MATCHWATCH : Hull City (h) sponsored by a distinct lack of Saturday home wins

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Hull City (h) sponsored by a distinct lack of Saturday home wins

by Hound » 22 Sep 2018 21:56

Just needs to get fitter. First 30 were top class, controlled the game

JR

Re: MATCHWATCH : Hull City (h) sponsored by a distinct lack of Saturday home wins

by JR » 22 Sep 2018 22:08

Snowflake Royal It really can't be overstressed how bad Hull were. Unfortunately, that means you can't really judge what today means for us in further games.

Ezatolahi could show anything against an actual Champ side. Promising signs but needs to improve his stamina and cut out some errors. Likewise, hard to say if Sims good first start means a lot. Job done today, but I think I'd have preferred no clean sheet an O'Shea available... sorry for being mean John.

On a side note, just got on a train to London with McCleary and Gunts.

Inseparable those two - sat next to them on a flight to Vegas a few years ago - really nice guys.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 22 Sep 2018 23:07

From Despair To Where? I was kind of angling at "Does he improve the team?" and notwithstanding the poor opposition and the other changes to the team also having a positive impact, the general consensus seems to be a tentative yes.

Finally a player who has been identified to fill a role that he is naturally comfortable playing . Which allowed Bacuna to play a more advanced role (in the Williams mould). Net result we played higher up the pitch. Far less tapping the ball around the back. Defence likewise playing a higher line. In the first half Hull had to resort to long balls out of defence.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Sep 2018 10:34

Snowball I wouldn't call him "raw" (certainly not raw like Meite)

His team held its own v Spain and v Portugal recently
but he isn't likely to be at the level of fitness required
for the Championship

Also he may be surprised by the all-action styles

Personally, I thought he exuded class and will be HUGE for Reading

Raw isn't the right word... certainly not in the way Meite is, but I can't think of a better word for what I mean.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Sep 2018 12:09

Snowflake Royal
Snowball I wouldn't call him "raw" (certainly not raw like Meite)

His team held its own v Spain and v Portugal recently
but he isn't likely to be at the level of fitness required
for the Championship

Also he may be surprised by the all-action styles

Personally, I thought he exuded class and will be HUGE for Reading

Raw isn't the right word... certainly not in the way Meite is, but I can't think of a better word for what I mean.

Like some Premiership players go into shock down in the Championship
it takes a few games to adapt. So he needs "experience" (of Level 2)