENTS, chances and half-chances, Doyle or Hunt or Long or Kitson going in hard, or a ball over the top for Longy or Kebe.

We lost a lot of Premiership games but I never felt the team had just given up. My feeling nowadays (whether justified or not) is that we stopped buying CHARACTER, and "this lot" can slump off the pitch on a Saturday but by seven o'clock they've forgotten the game.

A few years back (a Northern club, I think) one of their players was lying in the goalmouth and deliberately stuck his face in the way of the ball - stupid and brave. Who the F have we got that would do that now?

It is boring.
It is uninspiring.
It is depressing.

If we were having a real go, route one, Hunt and Long, diving in (even when a bit dumb) like JVDB, just trying to make stuff happen (like TBF Swift in the second half v Norwich) then - even if we lose, that's OK.

But insipid, gutless performances without fire in the belly is what is killing me. (Win or lose)

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Sep 2018 09:55

Excellent post.

After a predictably dodgy 1st reply it has become an interesting / open exchange which does not augur well for RFC.

The thread does suggest (as I suspected) that there are a lot of people close to giving up; the scary thing for the club is that once they stop going they won’t come back unless / until the team start challenging for something again.

And that could be a long way off.
Last edited by Royal Rother on 21 Sep 2018 10:04, edited 1 time in total.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Sep 2018 10:02

Problems are the dreadful uninspiring style which is then compounded by the dreadful transfer policy .

Last season the squad was poor and almost not good enough for this level of football and so along comes the summer and Reading go out and bring a load of underwhelming signings who, apart from Yiadom, have failed to claim a regular start.

QPR have a dreadful start and go out and get Hemed and Wells on loan and they go straight into the first team and make a difference.

Reading go out a get a promising Southampton youngster on loan who can't even displace one of the most underperforming players Reading have ever had.

O'Shea just sits on the bench, Baldock has managed to get a few games but hasn't impressed. Meyler so far appears to be (at best) off form, McNulty never plays, Walker was an unnecessary addition as doesn't exactly seem to be any better than Mannone or Jaakkola, Ezalatohi we still wait to see but what's the betting he ends up as another Weiser. If there are any other signings I can't even remember them.

And so is it any wonder the same old trash we all had to suffer last season is going on again this season.

Just such poor decisions. We didn't need players who would just be more of the same we needed 3/4 players that would be shoe-ins for the first team and make those remaining raise their game and prove themselves again. Instead got 1 player fitting that bill and so is it any surprise that everything is just carrying on as before.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 21 Sep 2018 10:06

McDermott Championship winning season - No matter the score, you always thought we had a chance of getting something from the game before the final whistle (mostly thanks to supersub Le Fondre)

Current team - No matter the score, you are never confident that we will get anything from the game before the final whistle (mostly thanks to our defence switching off and conceding a soft goal).

The manager, In my opinion needs to focus the players on 3 things 1. Defence, 2. Defence, 3. Defence - Get that right and then we can look at what's wrong elsewhere as there is no point scoring a goal if your going to let two in, you may as well shut up shop and get a point. It's the way Pardew turned things around, starting at the back.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Sep 2018 10:26

From what I’ve seen it should be midfield, midfield and midfield.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Sep 2018 10:54

since AAH chucked one in against QPR

I maintain he did that on purpose to get Clarke the sack