BFTG , Hull.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG , Hull.

by 72 bus » 23 Sep 2018 00:53

Pepe the Horseman Yup. Massive kudos to PC, especially dropping the undroppable Gunter. Ilori at FB looked pretty promising. Ezatolahi is probably the best player I've ever seen live.

Steady on mate, he was "promising" for 30 mins, lets not get too carried away.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Sep 2018 01:01

72 bus
Pepe the Horseman Yup. Massive kudos to PC, especially dropping the undroppable Gunter. Ilori at FB looked pretty promising. Ezatolahi is probably the best player I've ever seen live.

Steady on mate, he was "promising" for 30 mins, lets not get too carried away.

I think PTH is taking the piss

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 23 Sep 2018 01:10

Snowball Illori.
Ezi
[b]Ezi.
Lori
Ezi

How hard is it to spell Ilori?
I-L-O-R-I
Not Lori, not Illori. Do you intentionally do this? You seem the type to him Thiago as well. :roll: it's not hard to learn the players.

Also, get "Ezi" out of your spellcheck immediately. It's Ezatolahi.

Waitinginvain

by Waitinginvain » 23 Sep 2018 07:58

Lower West
Muskrat
Wigan have been winning for fun at home for the last year and get less than us.

Wigan is a Rugby League town. HTH

Or watch Liverpool or Everton.

Mostly United though.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Sep 2018 08:11

maffff
Snowball Illori.
Ezi
[b]Ezi.
Lori
Ezi

How hard is it to spell Ilori?
I-L-O-R-I
Not Lori, not Illori. Do you intentionally do this? You seem the type to him Thiago as well. :roll: it's not hard to learn the players.

Also, get "Ezi" out of your spellcheck immediately. It's Ezatolahi.

Ilori was a typo and auto-correct.

As for Ezi, that's easy and I couldn't be arsed to stop typing to go look up his name.

But, for you. I will call him Ezi from now on.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 23 Sep 2018 09:39

Back from Ifollow. Doing it the day after because after a win I tend to look at every player as God.

Was excited to see a 532 formation, once I saw them line up in a 4141 I was disappointed but it turned out to be extremely effective.

Sam Walker - 6. OK he kept a clean sheet but the linesman and Hull forwards let him off.

Thiago Ilori - 9 My MOTM. Just pure class. Poor crossing but that's not his game. Won't be surprised if he's playing in the champions league in the next 3 years.
John O'Shea - 7. Pleasantly surprised. Dominant in the air, very composed. Unfortunately no pace and that ultimately got him sent off.
Liam Moore - 7. Quality performance. Getting back to the Moore of 16/17 season.
Andy Yiadom - 8. Can't believe we got him on a free. Gives everything, great going forward but in defence has his flaws. Did well against a very impressive Jarrod Bowen.

Said Ezatolahi - 6. Started really well. Looked very confident, always gave the defence an option, great in the air and a strong presence. After 20 minutes the game seemed to pass him by, took too long on the ball and a few wayward passes. Once he gets up to the pace of the championship in confident he will be a regular starter.

Sam Baldock - 8. Scored, a leader in the pitch, helps the defence. I've not been overly impressed with him this season but his play off the ball is very unselfish and helps the team.
Liam Kelly - 7. Much improved performance. Got the ball forward quickly. His passes were however overhit too often. Definitely a confidence player.
Leandro Bacuna - 8. Very impressive. Great set piece delivery, drives us up the pitch.
Josh Sims - 7. Not scared to take a defender on. Seems to make the right decision regularly which is a big flaw of Alukos. Buzzes around the pitch, harassing like Jay Tabb and wins a lot of loose balls with good anticipation.

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson - 8. Scored again. Always puts a good shift in. Was disappointed he didn't win many headers today. If it wasn't for his attitude and incredible work rate he wouldn't be a professional footballer.

Modou Barrow - 7. No surprises here. Should be playing but I don't know who you'd drop for him.
John Swift - 6. Got us forward well. Unlucky to not be playing. Needs to work harder to take Kelly's spot.
Chris Gunter - 6. Hopefully had the kick up the backside he needed. Did well when he came on though didn't have too much to do.

Paul Clement - 10. Ballsy team selection. Paid off for him. Finally a manager that has enough about him to drop poor performers.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 23 Sep 2018 09:41

Summary:
- What a relief to get a home win
- Yiadom again impressive, Can’t wait to see him in his natural position with Obita at LB
- Kelly and Bacuna both turned up, impressed with both
- Why didn’t Barrow start, our most dangerous player, something going on there?
- Sims 10x the player Aluko is
- New lad in the middle needs time in u23s to adapt, I don’t think he had a good game at all (despite others thinking he did), looked slow on the ball, poor passing, caught out a few times. Didn’t offer anymore than Meyler
- O’Shea made a big difference, calm and effective, definitely a blow him being banned now
- The booing of Gunter coming on was pathetic, very poor to see / hear
- Jon Dadi just keeps scoring goals, turning into a real fans favourite
- Bring on Brentford (a)

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Sep 2018 09:45

I see Bod is joint third top-score in the championship ATM
alongside people like Pukki, with the joint second-highest
shots on target percentage.

