Protest

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Protest

by Snowball » 20 Sep 2018 13:00

leon
chippc So as fans are we just going to stay silent, not turn up at games and melt away? Or are we going to try and do something about the mess that is now Reading FC? Do we need another PANTS Day? Could we protest at the shambles with some humour and get some PR going? Anybody got any ideas?

Let's storm the pitch and all do a massive shit in the centre circle.

are we allowed to drop our pants?

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 20 Sep 2018 13:24

DelBoyRodders Protests are fine, but what would we be protesting about - the owners, Gourlay, the manager, players - or a combination of all of them?
Sacking Stam last season and bringing in Clement was a no-brainer at the time - something had to change and we had nothing to lose really, sacking the manager this time won't solve a thing. If anything we could be worse off.
A new manager then comes in with no immediate transfer window to work with and in the meantime has to work with a poor squad of players he knows little about - more so if it is foreign appointment who has never worked in England before.
This is the worst Reading team I have seen in my 54 years - and that includes all the RFC teams that have been relegated during that time.
There is no simple fix to our current situation. It's an absolute mess!

Agree with most of this, but no manager should need a transfer window to get this lot playing. Take them to a factory or call centre, take them 10 pin bowling, spend some time on the training pitch playing one-twos... buying players is a total cop out.

How many new players has Sarri bought at Chelsea?

It's about MANAGEMENT!

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 20 Sep 2018 14:16

Love the Norfolk Royal slant on D-day! On reflection l think some of the players may need Tazering!

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 20 Sep 2018 15:18

leon
Norfolk Royal
leon
And then simulate sex in the stands?

I would suggest simulating cardiopulmonary resuscitation would be more appropriate in the circumstances.

Yeah but you mentioned Nurses?

If you can't control your needs just because I said 'nurses,' I fear for your sexual health going forward.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 20 Sep 2018 15:37

chippc So as fans are we just going to stay silent, not turn up at games and melt away? Or are we going to try and do something about the mess that is now Reading FC? Do we need another PANTS Day? Could we protest at the shambles with some humour and get some PR going? Anybody got any ideas?
A protest to what end? - Show ourselves up on national tv?
The PANTS Day protest was fun, It wasn't against the owner, in fact I believe Sir John was in favour of it (as it was a peaceful protest and not an aggressive protest such as a pitch invasion).... it was just a means for everyone to vent their frustration. We still wanted the team to win, we still cheered when we had chances. If you want another PANTS Day style protest then that's how it has to be..... why not start yourself at the next game with a banner or something?.... just don't make it a Wolves style "you've let us down again" banner.

Here's a novel idea, why not write a letter to the owners expressing your concerns? - One letter may not make a difference but 10,000 letters will make a big difference, especially to the postman who has to deliver them....or start an online petition with a very generic statement such as we the undersigned all love and support Reading FC but have great concerns about the performances on the pitch and hereby urge the owners to do something about it. What I'm saying is, just do something - don't just talk about it.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Sep 2018 16:17

jar95 remember Club 1871 :wink:

Vaguely

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 20 Sep 2018 17:18

SJM was not pro pants in particular, but when it was put to him that uglier protests were a possibility he became more accepting of the pants protest. Pardew was furious and described it as "disgusting" My tongue was firmly in my cheek about a protest, but the club needs to hear from the fans, somehow!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Sep 2018 17:38

PANTS Day 2 : The shaming.

If nothing else it might encourage people to attend in number for one game this season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Sep 2018 18:33

Apparently if you try to do something you're an attention seeker and flouncer

McDermolenko

by McDermolenko » 20 Sep 2018 22:32

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Sep 2018 23:02

Snowflake Royal

Apparently if you try to do something you are Reading 4 eva

Fixed.

Rusty royal

by Rusty royal » 21 Sep 2018 00:04

How about everyone staying in the concourses till a few minutes into the game, obviously some will go and sit before the start but the "almost silence" when the players come out to a nearly empty stadium I think would speak volumes?

Yes I know there are serious health and safety issues with my idea

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 21 Sep 2018 10:55

Boycott one of our matches and fill out Reading City's ground for a home game instead all wearing Reading FC shirts.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 21 Sep 2018 12:40

bracksroyal10 Boycott one of our matches and fill out Reading City's ground for a home game instead all wearing Reading FC shirts.
Have Reading Town rebranded?

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 21 Sep 2018 12:44

Forbury Lion
bracksroyal10 Boycott one of our matches and fill out Reading City's ground for a home game instead all wearing Reading FC shirts.

Yes, now known as Reading City still based at Scours Lane.

Reason for this as a suggestion, a message to the club that right now we would rather pay to watch hungry Semi-Pro's who care about their club than "professional" footballers who go home with 1000s a week regardless of their performance and do not care about the position of the club.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 21 Sep 2018 12:47

bracksroyal10
Forbury Lion

Yes, now known as Reading City still based at Scours Lane.

Reason for this as a suggestion, a message to the club that right now we would rather pay to watch hungry Semi-Pro's who care about their club than "professional" footballers who go home with 1000s a week regardless of their performance and do not care about the position of the club.

Another suggestion is to all turn up at the Mad Stad and show that we'd rather stand around chatting/singing amongst ourselves in the car park than actually watch the game - that way they'll actually be aware where the fans have gone.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Sep 2018 12:50

Don't let the players leave after a game. They now park in the car park by the club shop. If you stand on the road just ourside where the barriers are then nobody can do anything to stop you. Get a few hundred there and send a message.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 21 Sep 2018 13:01

It just seems a bit early for this doesn't it, give it till Christmas if we are still this bad then id be IN x2

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Sep 2018 13:03

Theroyalbox It just seems a bit early for this doesn't it, give it till Christmas if we are still this bad then id be IN x2

I don't think it is too early to send a message no. I think it is too early for the supporters to bother though. The players genuinely don't understand that the supporters are angry IMO, they think they are doing just fine and are unlucky.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Sep 2018 14:27

Forbury Lion

No. Reading Town folded.

Highmoor Ibis rebranded themselves as Reading City.