45%
I want to bum Ian Royal
9%

Total votes: 56
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Clement In/Out...latest poll

by Sutekh » 21 Sep 2018 09:22

Out. Shake it all about - I only voted to see how many want the Ian Royal option.

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Y21 » 21 Sep 2018 09:29

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal
I seem to recall saying there wasn't any point in sacking Stam either.

Should we sack any manager ever?

That's a hell of segue to a different topic. The answer is quite obviously yes btw. If the manager is the main problem.

What have you seen in Clements tenure here, and in his other previous management roles that makes you think he isn't the problem?

According to soccerbase, he has been a manager for 92 matches at three different clubs, winning just 32 of them. That is a win percentage of just 34%. Even Stam managed 40% with his 98 games in charge!

I'm not convinced by him at all... sure the players aren't delivering, but he has to take the responsibility for getting them ready and picking the team.

My only worry with binning him off, is that Nani will get his little buddy Zola in to do the job, now *that* would be a oxf*rd shambles.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 21 Sep 2018 11:27

No doubt the players must take a massive share of the blame regarding the current predicament but for me Clement is a good coach or number 2, he's not a first team coach/manager. We need a no nonsense character in to give this sorry shower of shite a good kick up the 4rse before we end up in L1. Out for me.

Basildon

by Basildon » 21 Sep 2018 11:35

Think the owners/Gourlay have shown already with Stam that they're willing to be patient when things aren't going well, can't realistically see them getting rid any time soon. Keeping us up last season (just) has probably earned him at least until Christmas to turn it around.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 21 Sep 2018 12:25

I'm still 'In' - not good for the club to constantly sack managers so we should stick with him for now. But disagree with those who think that it is not partially his fault - a different manager could definitely be doing a lot better with this squad than he is. Let's hope he can learn from his mistakes and come good ...

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 21 Sep 2018 12:45

2 clubs that over the past few years have regularly replaced managers are Leeds and Watford.
Take a look at how they are doing.
Most of us feel that chopping and changing is not normally the answer but if a manager is no good he is no good.

As for Clement the disappointments for me are:-
No clear plan of playing (other than give it to Mo)
Dubious signings-O'Shea, Meyler, two little strikers etc.
Persisting with underperforming players-Gunter, Aluko, Meite, McShane
No apparent connections with previous clubs leading to decent recruitment

He spoke previously about making changes-let's see on Saturday how brave and decisive he is and what are the odds about him just picking the eleven that finished the game on Wednesday?
I think a loss on Saturday might well mean the end for him.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2018 17:38

Y21
Snowflake Royal
Zip
Should we sack any manager ever?

That's a hell of segue to a different topic. The answer is quite obviously yes btw. If the manager is the main problem.

What have you seen in Clements tenure here, and in his other previous management roles that makes you think he isn't the problem?

According to soccerbase, he has been a manager for 92 matches at three different clubs, winning just 32 of them. That is a win percentage of just 34%. Even Stam managed 40% with his 98 games in charge!

I'm not convinced by him at all... sure the players aren't delivering, but he has to take the responsibility for getting them ready and picking the team.

My only worry with binning him off, is that Nani will get his little buddy Zola in to do the job, now *that* would be a oxf*rd shambles.

I've already explained that. The problem massively predates him.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Sep 2018 18:09

Victor Meldrew 2 clubs that over the past few years have regularly replaced managers are Leeds and Watford.
Take a look at how they are doing.
Most of us feel that chopping and changing is not normally the answer but if a manager is no good he is no good.

As for Clement the disappointments for me are:-
No clear plan of playing (other than give it to Mo)
Dubious signings-O'Shea, Meyler, two little strikers etc.
Persisting with underperforming players-Gunter, Aluko, Meite, McShane
No apparent connections with previous clubs leading to decent recruitment

He spoke previously about making changes-let's see on Saturday how brave and decisive he is and what are the odds about him just picking the eleven that finished the game on Wednesday?
I think a loss on Saturday might well mean the end for him.

He has to make changes on Saturday. Gunter,Aluko, Kelly and Bacuna need to be dropped. He is fast running out of time. A draw isn’t enough tomorrow. He has to get the win.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 21 Sep 2018 18:12

Snowflake Royal I seem to recall saying there wasn't any point in sacking Stam either.

At least we seemed to have a plan, an approach (even if people didn't like it) that filtered through the squad, a plan for academy players and chances.

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 21 Sep 2018 18:20

maffff
Snowflake Royal I seem to recall saying there wasn't any point in sacking Stam either.

At least we seemed to have a plan, an approach (even if people didn't like it) that filtered through the squad, a plan for academy players and chances.

I agree

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2018 18:21

maffff

I'm not sure pass it around our box until the opposition nick it and score is much of a plan, and it wasn't really what we did in the Academy.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 22 Sep 2018 07:30

Who is available/preferred to take over from him that would realistically do a job?