Of all the top-scorers he has the lowest minutes on the pitch,
most with almost twice his minutes

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 23 Sep 2018 09:48

windermereROYAL
Jack Celliers
The red card seemed harsh - aren't they supposed to let players off for professional fouls if they make an attempt for the ball?

Only inside the box. to prevent getting punished by a penalty and a sending off.

I see. It's a shit rule that seems a little shitter now.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Sep 2018 09:50

hughsies no.1 Summary:

- New lad in the middle needs time in u23s to adapt, I don’t think he had a good game at all (despite others thinking he did), looked slow on the ball, poor passing, caught out a few times. Didn’t offer anymore than Meyler

I thought he was pure class. In the first quarter he made so much time
for himself, he could look up, make excellent passes (apart from one
near-hospital ball slightly underhit)

I suspect he is used to more time on the ball playing where teams back off,
and I also suspect that the word went after 15/20 minutes on to hit him earlier

Also he is very unlikely to be Championship Pace Match Fit

and, considering he was in a hugely important position and
barely yet knows his team-mates, he did really well.

Also made a goal, let's not forget.

I would start him even if he can only manage 60 minutes.

He will soon understand the feet come flying in

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Sep 2018 09:51

hughsies no.1 Summary:
- Yiadom again impressive, Can’t wait to see him in his natural position with Obita at LB
- O’Shea made a big difference, calm and effective, definitely a blow him being banned now
- Bring on Brentford (a)

I didn’t hear any boos for Gunter. If there were some then that’s embarrassing.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Sep 2018 09:53

hughsies no.1 Summary:
-
- Bring on Brentford (a)

Agree. Hoping for a surprise draw, praying it's not a 5-0 whupping.

It would have been great to have drawn with Norwich and maybe had one more
confidence-building game before having to go away to such a good home side

We might have Lady Luck on our side and sneak something, but it
may well be too soon to expect an unbeaten run

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Sep 2018 10:24

hughsies no.1 Summary:
- Bring on Brentford (a)

Hang on! People booed Gunter on? No wonder he didn't look happy to see a Reading shirt after the game. oxf*rd outrageous behaviour.

I don't rate the guy but he doesn't deserve booing, especially coming on as an emergency sub. He's never given less than total commitment to us.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Sep 2018 10:32

A big difference yesterday was Sims vs Aluko.

Sims stayed wide, isolating his marker and always looked to get down the line and beyond him.

By contrast Aluko drifts infield and deeper, does slow multi-touch turns inside and wanders into traffic in the congested middle. This also means he's often awol when needed to help his fullback.

What we've seen recently is what you get with ill-disciplined players who don't play as a team. What we saw yesterday is what you get with players who play to a plan that compliments the whole, even if they may in some cases be less good as far as individual talent goes.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 23 Sep 2018 10:33

Zip
Hound
Denver Royal Yep, think you're right. Hull played to his strengths.
That said, think we could use more aerial dominance in central defence in this league.
And, prolly most players in general looked better today on account of opposition.

Do you think they played to his strengths as the front 4/5 were pressing so well?

That’s how I watched it. Made them resort to long balls which Tiago, Moore and O Shea are going to deal with all day

We see other teams constantly press and chase our defence. Finally we saw the tables turned with Bod, Sims and Baldock working so hard to close down their defenders. So pleasing to see

This is why we can’t play Aluko and Barrow. Neither have sufficient work rate. Defending starts from the front which is why our defence often looks overrun and the midfield gets dragged out of position

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Sep 2018 10:37

Snowball
hughsies no.1 Summary:

That just goes to show how different people see games, I thought the Iranian looked outstanding for 30 minutes , obviously need to see more before we can judge, to compare him to Meyler is quite frankly a joke.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Sep 2018 10:42

Snowball
hughsies no.1 Summary:

Not sure what playing in the u23 would do for Eli, u23 games are nothing like proper competitive games. He’d think English football is easy !
He looks so much better than Meyler in every respect that he simply has to play and learn as he goes. He isn’t the finished article but for the first 45 he looked at home, comfortable on the ball, disciplined and confident. We’ve gphad too many players look promising in their first game and then fail to deliver to assume he is the answer to our key weakness, but the signs are very hopeful.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 23 Sep 2018 10:53

Ascotexgunner
windermereROYAL
Ascotexgunner There are still massive problems.

Care to go into more detail?

Was referring more to off the pitch....sh+t attendance, empty boxes etc......you know..the usual.
I probably should have said.."this win won't change anything off the pitch"

Winning consistently will though, and you have to start somewhere.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Sep 2018 10:55

Crowd were very appreciative of the effort

Word gets out that the players are actually trying and winning a few games and we’ll be back at 18k+

Actually enjoyed the first half more than any home game for years.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 23 Sep 2018 11:16

LightwaterRoyal Paul Clement - 10. Ballsy team selection. Paid off for him. Finally a manager that has enough about him to drop poor performers.

And if he hadn't been "ballsy" I suspect he would have been looking for another job tomorrow morning.
It's a bit sad we have to suffer an infinite amount of losses, plummeting attendances and be at the wrong end of the table to get this reaction from him. But hey if we start picking up points he may yet survive his first ever full season at a club......but there is a bloody long way to go.