MATCHWATCH : Hull City (h) sponsored by a distinct lack of Saturday home wins

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Hull City (h) sponsored by a distinct lack of Saturday home wins

by windermereROYAL » 22 Sep 2018 17:56

Denver Royal
Libertine
John Madejski's Wallet Damn, we'd looked ok with O'Shea.

I can only go by the text reports but it sounded like Hull had very few chances today. Interested by read the BFTG reports but hope to see more of O'Shea, Eza and Sims going forward...

Heh, we're 10 pts off top :wink:

O'Shea straight red(?), out 2-3 games. Steady, and read game well.
Baldock worked hard, nice poacher’s goal under pressure, but does he like playing wide?
Bod enjoyed it vs this lot, still loses too many headers easily, need quick update re. goals per mins
Swift unlucky to be dropped(?)
Yiadom a live wire, had assist and a goal
Bacuna can have big year if more consistent week to week
Walker ok, bit nervy, more a physical presence than a keeper
McNulty can't get on the park
Meyler can't get in squad
Barrow and Kelly have regressed. Barrow our best player last season?
Hull poor, but result can be confidence builder.

I might be corrected but I thought a 3 game ban for a straight red was only for voilent conduct.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Hull City (h) sponsored by a distinct lack of Saturday home wins

by Hound » 22 Sep 2018 17:58

Be 1 game for O Shea

But harsh on barrow considering he came on and set up a goal. Has to work hard to get back in the starting 11 which is a good thing. A great sub though

Bacuna was playing as an attacking mid first half and really pressed their back 4. He’s prob our most athletic midfielder and it worked well.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Sep 2018 17:59

Hound Be 1 game for O Shea

But harsh on barrow considering he came on and set up a goal. Has to work hard to get back in the starting 11 which is a good thing. A great sub though

Bacuna was playing as an attacking mid first half and really pressed their back 4. He’s prob our most athletic midfielder and it worked well.

Yep
If a player is sent off for a professional foul (eg holding an opponent back when they're through on goal) or a second bookable offence they will be handed a one-match ban.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Sep 2018 18:14

How did Ezatolahi play?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Sep 2018 18:15

Better. Much better.

No Aluko and Gunter is the way forward no question.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Sep 2018 18:16

John Madejski's Wallet
Snowflake Royal
John Madejski's Wallet 4-1-4-1

Looks more like 4-2-3-1 to me. Kelly and Saied sitting, Baldock and Sims wide. I spose they're not disimilar though

No way was Kelly sitting in the first half. Eza was holding and letting Kelly and Bacuna play much freer behind Bod

No, you were right. Saw it better second half.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 22 Sep 2018 18:17

From Despair To Where? How did Ezatolahi play?

World class in the warm up and first 15 minutes. After that became a bit hit and miss, he seemed to tire, and the pace of the game caught him out a few times.

Fully up to speed after a few more games and training we could have a very, very good player on our hands.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Sep 2018 18:18

Thought he was great first 30. Great header for first goal. Tired very quickly though and a bit of a passenger from 35 mins onwards

Very calm, nice touch and a big lad. Quite similar to Meyler but better on first view

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Sep 2018 18:24

Hound

Thought he was great first 30. Great header for first goal. Tired very quickly though and a bit of a passenger from 35 mins onwards

Very calm, nice touch and a big lad. Quite similar to Meyler but better on first view

He was outside the box for the 1st goal.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Sep 2018 18:24

He was a very good Joey Van Den Berg, reminded me a bit of Joey in his first season under Stam. Ez is far more composed though.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Sep 2018 18:28

It really can't be overstressed how bad Hull were. Unfortunately, that means you can't really judge what today means for us in further games.

Ezatolahi could show anything against an actual Champ side. Promising signs but needs to improve his stamina and cut out some errors. Likewise, hard to say if Sims good first start means a lot. Job done today, but I think I'd have preferred no clean sheet an O'Shea available... sorry for being mean John.

On a side note, just got on a train to London with McCleary and Gunts.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Sep 2018 18:28

windermereROYAL
Hound

corrected, just saw it on sky. i thought it was Oshea.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 22 Sep 2018 18:46

Sounds a bit dramatic, but enjoyed the game because neither Gunter or Aluko were playing. If they play, I don't want to go.

Hull are poor. As are Preston. Just need to find one more team to fill those nasty bottom three places.

Mr C.....please....starting line-ups without Aluko or Gunter, and maybe the fans will come back.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Sep 2018 19:53

Barney Hull are poor. As are Preston. Just need to find one more team to fill those nasty bottom three places.

Birmingham might have a 12 or more point penalty heading their way sometime before Xmas

Don’t think Bolton are definitely out the woods yet and someone was suggesting Villa might be facing a similar problem as well.

But whatever happens there, Reading must not rely on the ineptitudes of other teams.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 22 Sep 2018 20:05

windermereROYAL
Hound

No. He was wearing 32? It was his header that almost went in and Baldock finished

Then you see him running with OShea as they celebrate

Confirmed by the club site and Sky football

I thought he looked utter class and will very soon, barring injuries, be one of the first on the team sheet

He was the rock today, unspectacular, but, until he got tired, always had time

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Sep 2018 20:23

Started very well but then misplaced several passes. He jumped in on a couple of occasions in the second half which left a big gap in midfield. Won several headers. Overall a mixed bag but that’s not surprising. Promising signs.
We looked better with him in the side as we had a much better shape.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Sep 2018 20:43

I was kind of angling at "Does he improve the team?" and notwithstanding the poor opposition and the other changes to the team also having a positive impact, the general consensus seems to be a tentative yes.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Sep 2018 21:30

From Despair To Where? I was kind of angling at "Does he improve the team?" and notwithstanding the poor opposition and the other changes to the team also having a positive impact, the general consensus seems to be a tentative yes.

Oh I think he will improve the side. He’s taller than I thought. When we play Swift and Kelly we look so lightweight. Neither win headers for a start. He does. I think he has the potential to be a very good player for us.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Sep 2018 21:37

Zip
From Despair To Where? I was kind of angling at "Does he improve the team?" and notwithstanding the poor opposition and the other changes to the team also having a positive impact, the general consensus seems to be a tentative yes.

Oh I think he will improve the side. He’s taller than I thought. When we play Swift and Kelly we look so lightweight. Neither win headers for a start. He does. I think he has the potential to be a very good player for us.

Yeah. He's got a slightly unorthodox style about him... very delicate control and touch for a big defensive guy and likes to dab it off to people. It's going to get him in a fair bit of trouble against good players I think, but there is very definitely something in there. He's big, he's keen, he's got awareness, calm and poise and he doesn't wear concrete boots. But he's raw and not used to the pace of the Championship. He's basically the antithesis of everything Meyler turned out to be.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 22 Sep 2018 21:55

I wouldn't call him "raw" (certainly not raw like Meite)

His team held its own v Spain and v Portugal recently
but he isn't likely to be at the level of fitness required
for the Championship

Also he may be surprised by the all-action styles

Personally, I thought he exuded class and will be HUGE for Reading